It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone still play Dark Souls 2

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Just curious how many of you gamers here on ATS play any of the souls games? I just started DS2 on XBOX 360 and its definitely tough, right now I am having problems beating the pursuer. I love these games

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Not played DS2 in a while but it's definitely a tough game.

Been replaying Darksiders 2 it's a good 30+hr game/lots to do and C&C Red alert 3 for a more strategy type game.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

right now I am having problems beating the pursuer.

My son is an avid gamer and his advice is : Use throwing items, learn his patterns and stay out of reach as much as possible. Also, if you don't have throwing items, hit him as much as possible at the end of his combos.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Pursuer is a parry tutorial, once you learn to parry him its a joke.

If not stay close and circle him.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   
The entire Dark Souls Trilogy . Rank with my favorite Witcher Series. Although Dark Souls (any) are a lot tougher than any Witcher . The first one was not called Prepare to Die Edition for nothing
Enjoy . I did

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

Yeah I been trying I don't have the right kind of shield though which kind of sucks it swings way to slow so I been grinding trying to get a buckler, I want to attempt to hit him with the big ass crossbow at the back side of the bridge. I used a soapstone earlier and helped someone else beat him that way but it did nothing for me except got me 4000 souls so I leveled up my dex so I could wield a stronger weapon.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

The pursuer is way to fast for thrown projectiles I have to level up more to be able to be that fast.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   
My gamer tag is TetsuoShima207 on both the psn and xbox live if anyone wants to jump in and lend me a sword =D

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   

To be honest i never learned to parry in ds2
, but circling to the left worked for me.

Spoilers:

If you got scholar version you will fight him about 7 times

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

Im trying bro ill let yall know if I succeed

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   
kinda OT: I do not play dark souls 2, but if there is anyone out there who plans on picking up Final Fantasy XV on Tuesday and wants to play with me, send me a message and I will give you my screen name. Oh, and I am on PS4.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Not a huge gamer but i picker up dark souls 3 after i got knee surgery for something to do. Holy # the game is hard i mean ive put 30 hrs into it and i had to have died atleast 200 times of not more

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Hey , no help.......the whole point of Dark Souls is to die over and over again and come back each time the worse for wear and tear

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I though the point was to go get end game gear at low level and go kill the noobs at Undead Parish/Forest of Fallen Giants/High Wall of Lothric, depending of your game of choose.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
a reply to: Gothmog

I though the point was to go get end game gear at low level and go kill the noobs at Undead Parish/Forest of Fallen Giants/High Wall of Lothric, depending of your game of choose.

No , that would be a goal.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I beat 3 bosses one after another, killed the pursuer with a broad sword n killed both bosses in heides tower went on to kill the boss inside the pirate ship but fell off the bridge before the bonfire

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   
People still are, not me. But truth tell if at one point in time I had a bunch of time on my hands was ever going to play an old game. Out of the more then a few dozens I have yet to beat I would probably replay the souls games again.

The pursuer is easy to beat, he is fast but only in linear motion, you can fire bomb him to hell on the beginning area were you climb up the palisade and he shows up but then leaves after he either kills you or you run away. The cheap way is to buy a bunch of firebombs and just bomb on him.

I killed him in that beginning are on my first play-through when the came came out, just used firebombs when I had the chance at him and strife to the left hit and repeat when his health was down just basically used up all my firebombs as I did not want to engage with him and take a change.

It was only till my second play through which I found out he was a boss. He is actually a bit harder in the boss area on the bridge as its a bit smaller and you can fall off. I never even tried parrying him, but it works from what I seen. Generally once you get his movements down like most bosses just dodge into to his attack, or to the side and hit him from the back. Rinse and repeat and he falls. I think the trick was to not try to dodge around him, but more or less straight into him and you end up behind him, or at least on some of his attacks, just time it and if you roll forward instead of to the left or right you will roll right under his attack and end up on the side or the back.

Basically just dodge forward into him in certain attacks, that or wide backwards to avoid him and his attacks, if you try to circle around him he usually tracks you or his stacks have a wide motion and you get hit.

I killed him in this area basically by wasting all my firebombs and dodging and staying behind him at all times and a bit of luck.

If you get to new game plus, in Drainglake castle you fight two of them at the same time. Its much harder, but by then your usually much better equipped and know how to take him on, so it evens out even in a two on one fight.

A bit dramatic in this vid, but basically this is how you fight the pursuer-s.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I've gotten exceptionally better at this game, it isn't so hard anymore now I am perry better and have new roll techniques I been learning from pvp and new enemies. It sucks I am a low level and constantly invaded by people with all kinds of crazy # makes me think they are hacking their soul memory or something cause I only have a soul memory of 158000 and am level 31 and getting crushed by dudes with one hit kills and my attacks do next to nothing to them unguarded

new topics

top topics

join