It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS included as Fake News Site...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: blackrabbit1

You do realise all the threads that are not in the recent or new sections don't disappear. You could search for an endless amounts of time on this website reading through past threads, they are still just as relevant then the current.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I agree ATS has become a fake news website, all you have to do is look at the content recently. 99% of ufo threads are clearly fake ( yet people cant see it), satire political news is a joke and good, stimulating debate orientated threads are few and far between.

It's only cos we are involved we can't think objectively of how this website is perceived by the average person I don't blame em cos I can see it and I'm indoctrinated.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: spirit_horse

lmao!!

Wikileaks, ZeroHedge and ATS are all on the list.

Hilarity should ensue...at least it has on my side of the monitor.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Why no listing for Daily Kos being a fake news site?

When Hillary collapsed on 9/11 there was a popular article claiming that Hillary is physiologically unable to sweat and so she overheated.

www.dailykos.com...

Why no listing for HuffPo?

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 03:37 AM
link   

As long as it is not ATS policy to label fake news as such, it is reasonable for ATS to be on that list.

Sure, downright hoaxes (sometimes) end up in the hoax bin, but stories with omitted or 'misrepresented' facts - you know stories like a story about a "US sergeant kills pregnant woman" without the part about the pregnant woman shooting at his men - are never labeled accordingly. Even if it IS being called out and documented by other ATS members in the thread.

Fake news and propaganda often have some root in the truth. It is often 'just' unreasonably skewed stories, like the example above, so if we want to avoid being on the list in question, and more importantly, if we want to NOT propagate this kind of thing, we HAVE to be better to call such things out.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 03:49 AM
link   

I have a question. If wikileaks is a fake news site then why all the talk about the DNC being hacked? It was the Russians or some other agency right? How can you be up in arms about a site putting out information they stole from you then say they put out false news? IMO that just proves how unfounded this list is.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: DupontDeux

Yes but remember the picture of the radioactive flowers in Fukushima? Link that story and you are hoaxed binned. Recently npr had a story about kids on Facebook who figured it was real. The problem is nobody knows what is real. Information is manipulated so much. I feel the discourse here filters out way more than the rest...so when cnn airs a blatantly false story it's just bad journalism?
edit on 27-11-2016 by Sillyosaurus because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-11-2016 by Sillyosaurus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 03:58 AM
link   
This whole "Fake News" hysteria isn't restricted to just the USA and appears to be spreading with media and political figures in Europe pushing it as well. I know there has been criticism of everything outside the corporate / government controlled channels before but this seems to be a lot bigger.

The problem, as I see it, with the corporate media, is that they are guilty not only of pushing unverified speculation and innuendo as facts but also deliberate omission of newsworthy material that would very much be in the public's interest.
So not only do they publish lies, but also already censor what is reported. When something serious eventually does reach critical mass, with the independent media having been reporting it sometimes for months (or years), only then do they acknowledge it's existence and claim it as "Breaking" news or a scoop / exclusive, usually having lifted the material from other sources that have been paying attention.
The real investigative reporting seems, for a very long time, to have become the sole domain of the independent media, while the mass media entertainment channels fill up the news slots and reporting with unimportant celebrity chatter and pulp.

The other problem I have with the mainstream is their ability to be actually creating the news they are reporting, to push the official agendas of those in power, or hoping to usurp power in some cases.
The mainstream relies, or so it seems, on anonymous officials, unnamed sources, paid "experts" and opinions in it's reporting these days, rather than actual evidence or facts, when pushing issues that affect us all, and it has been that way for a very long time now.
Of course, one thing the independent media now has to be very careful of, is the planting of deliberate false news items to be used to discredit them. The old "give them enough rope to hang themselves" routine, to promote the whole fake news narrative and shut them down as being harmful to society!

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

I say this as a paying contributor.

And as a contributing member , too

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Given that this is not even a news site, and does not claim to be, ya really gotta wonder what their criteria is -- if they even have any real criteria! They discredited themselves with calling ATS a fake news site.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Topic already exists here.

closing

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join