It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Service considering renting a floor at Trump Tower to protect future first family

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Most of you guys seem to be skipping over this part of the article from the link in the OP:

Ron Kessler, an expert on the US Secret Service, says it is "standard for the Secret Service to have these kinds of costs." It's a practice that he says goes back at least to Richard Nixon administration.

And he says that in the end it may actually "save the government money" because without renting space agents working to protect the President-elect could be staying in hotels. By renting at Trump Tower they can live in the building during the Trump presidency.

I bet the Secret Service are going to be clamoring for this assignment - staying in luxury apartments.

edit on 11/26/16 by BlueAjah because: eta

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
And from this week:

FAA restricts airspace over Mar-a-Lago this week; Trump likely cause

Dude that's brilliant! Of Trump, I mean.

Aside from the all that money the taxpayers incurred, becoming President Elect created a national security precedent that would require making it a restricted air space. I'll bet you all the people living in that neighborhood don't hate him for it, either.

Such an obvious move on his part...

<< 1   >>

join