It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare was chaotic, but a repeal could be much worse

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 04:44 AM
link   
When Obama knowingly forced this down the throats of the people and caused many to pay more and get less...that was a decision of the left. While it likely will be painful again...that is also Obama's fault along with his minions. The right have no choice but to remove this cancer even though it will hurt. It won't be the Republican legacy...but the legacy of Obama's reign that this had to be undone, along with all the other unconstitutional and illegal actions he has forced upon us...not even addressing the bold-face lies directed at the American people.

There was only one potentially worse president than Obama...and luckily...she didn't win. Obama's legacy will be zeroed out in order to remove the harm he has done to the people, supporters and friends of America. He should be ashamed and will go down in history as an enemy of our values and a traitor to our morals.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.
edit on 11/27/2016 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/27/2016 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Obamacare sounded great to begin with. Public option for healthcare and all that. I think universal healthcare is a must have for a developed state.

Personally I blame the healthcare insurance lobby, because what came out of Obamacare was actually a robber-baron style scheme to force the poor to buy products from giant corporations. Which is so far removed from any reasonable concept of "public healthcare".

Obamacare is corporate welfare. Plain and simple.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: imjack

Before government subsidies of healthcare, the industry was on par with normal inflation rates. The reason obamacare became necessary was due to government subsidies, lack of competition, and the excessive inflation. Now that obamacare has increased government subsidies of healthcare, these problems are now compounded.

Of course, any rational person knows this, it takes someone who hates America and wants it destroyed to neglect these facts.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Sometimes you have to amputate the limb to save the body.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
By design, the average person gets less out of insurance than they put into it. The difference goes to the corporation rubbing the scam.

Because very few people actually benefit from this (get beck more then they put in) the majority of people are left paying in at a big loss to cover the gap.

Just like the rest of my taxes, I'm left paying the bill for more then just myself.

If anything, insurance should be avoided, not mandated.
You want to do the cost of health care? Get rid of insurance. People will pay only what they can afford for doctors, and only the doctors willing to operate at a fair price can get paid by those people if we go without insurance.
Supply and demand... Healthcare would become affordable within a few years.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Here we go.. The mainstream media is "FEAR MONGERING" again. This time it's about the Repeal of Obamacare and how, all of a sudden, it's a really good program that should be EXPANDED! Suddenly the GOP leadership is all alone in it's desire to Repeal ObamaScare.

Crazy Speaks: www.msn.com... d=spartanntp

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Obama care got off to a rocky start, but has good results for many people. You do not rip it apart, but mend the things that need attention. The US Health care industry can be blamed for the incredible resistance, and have to be tamed further. That is the only way it is going to work as planned.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
Obama care got off to a rocky start, [snip].

I'll say it, "Obama Care Sucks".

Sure millions have insurance that didn't have it before. Tired of that argument.

They couldn't afford it 'then' they can't afford it now and the taxpayer/insured pays for it. These 'millions are subsidised" Why not focus resources there? (That's a side note). How can these 'millions of newly insured' actually pay thier deductables? $6650? OOP at $7200? ER $650.00? etc. etc. Sure one can pay $5k a year per INDIVIDUAL and get that down...really folks?

So...placing the same government that is in charge of the V.A. is the best choice for healthcare? NO...it sucks.

I used to carry the weight of 75% of a small employee base (healthcare costs individual) prior to this fiasco. I carry none now them and they are stuck with fines and/or outragous costs and 100% of thier own costs. I gave out raises to compensate some, but for every dollar an hour I pay more I am taxed more and so is the employee.

It is a disaster and will not get any better.

mg

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join