It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

If the 3 state prez recount actually reverses the election and Clinton ends up winning

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
*** Plot Point Alert!!! ***

"The people have spoken and the election is over, and as Hillary Clinton herself said on election night, in addition to her conceding by congratulating me, 'We must accept this result and then look to the future,'" Trump said in a statement, which called the recount "ridiculous" in a headline.

Oh look, Trump just opened the door for his dear old friend. And they say chivalry is dead... pffft.

CNN

edit on 26-11-2016 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
If she's somehow able to steal the election, I expect a complete collapse of our country, and I'm not exaggerating.

You are 100% correct. Anarchy will ensue. Even the terrorists will leave the country. We'll do their job of destroying America better than they ever could. The violence and shortages of everything will make the U.S. suffer greatly. Is there any other power who could intercede to help us? Donald Trump says that no other country really gives a crap about the USA. (Well..maybe England)

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Glad am not over there .
S.W.R.H.T.F if criminal killary pulls a fast one and steals it .

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I doubt they could do that, change the election. Isn't there a law there about it? What do i know about it though right eh? Just asking.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Voiceofthemajority
I'm curious to hear how fellow ATS'ers would take this news and how they might expect the country at large to react moving forward under Madame President.

I feel it would be a huge mistake personally. A Trump presidency scares me and others for lots of reasons. But this in the long term could be even worse in my opinion, at least with it happening in this particular way, at this particular time.

Firstly, it would mean the Democrats would learn nothing about why they lost, and would no longer feel any urgency or inclination about adjusting their platform to truly reflect the interests of the working class and poor in America. (At one time, the Democrats were thought of as the party of the poor and working class, but that has been a long, long dead idea, and they paid for it finally this time because their corruption, self-dealing, and corporatism was finally no longer concealable in the eyes of the voters.) They need new leadership, preferably by those who have said all along the establishment DNC was corrupt, and who tried to fight said corruption.

Secondly, it would mean an establishment, corporatist candidate won the election, and instead of either party being taken over from the inside by those who refuse to accept large corporate campaign contributions and want to overturn Citizens United - among other reforms - it would buoy those who benefit shamelessly from the status quo. It would also reward profound, not at all hidden corruption, providing zero impetus to change. Nothing would be transformed in Washington, and we would just be back in the same boat we were in under the last few presidents, at a time when profound reform is desperately needed to right the ship.

Thirdly, we would have a hawkish center-right military industrial complex ally in the white house again, with the political wherewithal and connections to make a lot of potentially very dangerous foreign policy moves (that her record bears out she has no compunction about making.) Her no fly zone idea in Syria for instance would likely increase, not decrease, the probability of confrontation with Russia.

Fourthly, and perhaps most importantly, at a time of nearly unprecedented division along political and ideological lines in the country, to overturn the outcome in this way - to the benefit of someone Trump supporters always believed was going to "rig the election" - would turn a crevice into a massive chasm, and possibly lead to widespread violence. If people think the riots are bad now, I don't even want to see what they would look like after this. Or, at the very least, unrecoverable destruction to national unity.

I am not a Trump supporter, and I share the concerns and fears of those who are watching with more than a little trepidation his cabinet picks, and remember his campaign rhetoric. I think during his presidency great effort must be undertaken to protect civil rights in particular. But handing Clinton the presidency in this particular way, could be so injurious to our polity as a nation and a people, that we never recover from it. Regardless of whether one believes it's the right thing to do or not, regardless of whether anyone feels the suspicions about "rigging" etc. are valid... the perception it would create at a time when confidence in our institutions is already at an all time low, could be disastrous.

For all those reasons, I must disagree with this course of action. Unless there is overwhelming, irrefutable proof (and it can't be statistically inferred, nor can it be something that is questionable... it must be unimpeachable evidence!) that she actually won in these states. And I think the standard of proof is going to be so high in the eyes of anyone but Clinton supporters, as to be virtually impossible to provide.

Peace.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: AceWombat04

Thanks for all the well thought and well written replies so far, I find it particularly interesting that even some Hillary supporters have mentioned that as much as they dislike Trump, even they feel we are better off moving forward without any further complications. Needless to say, I doubt Mrs Clinton shares these opinions and I have a feeling we are going to see her gradually creeping out of the shadows in the coming weeks.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Vladimir Putin in a psychotic rage launches every nuke the Russians have at the USA.

edit on 26-11-2016 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I just thought of something. IF hillary did this the new congress and senate would burn her at the stake.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Voiceofthemajority

originally posted by: namelesss
I'm seeing a 'disconnect' between your 'name' and that statement, when the 'majority' voted for Hillary.
What m I missing, here? *__-

Do you mean majority of illegal aliens? deceased voters? Californians?

How Trumpish; "any vote not for "me" is fixed/corrupt/illegal... not faaaaair!"
Typical whine of every spoiled privileged brat!
Now that he's in, the whole voting system is wonderful! Hahahah!
There is little doubt that Hillary won the fair and legal popular citizen's vote.
But dismissal and denial has it's uses.
Your 'name' is still ironic and inconsistent!

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Let me tell you what the worst America has to offer: dipwads whose only comments relate to "Well, if Trump supporters protest....."

If any of you think "tit for tat" is how politics is supposed to work, please stay out of politics. You have ruined our country. And you are starting to really piss me off.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

This isnt a DEMOCRACY its a REPUBLIC and therefore the numerical superior number isnt the right number. Its why we have the EC
to prevent california from running the show due to population alone.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
*** Plot Point Alert!!! ***

"The people have spoken and the election is over, and as Hillary Clinton herself said on election night, in addition to her conceding by congratulating me, 'We must accept this result and then look to the future,'" Trump said in a statement, which called the recount "ridiculous" in a headline.

Oh look, Trump just opened the door for his dear old friend. And they say chivalry is dead... pffft.

CNN

If i was trump.. i d burn her for doing this crap when i was sworn in.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 03:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
a reply to: namelesss

This isnt a DEMOCRACY its a REPUBLIC and therefore the numerical superior number isnt the right number. Its why we have the EC
to prevent california from running the show due to population alone.

And I thought it was to protect the slave owning states.
Different Perspectives.

And I said, a 'democratic republic'.
I think that's French for... oligarchy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join