It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Are The 7 Best Supplements To Take ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Well I finally decided on my daily top seven.

1)BioCgel with bioflavonoids
2)Theraacurmin (Turmeric)
3)Ultimate 3 6 9 oil
4)Resveratrol
5)Astaxanthin Plus
6)BetaCareAll
7)Sunflower Lecthin

Going to just take these for a month and see how I feel.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
MAGNESIUM (100% absorbed kind)
Multi-mineral vitamin
fermented cod liver oil (omegas + natural occurring vitamin D)
probiotic
vitamin C (food based kind)

what i would NOT take:
vitamin D3
calcium

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   
When considering which supplements to take you need to be aware of what kills the majority of people. Ranked #1 is heart disease caused by LDL and plaque build up in arteries, and a close #2 is Cancer. So you probably want supplements that address both of these.

It is also important to note that by some estimates 90% of the cells in the human body are bacterial. We rely on them as much as they rely on us.

Short answer...
It depends on your diet. Vegans are typically weak on B12, Omega 3, and meat eaters typically are short on folate(another B vitamin) and fiber. People in general have a weak micro biome, mostly due to diets high in refined sugars. So you want to fix your micro biome as first priority, especially since it makes up most of your body.

Long Answer...

Omega 3

DHA/EPA are the only two Omega 3s proven to be associated with positive health benefits. No plant can produce them both. Animals such as fish and grass fed beef eat food sources containing Omega 3 in their environment. Your only reliable source of these Omega 3s is animal or supplement.

However, your gut bacteria is capable of convert Omega 3 ALA into DHA/EPA at a rate in around 1-10%. On its own it is not sufficient for a healthy diet, but it is still likely a good idea to encourage this activity in your gut. Foods containing ALA are plants/seeds such as Flaxseed. I'm really not looking for a fight with vegans here, it is a great ideology both environmentally/ethically, but these are just the facts. Nutritionally the best source of EPA/DHA is from animals. The good news is the DHA/EPA stay in the body for about 3 days, whereas ALA would need to be replenished every 10 hours. You could technically survive as a fish eating vegetarian if you wanted.

B12

One of the B vitamins associated with reducing LDL cholesterol. They are only produced by bacteria, animals eat foods covered in these nutrients, and so bacteria/animals become the only source. Plants do not absorb or contain B12. According to Vegan Dr Greger it is why vegan life expectancy cannot surpass that of meat eaters. Basically they eat less toxins leading to plaque build up, but not enough of the vitamins that reduce plaque build up. It's a double edged sword. If you eat meat, you probably already have enough B12 in your diet. Unless you are elderly, you may need to talk to your doctor about supplementation. It's been associated with reducing cognitive decline in elderly.

Folate

If you are a meat eater and don't eat enough greens like spinach, kale, broccoli, etc.. you could be deficient in this. The other B vitamin responsible for reducing plaque build up.

Not to be confused with folic acid, which apparently causes cancer. I just read this recently, so I don't know for sure.

Vitamin C

You can get enough of this from dietaty source, but it's impossible to overdose on it. You just urinate out all the excess. A very power anti oxidant, in fact it gets absorbed through the same receptors as glucose. Which is why it is effective in some cancer treatments. Cancer cells feed on glucose and can have as many as 30x more glucose receptors as normals cells. Even without cancer we've heard the old saying, an apple a day keeps the doctor away.

Melatonin

Technically a hormone, and to my knowledge the only anti-oxidant that can both pass the blood brain barrier, and prevent oxidative damage to mitochondria. It also helps you go to sleep.

Your body produces melatonin naturally, somewhere between 4-8mg per night. Your brain produces melatonin in the absence of light. It is believed by some that higher cancer rates are due to small amounts of light such as from TVs or mobile phones that slightly reduces the amount of melatonin produced by the body. It makes logical sense to me.

L-Arginine

It is a precursor to both nitric oxide which relaxes blood vessels and creatine. Typically used more often in weight building, but the bodies ability to absorb this from dietary sources diminishes as you age. It also to some extent influences production of HGH(Human Growth Hormone) while you sleep. Supplementation of l-arginine may be required in larger doses as you age. For me it also cures migraines as an alternative to advil, and it works faster.

Sauerkraut

Technically not a supplement, but store bought stuff contains only vitamins and no healthy bacteria. It can contain as much as 3 trillion healthy gut bacteria if fermented properly, compared to yogurt containing 1-30 million. The store bought sauerkraut is heated to the point where all these bacteria die. If you want a healthy micro biome learn to ferment your own. If you research this online you will learn it is perfectly safe. You could also try a whole foods, they might have active bacteria in some products, but I don't know for sure. It's basically just fermented cabbage.

Other vitamins include... Lecithin (Recommended by Ray Kurzweil for Skin/Liver repair), Vitamin E, COQ10, Vitamin D, and Calcium. These ones are slightly more controversial and in some studies actually increase rate of death.

The bottom line though, eat lots of greens and if you eat meat make sure they are healthy source. Grass fed beef contains Omega3, whereas corn fed is not a significant source. Don't be confused by all the dietary ideologies. Just eat less process and more real food when possible.
edit on 30-1-2017 by centrifugal because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join