It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media Silent as House Passes Resolution for Syrian No-Fly Zone — Provoking War with Russia

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

Soon after the presidential election?

No, how about July, that's when this bill was introduced to the house.

www.congress.gov...

Note also that some house republicans voted yes on this resolution as well, so it's not all the democrats fault. Just mostly

Some? I counted 41 Republican and 45 Democrats.

Why can't people post straight facts instead of adding their own agenda driven twists on it??

edit on 26/11/16 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueAmerican

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

This is very serious. A no-fly zone was used and abused in Libya to execute regime change, via Nato attacking government forces, not allowing government forces to have the upper hand through air superiority, and supplying the opposition with weapons, funds, and training. The West has been trying to do this since 2013 at least, but the UN, China, Arab League, and Russia won't go for it due to the abuse of the Chapter VII resolution in Libya. It would probably have to be done illegally, or unilaterally without UNSC approval. Without such approval and abstention by Russia and China, it would be an act of war and not carry legitimacy globally.

Bingo, excellent answer my friend. And obviously Russia is well aware of those abuses of the no fly zone in Libya. He is already three chess moves ahead, and knows what this means.

Thanks. Yes, Russia is, because they were involved in the deliberations for that resolution. And, Russia knows full well the deception going on in Syria and West's desires for regime change.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

I meant only 2 option if a no-fly-zone is enacted.

I think Trump will be much better diplomatically on this issue than Clinton would have been. She wanted to shoot down Russian jets, that's just plain ol' crazy.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

Soon after the presidential election?

No, how about July, that's when this bill was introduced to the house.

www.congress.gov...

You are misinterpreting the article. So soon means this action, which comes directly from the actions list on the bill:
11/15/2016-3:38pm House Mr. Royce moved to suspend the rules and pass the bill, as amended.

www.congress.gov...

11/15/16. Soon after the election, and the way this was passed underhandedly, using a special rule, which should have never been used for something so critical as this, to do it. Read the article again please and understand. Then comment. thanks.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   

47 Democrats, 42 Republicans in the house:
www.congress.gov...

My question is, once Trump assumes the presidency he will have the power to step in and pull forces out of Syria. Will he do so? Will the Republican party stand by him? Members here are certain he will. Looking at who Trump has surrounded himself with in the whitehouse, the position of the Republicans over the years (Iraq war) and the fact Trump has been stepping back on many of his policies, I wouldn't put too much faith.

IF this does get passed and Trump steps in, I'll be the first to give him credit. I highly doubt it though.

The Russians have stated in no uncertain terms that electing Trump just averted WW3,

The Russians will say anything in favor of Trump. Obama and prior presidents have only been a thorn in the backs of Russia and her interests. With Trump at the helm, Putin will now have more freedom to do as his will desires in Eastern Europe, the ME and the far east. The Ukrainians are probably wetting themselves right now. They can pretty much say goodbye to the eastern half of their country.

With Syria I say leave it to the Russians. It's an unfortunate situation but getting involved in ME matters has only made things worse for the US.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

I agree with everything, except that this is a "liberal" thing and that Trump is going to stop it. I don't think that he is a real anti-establishment, anti-war candidate. Don't fool yourself. He already has postured about torturing people, and ending cooperation with Iran, etc.

It is a funny thing Quetzal, throughout the entire election cycle, I was absolutely in agreement with you. I repeatedly spoke of Trump being there to guarantee Hillary's presidency and I if it was not for pizzagate I think that is what would have happened.

I feel like there is a battle going on between two factions within our government, those loyal to the shadow government and those against it. I think that Trump just found himself smack dab in the middle of it.

It makes sense that it is elements in our military that are standing against the shadow government, his appointments are from the military, so it could be argued that is setting the stage for WW3 or he is following directions from the anti-shadow government side.

Did not mean to make it sound like I thought it was a liberal thing, war criminals are on both sides of the isle and it boils down to who bows to their masters, as an eternal optimist I choose to think Trump may make the right choice.... lol never thought I would say that!
edit on America/ChicagoSaturdayAmerica/Chicago11America/Chicago1130pmSaturday11 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

No she didn't. She said she wanted a negotiated no-fly zone. It dumbfounds me how people keep pressing this. Even freaking Breitbart reported it correctly. Clinton Eyes ‘Negotiated’ Syria No-Fly Zone

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
I have the feeling that this bill was pre planned and all the votes lined up so that when Hillary won the election things could be put in motion very quickly, only one problem, Hillary didn`t win.
I guess things were already past the point of no return so they carried out the plan even though Hillary lost.

Making me even more suspicious Tardacus. The Bum's Rush is
being played out in Obama's last days, and it looks like we're
the bums getting rushed into the DUMBs *. If anything, the
whatever-he-is-by-now can see the legacy about to be creamed:
so what would any world-class vampiric narcissist do? Irk.

Oh wait that's * for just the button pushers and paper hangers.
The American plebs get the suntan oil and "Lawrence... this is
Lawrence Kansas."
What say ye, John of Avatar? Sorry I meant Phage.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Since (THANKFULLY!) Donald Trump won the election, Russia will likely show restraint.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
It's an unfortunate situation but getting involved in ME matters has only made things worse for the US.

Well we do agree on that much. But that is sort of a ridiculous statement. Is everything around you right now, burnt to the ground, destroyed, with bodies all over the place, and 14,000,000 of your neighbors homeless? No.

Getting involved in the ME has only made things EXTREMELY MUCH WORSE FOR THEM.

And let's be DAMN clear on that.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   

The obvious "preferred stance" would be a negotiated no-fly-zone. Russia already had responded saying they will not recognize it. Clinton would have pushed it anyway, which would have led to the obligation of either shooting Russian jets down, or making no-fly-zones a complete joke.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

The obvious "preferred stance" would be a negotiated no-fly-zone. Russia already had responded saying they will not recognize it. Clinton would have pushed it anyway, which would have led to the obligation of either shooting Russian jets down, or making no-fly-zones a complete joke.

Obama draws "red lines" in Syria and then forgets about them.
Remember? www.theatlantic.com...

link   
a reply to: Indigent

while they are just "assessing" here, they absolutely want to impose this no fly zone by any means necessary. they want to provoke a war. war generates big bucks for TPTB in this f'd up world, and they want more.

also, why would they even need to assess? even we can see that this would be seen as an act of war and is pretty much inviting putin to challenge, and have planes shot down, and here we go......

link   
Hi Vector99

originally posted by: Vector99

Hopefully it dies in the senate, I get the feeling Obama would sign it.

Leftist liberal anti-American Republicans and commie democrats are doing this to enable dictator barry husein soetoro to start a war and to stay in office after declaring marshall law.

Russians aren't stupid. They see this exactly as stated above; congress is doing this to keep asshole barry hussein soetoro in office.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   

I have the feeling that this bill was pre planned and all the votes lined up so that when Hillary won the election things could be put in motion very quickly, only one problem, Hillary didn`t win.
I guess things were already past the point of no return so they carried out the plan even though Hillary lost.

I agree. The elections is also the reason Russia moved it's naval forces into the Mediterranean. If Hilldog had won, Russia was ready to unleash the dogs of war in Syria to finish off the rebel forces before Jan. 20. Trump won so Putin is holding off for now. How long is his call but if this bill is ratified, watch Russia move quickly with force.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Nailed it. Democrats might should be thankful they didnt get what they want. When did democrats become the pro war party? Sometime during the Obama admin they both lost their minds with the sjw stuff and decided to gonall 1984. Setting up the ministry of truth (opposing thoughts are fake news) - war is peace.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   

IDIOTS, damn them all to hell ! youtu.be...

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   

So basically the US is admitting that despite its "superior" weaponry they can't defeat Russia in proxy war?

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   

A " No Fly Zone " Imposed by the United States Will most Definitely Provoke a Military Conflict with Russia in Syria . This Borders on Insanity . The Neo Cons in the Republican Party have to be behind this . The American People Will Not Support it for Sure .

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73

So basically the US is admitting that despite its "superior" weaponry they can't defeat Russia in proxy war?

Huh? Where in the world are you getting THAT?

It is not the issue at all. The point is to never, ever, let it get to the point where we are facing off directly against Russian forces (unless they are invading our territory). There are no winners in nuclear war, so your point, and question, are irrelevant. And if there is an all out nuclear war, your life will also be irrelevant.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join