It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump, Pepe the Frog, An Egyptian God of Darkness, and Chaos Magick

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Frogs aren't reptiles, they are amphibians.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 04:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyElohim

originally posted by: Byrd
Oh yes... the Egyptians didn't have a concept of a 'devil' though there were spirits that could harm things. The Great Devourer (Apep) was not a devil, but was the End Of All Things.

You're obviously quite knowledgeable on Egyptian lore and I appreciate your sharing of this information. As I touched on earlier, I would encourage you to think of all of this more through the lens of Chaos Magick in which Kek is invoked and less any sort of traditional application or interpretation. I would also put forth, in case it's not obvious, that I'm not overly credulous about any of this but can't help to find it more than a little fascinating.

Kek is invoked when you're in a battleground on WOW and a Horde just rekt you.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

That's true, although the female part of the duality is Keket and has the head a serpent. One of them is the "bringer of the light" and the other is the "bringer of the night." Seriously, though, that bizarre neo-Nazi quasi-spiritual essay that connects Kek to the Black Sun and raises him up as a God with the "alt-right" as his servants is seriously bizarre. It seems this phenomenon has taken on quite the life of its own.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyElohim

Okay, I'm still struggling to get my head around it all. lol

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

You and me both!

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyElohim

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

That's true, although the female part of the duality is Keket and has the head a serpent. One of them is the "bringer of the light" and the other is the "bringer of the night." Seriously, though, that bizarre neo-Nazi quasi-spiritual essay that connects Kek to the Black Sun and raises him up as a God with the "alt-right" as his servants is seriously bizarre. It seems this phenomenon has taken on quite the life of its own.

NPR had an interview with someone who owns many fake news sites (which earn him a staggering $30k/month, so he says) - what he indicated was that the neo-nazi and right wing groups were more likely to accept outrageous things as true news.

Coler says his writers have tried to write fake news for liberals — but they just never take the bait.

Coler's company, Disinfomedia, owns many faux news sites — he won't say how many. But he says his is one of the biggest fake-news businesses out there, which makes him a sort of godfather of the industry.

At any given time, Coler says, he has between 20 and 25 writers. And it was one of them who wrote the story in the "Denver Guardian" that an FBI agent who leaked Clinton emails was killed. Coler says that over 10 days the site got 1.6 million views. He says stories like this work because they fit into existing right-wing conspiracy theories.

So this fits into an existing concept and the ones who promoted it didn't even bother to do basic research (that "statue of Kek", for instance, is a tchotchke for the tourist trade... assuming it's actually a real thing; the art style gives it away as non-Egyptian.) Unless they learn to do a better job of fact-checking, they will always fall victim to any outrageously ridiculous idea that people like Coler (who create fake info for click-bait money) create.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Hear, hear. Though in the present climate, I have to wonder whether the people swept up in some of this stuff are falling victim to it or being empowered by it (or both).

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Shadilay my dudes.

ilmegliodiinternet.it...

Let the memes flow through us all.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 13-9-2018 by Topato because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Topato

Shadilay friend

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join