It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Would it be enough proof?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Let's say tomorrow the president of the United States came on air with a special announcement. In that announcement he disclosed that aliens were real, and that we had captured and interrogated members of the alien species. They showed pictures of said aliens, videos of them alive, autopsy videos, and even mentioned scientists confirming that they were in fact authentic. He then goes on to say, that their intentions remain unclear.

This is then backed up by other world leaders. They even provide a flyover from a captured alien craft for all to see.

Would this be enough to satisfy most skeptics?

Or,

Would doubt remain? Would the video evidence be questioned as authentic? Would people start turning to any theory to make it untrue? Would it become a false flag? A set up for a fake invasion from the NWO? How far would people go to remain in denial? Would most people believe it? What would be the real result?

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Deny Ignorance
Question Everything
Follow those , and the world becomes a different place

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Think for yourself. Question authority. Tune in, turn on, drop out.

Some choice words by Dr. Timothy Leary.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   
No our poster Phage would proove he is delusional

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

What proof would be required even Phage couldn't deny it?

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   
If someone doesnt WANT to, they wont...
Doesnt matter what you say or do.

And imho, they should be left behind...
edit on 2016/11/26 by Miccey because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
a reply to: khnum

What proof would be required even Phage couldn't deny it?

An alien craft landing directly on top.....
Me too

edit on 11/26/16 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Probably his own Romulan space cruiser might convince him

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   
if that happened.... it would be for a reason...

fake an alien attack and than brg in the nwo.. one world government and currency and say "its for the protection of the planet"

heh

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Let's say tomorrow the president of the United States came on air with a special announcement. In that announcement he disclosed that aliens were real, and that we had captured and interrogated members of the alien species. They showed pictures of said aliens, videos of them alive, autopsy videos, and even mentioned scientists confirming that they were in fact authentic. He then goes on to say, that their intentions remain unclear.

This is then backed up by other world leaders. They even provide a flyover from a captured alien craft for all to see.

I don't know who this 'most skeptics', but what you are describing (other than being exceedingly naive in believing anything any politicians or media have to say, or anything that you think, for that matter, what you are describing is called the 'fallacy of (an appeal to) authority'!
In Texas (and we're all in 'Texas'), no matter how many governments and government suckling 'experts' want to claim that there are zebras running by, the wise don't waste their energy running for the window.
Though, sometimes, statistically, a zebra might be missed!
But, there has been so much pipe-dream baseless lying and delusional claims, that for it to make the least difference to me, personally, a space-ship would have to land in my yard and ... whatever... would have to 'walk' out and ask me for directions, or something!

Or, Would doubt remain? Would the video evidence be questioned as authentic?

'Video evidence' is so easily hacked, distorted, manufactured, etc... that there is little to no credibility!

Would people start turning to any theory to make it untrue?

Woah, there, pardner!
That's a mighty fancy jump from a logical fallacy and a youtube or two, to accepting it as 'true'!
Nothing that you have offered came anywhere near proving anything (politicians, their lackeys and some youtubes; oh my!), thus, there need be no 'theory proving it untrue'!

Show me the skeleton, show me the lab-work that examined the DNA, show me the math, the physics...
I can decide for myself on the probabilities whether it be extraterrestrial or not.

"Nothing is easier than self-deceit. For what each man wishes, that he also believes to be true." - Demosthenes

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 03:19 AM
link   

I'd buy a big bottle of rum, and wait for more details. I'd probably remind myself that [in Bill Hicks' words] that 'It's just a ride'. And then i'd carry on drinking.
edit on 27-11-2016 by JesusXst because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: JesusXst

I'm sure they hold dangerous hominids in a stasis hold.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I don't believe for one second aliens (who j believe are out there) are visiting us. But yea, if all that happened tomorrow I would begging to question if it might be true. Depends really.

I want aliens to be here more than anything...but that doesn't make it true

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Can't speak for anyone else but it would be enough to satisfy me.
I still pray for such a day.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 04:41 AM
link   
it's tricky.. isn't it..

There's the evidence.. and then there's the cult and how 'that' came about.

The evidence does indeed point to their being some form of inter/outer space entity that's been around for possibly before us.. they however.. do whatever it is they do.. and don't stick around for tea and crumpets.

The cult.. is another thing, largely manufactured and highly socially engineered for the control or our social psyche, used as a smokescreen control platform to hide the evidence in a neatly contained box.

I do believe that if one of the above was to present itself openly the methods and results would be vastly different between the two.. as one is used for control.. and one just is.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 04:53 AM
link   

It would of course not be enough. In order for something like this to be proven, it must be subject to reviewing by a third party - or it should be testable (in a scientific sense) in some way.

Until that it would just be a claim.

Edit: Remember that time when a president announced evidence of WMD's in Iraq, with slides and all, and was backed up by other world leaders, but it was not subject to third party reviews?

I SOUNDED like prove, but it was, as we were to found out, nothing but claims.
edit on 27-11-2016 by DupontDeux because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 05:23 AM
link   
If they showed us all the evidence they have had since the beginning of UFO records, plus the ability to view them in a Wearhouse setting like a museum type deal, UFO craft, weapons, bodies and live Aliens in person, then I'd believe it.

I already do believe in Aliens roaming around the universe or least on other worlds/possibly our world in the ancient past, just not exactly sure how much is true.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

Isn't that the point of op's thread? At what point would a skeptic believe or to what lengths would they go to deny? You've stated your stance as it needs to happen right in front of you so now what about the rest of the skeptics? How would they react?

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Would doubt remain?

I don't know about other people, but for this sceptic here doubt would remain, as it always does, in every topic.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: HoJu69
a reply to: namelesss

Isn't that the point of op's thread? At what point would a skeptic believe or to what lengths would they go to deny? You've stated your stance as it needs to happen right in front of you so now what about the rest of the skeptics? How would they react?

I'm sure there are other skeptics responding...

A 'belief' is caught, like a virus, it is not a rational thing, chosen...
Which is one reason I mentioned 'statistically'.
Statistically, it stands to great reason that 'life' exists elsewhere in the Universe than just on Earth.
Statistically, the odds fall dramatically when factoring in that 'they' have visited our little blue marble.
But, statistically, the possibility does exist.
Skeptical does not = denial.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join