It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Mexico reels at nightmare vision of a Trump White House

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   

In addition to branding Mexican immigrants rapists and criminals, candidate Trump made specific threats that would humiliate and bankrupt the US’s southern neighbour.

The top three: seal it off with a 2,000-mile wall and make it pick up the tab; rip up the North American Free Trade Agreement (Nafta); intercept remittances that sustain millions of families. Any one of those events would be a disaster – all three, a catastrophe.

“The export sector is completely dependent on the US market and Trump knows it,” said Ernesto Carmona, of the University of the Incarnate Word, a Texas business university with campuses in Mexico. “If he closes the door to Mexican exports, it will bankrupt the economy.”

LINK

The story above reminds me of the following.

Mexico has a ‘contingency plan’ if Trump wins

I still wonder what the contingency plan is. Perhaps the plan is to have the Pope make a special visit to Mexico to bless the country?

A bankrupt Mexico doesn't sound like a good thing for Americans. This is a tough issue because I believe Trump's strategy concerning Mexico will help the U.S. economy in a lot of ways. The most pertinent question may be whether it could end up hurting the U.S. as much as it helps.

I find Mexico's reaction to all this to be amusing. If we can't break the law in your country and parasitize you, it will hurt us too much...how dare you!

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Its funny with the amount of american companies moving down south i am sure they will be all good when all the smoke clears.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   
They have had more than enough time to make things right.
Every other day the cartels, mass graves, killer illegal immigrants and government corruption are in the news. You would think if they valued our relationship it wouldn't be such a take take and take relationship with them. Some of the main exports sent by them have ruined the lives of thousands of Americans.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

A bankrupt Mexico doesn't sound like a good thing for Americans. This is a tough issue because I believe Trump's strategy concerning Mexico will help the U.S. economy in a lot of ways. The most pertinent question may be whether it could end up hurting the U.S. as much as it helps.

With Trump flipflopping on so many of his campaign issues; do you honestly think Trump will go against his Corporate friends and the way they want to profit in this competitive market place.

I think Trump will infact support moving more American industry and jobs to Mexico. It's business and Trump is a business man remember.

He was brilliant in playing his supporters for fools....politics is ugly.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   

"I still wonder what the contingency plan is."

Hopefully, that plan involves growing a pair and clamping down on the drug cartels and violence that have been ruining Mexico for decades.

They need to focus on that before they can even start to worry about Trump.

edit on R112016-11-26T11:11:40-06:00k1111Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Well,
If Mexico wasn't a corrupt cesspool of violent drug cartels maybe they would be more financially secure.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

A nightmare vision of a Trump WH is almost as bad as the nightmare of having US college kids going to Cancun for the past thirty years for spring fling, puking poolside and spending millions of US dollars on Mexican tourism.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Had no idea he was president already don't they start in January? How can he flipflop without having the opportunity to prove himself

new topics

top topics

join