It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the procedure in requesting a new board category?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Since thing's seem to be heating up even more in the last couple weeks, and tensions are so high with MSM consistently calling for violence and "civil war", the left being the left and the right angry and armed, and this whole recount business - I think it's time to look into opening a new board for Civil War related happenings. This is just my opinion though, I would love to hear from the rest of you. Categorization is king!

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Tjoran
Does that topic really differ from "political madness"? I see "political madness" as covering the kind of intemperate attitude in American politics which has been leading in that direction.

edit on 26-11-2016 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
Does that topic really differ from "political madness"? I see "political madness" as covering the kind of intemperate attitude in American politics which has been leading in that direction.

Right at this moment, No. They are one and the same. But if everything stays on the path that is going on now I think they will start to differ rapidly. This is more of a "get ahead of the curve" type of thing imo. The future is looking bleak right now and soon enough "Political madness" won't encompass the incoming violence and other war related happenings.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Well...this is an INTERNATIONAL multi-language-political-country forum...50-50%...so it would only apply basically, to the interests of the U.S.

With over 300,000+ members of different languages and their own issues in their own countries... I know it would stimulate discussion, still.... an AMERICAN issue primarily...the "civil war" thing in the states.

PM Springer or S.O. 'Never know...

MS

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Well...this is an INTERNATIONAL multi-language-political-country forum...50-50%...so it would only apply basically, to the interests of the U.S.

With over 300,000+ members of different languages and their own issues in their own countries... I know it would stimulate discussion, still.... an AMERICAN issue primarily...the "civil war" thing in the states.

PM Springer or S.O. 'Never know...

MS

Than Put "US" in front of it, Not unlike US Political Madness, American themed boards already exist so this wouldn't be much different. A whole new category could be added as well but i think that would be overkill.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Since you asked, perhaps Social Issues and Civil Unrest is the proper forum?

This from ToTheTenth pinned at the top of that forum.

Social Issues and Civil Unrest: Discussion of increasing civil unrest, inspired by the citizenry's distrust or anger toward their government throughout the world. This forum is also for the examination of government corruption, mismanagement, or other issues in social programs, the arts, and immigration. Also included in this forum would be all manner of scams.

Just a thought.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird

Since you asked, perhaps Social Issues and Civil Unrest is the proper forum?

This from ToTheTenth pinned at the top of that forum.

Social Issues and Civil Unrest: Discussion of increasing civil unrest, inspired by the citizenry's distrust or anger toward their government throughout the world. This forum is also for the examination of government corruption, mismanagement, or other issues in social programs, the arts, and immigration. Also included in this forum would be all manner of scams.

Just a thought.

I feel like if full blown civil war did break out, than it would destroy the substance of the Social Issues and Civil Unrest forum. Social programs, arts, immigration issues, mismanagement etc threads would be watered down to the bombardment of news. Of course this is just my opinion of it.
edit on 26-11-2016 by Tjoran because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
What I would suggest is this;
If and when civil war becomes real or nearly real, it should be added to the title of "US Political Madness".
Since one would be morphing into the other, it would be rather tricky to determine the exact boundary between them.

edit on 26-11-2016 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
What I would suggest is this;
If and when civil war becomes real or nearly real, it should be added to the title of "US Political Madness".
Since one would be morphing into the other, it would be rather tricky to determine the exact boundary between them.

I would be ok with this as a temporary solution. I think we will be revising this topic eventually though as the boundary continues to grow wider and wider. I'm just a very big fan of organization, and a topic like American Civil War is big enough to earn it's own board (Or will be anyway).

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Thing is, it's not an American issue. I saw quite a few clashes of right-wing AfD with the left-wing antifa in Germany this year.
If you call a few protests and broken windows civil war I'd have to ask what kind of war we see in the Ukraine then.

Language is the stuff our spin-docs try to redefine first, which is what you just did. Willingly or not, I couldn't care less.

YMMV, have at it!

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

If you call a few protests and broken windows civil war I'd have to ask what kind of war we see in the Ukraine then.

I'm not talking about the left protests. Open your eyes and see what's about to happen if thing's stay on this path.
edit on 27-11-2016 by Tjoran because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join