It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

My rant on Fake News

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Infringing on other peoples rights, censorship is the antithesis of freedom and must be fought.

Then why are you arguing for censorship?

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Just in case this isn't completely clear. The only reason the left is pushing this "Fake News" crap is so obvious a child could understand it. First...the typical method of the left executing control is to call something "bad" and then deciding that if it is "bad", someone must be appointed to look for it and call it out as "bad". Maybe they will label people who believe certain news they choose "Truth Deniers". They are pretty good at coming up with these labels.

Bottom line first...the left are trying to fool you into accepting that "Fake News" is bad so that you agree to have it silenced. The left then will want to appoint someone (like themselves) to decided what is and isn't fake. So they will in essence silence any opinion they don't agree with. Ta-Da!

Example: The left tend to believe in man-made Climate Change. They made it into something "bad" and called out "Climate Change Deniers" after labeling them and now, the DOJ is considering making these "deniers" criminals. Yup...if they execute this and you "deny" man-made Climate Change you are committing a crime.

So even after getting their asses beat in the most recent election for President, House and Senate...they are still using the same old weapons.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Well put.

Even when repeatedly stating that I'm a proponent of free speech, I still get called a Nazi and want to censor.

I think the shrinks call it, "Projection".

What baffles me is why people don't want free expression.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

Example: The left tend to believe in man-made Climate Change. They made it into something "bad" and called out "Climate Change Deniers" after labeling them and now, the DOJ is considering making these "deniers" criminals. Yup...if they execute this and you "deny" man-made Climate Change you are committing a crime.

So even after getting their asses beat in the most recent election for President, House and Senate...they are still using the same old weapons.

The thing about constantly reusing old weapons...is that they tend to wear out, break down...and begin to occasionally blow up in the wielder's face.

People have caught on to the use of these tired old tactics...and the effectiveness of their old weapons is degrading rapidly.
edit on 27-11-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Everyone that disagrees with you is either a Puritan or overly emotional though, right?

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   

I still get called a Nazi

Liar.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Nazi, Nazi sympathizer.

To-may-to to-mah-to.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Only when they display emotional or puritanical tendencies. Everyone that disagrees with you snitches on Jews?

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Only when they display emotional or puritanical tendencies. Everyone that disagrees with you snitches on Jews?

cdn.meme.am...

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

The thing about constantly reusing old weapons...is that they tend to wear out, break down...and begin to occasionally blow up in the wielder's face.

People have caught on to the use of these tired old tactics...and the effectiveness of their old weapons is degrading rapidly.

In a group of 50 people, you can get away with isolating and marginalizing one or two with a nasty name like racist, et al. Those one or two may not actually be what you label them as, but since there are so few of them, the odds that they know each other well enough to vouch for each other and that enough others know them well enough to vouch for them in a credible way is very, very small. So you can generally turn them into pariahs.

But the more people in that group that you start to label with that nasty name, and the more often you do it, the better and better the chances that you start to run into people with high credibility who can either vouch for themselves and undermine your labeling efforts or who have credible people vouching for them, etc. Eventually, you get to where the numbers you are slandering is so high that everyone knows there can't possibly be so many in that group who fit that label, and the whole effort falls apart.

The Deplorables comment fits that description, especially since many Obama voters had that label hung on them and knew it and knew many others who fell under that description, and it made them curious and opened a lot of eyes I think.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Even when repeatedly stating that I'm a proponent of free speech, I still get called a Nazi and want to censor.

Dunno about the Nazi bit - but you do want to censor

What baffles me is why people don't want free expression.

You argue against it all the time

edit on 11/27/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

While we're on the subject of Nazis and censorship, the Weimar Republic had fairly modern hate-speech laws. Nazis such as Goebbels and Streicher were censored and prosecuted for their anti-Semitic views before the Nazis rose to power, affording them the attention they might not have had in a climate of free and open debate.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Is everyone that disagrees with me vulnerable to propaganda? Seems unlikely.

Now go wipe his tears and tell him next time the mean leftist will use a witch hunt analogy.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Comparing people to Nazis is the going rate for leftists. Don't worry, no one is surprised.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   

While we're on the subject of Nazis and censorship, the Weimar Republic had fairly modern hate-speech laws. Nazis such as Goebbels and Streicher were censored and prosecuted for their anti-Semitic views before the Nazis rose to power, affording them the attention they might not have had in a climate of free and open debate.

Are you saying that that's what's happening now? That being against hate speech is enabling a Nazi-like rise to power?

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

Are you saying that that's what's happening now? That being against hate speech is enabling a Nazi-like rise to power?

I'm saying censorship tends to send certain speech underground where it festers, as opposed to having it defeated in the marketplace of ideas. I am saying censorship of hate speech does not work.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

If you oppose my viewpoint, you're a Nazi.

If you have the potential to oppose my viewpoint, you're a Nazi.

If you actually are a Nazi, well, never mind. I'm too busy equating political disagreement with the real victims of the Nazi's, cheapening their experience and exposing my thinking, and that of others who do the same, for the privileged, out-of-touch, arrogant, poorly educated, first-world complainer that I am.

edit on 27-11-2016 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

To be fair, the same could be said of the right using the communist epithet in the same fashion.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

I'm saying censorship tends to send certain speech underground where it festers, as opposed to having it defeated in the marketplace of ideas. I am saying censorship of hate speech does not work.

Exactly. You're making the case that by fighting against hate speech, people are allowing for this to happen. That modern supremacist groups might flourish because they weren't allowed to speak openly and freely

But, of course they are free to meet, speak - openly and publicly - and will continue to be free to do so for the foreseeable future

Are you saying that they're being persecuted?

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

I don't disagree.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join