It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

My rant on Fake News

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Lol riiiight... keep protecting your sacred disinformation. We must have our god given right to dumb ourselves down so we vote Republican! Dumbing down with lies is to be honored and cherished!

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

Spoken like a true authoritarian. SO we are all dumb because. . . free speech. :/

I figured the truth would eventually emerge. Nothing speaks louder than a movement against free speech.

Please, keep it up.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 12:44 AM
link   
"Hey guys, in this new Free World we should have free speech so people can speak their minds freely!"

Republican translation: Freely dumb down your base to confuse them and divide them to migrate them under an umbrella of lies -- so you can control them and brainwash them! And anytime it's challenged, start hiding behind Free Speech.

It's Fing repugnant. The Alt Right disinformation machine should be hunted down and treated as enemies of the state. Their motives are sinister and they should be ended.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 12:47 AM
link   

LMAO!

Keep it up!!!

Brilliant!

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Someone pretending to be "news" while selling total lies are scammers. Scammers should not be protected by free speech. They are fraudulent with sinister motivations against the American people... it is an attack. They should be rooted out-- and it's very telling that you want to protect these scammers dumbing down the populace.
edit on 28-11-2016 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 12:54 AM
link   

I want everyone to have the same freedom of speech as everyone else.

I don't need some arrogant elitist prick deciding for me what is and isn't factual.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 01:56 AM
link   

You want truth and lies equally distributed to create total confusion and disinformation? How about in schools also? You are endorsing deception and dumbing down. That is not the purpose of free speech. What you're describing is an abuse of free speech... abuse is not something to condone or protect.

edit on 28-11-2016 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Don't go full nazi on me.

I want freedom.

I think people are smart enough to determine for themselves what is and isn't the truth.

Obviously, you want to dictate what people see as news.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 02:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Don't go full nazi on me.

I want freedom.

I think people are smart enough to determine for themselves what is and isn't the truth.

I'm going nazi? Lol. I'm pretty sure the Nazi's were huge fans of lies and propaganda. They loved their extremely fact-free specialty media. Much like you.

I'm just an old fashion American who is not fooled by a conman trying to sell me on the beauty of disinformation and how we must protect our right to dumb down our base. You're in favor of deception-- and you're using deception to pretend deceiving people is Free Speech.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   

You're a liar.

I want freedom.

I don' want some asshat like you determining what is and isn't truthful.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 02:13 AM
link   

That's con-man talk. You say people are smart enough as a basis to justify why you should be allowed to shovel sh#t into their brains and call it news. You're trying to justify a fraudulent news outlet scamming its audience with intentional lies meant to deceive them.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 02:22 AM
link   

You're a liar.

I want freedom.

The freedom you want is the freedom to deceive and misinform with reckless abandon. You are arguing for the right to completely scam people into thinking something is legit news when it's in fact a total lie. You essentially want the freedom to act as a fraudulent information source. Which is not at all what free speech is about.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 03:10 AM
link   

To add also people are that stupid to fall for fake news just look at ats recently much fake news and people lapped it up.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   

So I can safely assume that you are against free speech, like most of the leftists.

You are consistently against criticism

Also - fact checking

Why is that?

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   

You're a liar.

Again with this? How is he lying?

People may or may not be smart enough to know what is and isn't real. People can't be smarter than they are?

I think it's interesting that you think that this entire argument about fake news is somehow an attempt to end freedom of speech. So, in order to protect our freedom, you want to end all discussion of fake news and just live with the fake news. But, we've been living with it, and we will continue to live with it - it's not going anywhere

How is wanting to make people more aware a bad thing? How is education a bad thing? How is knowledge a bad thing?

We can see that you won't even allow for anyone, specifically if they're intellectuals (especially if they're self-proclaimed intellectuals - whatever that even means) to talk about it

Criticism is free speech. Dissent is also free speech. You don't have to like it. You should be willing to defend it

It is always more difficult to fight against faith than against knowledge.

You make an unbalanced, nearly unhinged argument against liberals every chance you get

You argue against people who think differently from you

You argue against argument

I want freedom.

I believe you believe that
edit on 11/28/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   

...and, yet, it was all of those brilliant, rocket scientist, Leftists making up and blindly believing polls giving Hillary a 95% chance of a landslide win.

Stay 'intelligent', my Lefty friends.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Are you saying that you used that actual event with actual klan members as an example for no good reason? Why include it? What did you really mean?

I used it because we we were speaking about Nazis and the persecution that emboldened them. I never said the KKK was being persecuted. I said coercion, violence and censorship is persecution. That includes all ideologies, including the KKK, of which I gave as an example. Yes, in that instance they were being persecuted against. I'm not aware of any other incident like that. Other times they are protected by police. So no, they are not being persecuted.

If your grasp of grammar is indicative of your seriousness, it's no wonder you must slander people to win your arguments. It suspiciously happens around the time you start speaking in questions.

You know what I duly noted? That you don't defend the rights of people to criticize hate speech without implying that they are for censorship. Tit - for tat. Please see your quote above and explain how I have it wrong

Coercion, threat, and violence is not criticism. A seething mob of yelling people is not criticism, name-calling and demonization is not criticism, and no amount of mental yoga will make that so.

If you don't believe in and protect the free speech for groups you disagree with, you don't believe in free speech. It's that simple. Freedom of expression is not to be restricted to views of which one approves, and that it is precisely in the case of views that are almost universally despised this right must be most vigorously defended. It is easy to defend those who need no defense or to join in collective condemnation.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   
The whole Fake News thing is a red herring IMO....

Print media is dead.

Televised and online media is the future.

They can control the televised media.... but they can not control online media.

It is NOT about fake news.... it is about CENSORSHIP, plain and simple.

Control the content on the internet, and you control the people.

Best thing that could probably happen to humans right now would be a massive worldwide Carrington event that sends us all back to the 1600's overnight.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Yes, in that instance they were being persecuted against. I'm not aware of any other incident like that. Other times they are protected by police. So no, they are not being persecuted.

So - you were calling that persecution? Just so we're clear

If your grasp of grammar is indicative of your seriousness, it's no wonder you must slander people to win your arguments. It suspiciously happens around the time you start speaking in questions.

Good one Les - and, so you revert to form - here. Why are you hiding behind grammar - have you run out of legitimate arguments?

Now you have a problem with me asking questions? :-)

How are questions slander? Legitimate question...by the way

Coercion, threat, and violence is not criticism. A seething mob of yelling people is not criticism, name-calling and demonization is not criticism, and no amount of mental yoga will make that so.

What do we have here? An admission that people should be afraid of words? Suspicious of name calling? Even when it comes from the right?

Or, only when it comes from the left?

Yes - those were questions Les. Are you feeling insulted? Or - are you up to answering them?

Anyhow, why is it you (of all people) are the very first to start whining about slander? Even as you slander other people?

If you don't believe in and protect the free speech for groups you disagree with, you don't believe in free speech. It's that simple. Freedom of expression is not to be restricted to views of which one approves, and that it is precisely in the case of views that are almost universally despised this right must be most vigorously defended. It is easy to defend those who need no defense or to join in collective condemnation.

Oh, so very brave...and wise. So, we agree

But - wait! Why are you always attacking everything the left has to say? Even when it's only an opinion?

You don't seem to actually believe what you just posted. You've proven it over and over again

And now? You're even afraid of questions. Apparently

edit on 11/28/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

The argument is about justifying censorship in order to "protect" the rest of us from what the authoritarians consider fake news.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join