It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Mars rover Curiosity takes picture of a collapsed wall on Mars ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Earth isn't a special snowflake (in my opinion) and did not set the rules for developing lifeforms. We know 0.00000000000000001 % if all the things out there to know. Also, if there was ever an andvance lifeform on Mars, it doesnt mean it originated from there.
edit on 26-11-2016 by Justanotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

Evidence of giant space spider robots?

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
friggin evidence of a friggin bean bond.......you non- construction types just bow out.....we have fabricated dimensional units.......we have a mortar bond beam.......the tide turns, huh.....

visual trend is going all interesting......could be an island in Canada.......artic lemmings don't ya know.....

but it's official....I've made the call......those are masonry units till someone gets there......structural....easy to manage structural masonry units. lying in their beam bond with the required mortar weathering faster than the units.....the mortar has to be weaker than the masonry units, yezz

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Justanotherman

Earth isn't a special snowflake (in my opinion) and did not set the rules for developing lifeforms.

Sadly as far as we know we are a special snowflake and the rules for developing lifeforms are set by Earth , we are yet to find another planet that matches this one , that doesn't mean they aren't there but until we find one we are special.

It's possible Mars may have seeded life to Earth as it was more hospitable in the early days but all the evidence shows Mars had a short life cycle.

edit on 26-11-2016 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

The fact is life has been on this planet for over 1 billion years. Animals with brains. It would be unfair to say intelligent life was not here before the humans. It took us what 10k years to get to were we are? Now if there was life millions of years ago that evolved past our intelligence the probability of finding evidence like in mars case are almost impossible. Decayed and gone.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Crumbles

It would be unfair to say intelligent life was not here before the humans.

I haven't said that.
There are many intelligent life forms on this planet but as yet we cannot converse with them , I think there is much intelligent life out there but fewer intellectual intelligent life forms ... although the numbers are still huge so are the distances between them / us as to make communication practically impossible.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Life on earth formed almost immediately after the earth accreted and cooled.

Why is it always met with such consternation to assume the same occurred throughout the solar system?

Mars undoubtedly sustained life brought to it by interstellar incubators(asteroids/comets) just as earth did and continues to...

Here is link assserting the first life appeared in earth 3.7B years ago...
www.washingtonpost.com...

-Chris

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

AT that site, the image on the left, it that steam rising from a small volcano top?!
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Cool Thread! I saw this from secureteam10 the other day, but neat!! Hey, the image on the left, from the site that holds the image of the stones wall, I found something cool. Looks like steam rising from an active, yet small, volcano!? It's here:
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
edit on 26-11-2016 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   

1514MR0077060010204628E01_DXXX.jpg (JPEG Image, 1344 × 1200 pixels) - Scaled (79%):

Who the hell came up with a 28:25 aspect ratio?

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   

It is possible and does kinda look odd but i'd like to see more to the right of that image if possible.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

The main structure might or might not be a rock wall of the kind still constructed in some places (even in the UK) on remote farms, but if it is a natural fomation, it is the kind that seems to show strong effects of weathering -- and would we expect that on Mars? But the strongly linear rocks on the right do not look natural at all.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
on a cell phone it looks like a borg Cube that crashed long ago

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Idk OP. This is so idiotic to me. The terrain morphology, if I can safely call it that, doesn't lend support. This is like saying sand dunes are water just because they have a wave-like pattern on them. It's waste of time!

Here's something worth clicking on:
www.space.com - Did NASA Mars Rover Find a Signature of Past Life?...
edit on 11/26/2016 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
The original NASA image in op has:

A man with a cane.

I don't know what this is but it looks hollow.

I always see cool things on Mars.
edit on 26-11-2016 by DigitalVigilante420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   
or, these could all be fake like all the rest of NASA's material they force feed the public.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
a reply to: TrueBrit

Many mineral formations with geometric in appearance..

Well it do not exclude our cities here on earth as mineral formations, does it..
Why should it on Mars

If that is your entry point to everything new discovered.. Nothing would ever get a second look, because by your standards if nature can produced similar patterns.. its nothing.

Get off your high horse! TrueBit's reply is consistent with natural formations on Earth and everywhere else. Until you can provide evidence that what you find in photos of a far-off planet is artificial then a natural formation is the only logical assumption. Pareidolia? You bet!

Look up the word "humble" and practice its meaning.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: SyxPak
a reply to: watchitburn

AT that site, the image on the left, it that steam rising from a small volcano top?!
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Whoa, that surely does look like a little volcano with steam or smoke.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: muSSang

It popped out to my eyes before the narrator drew the outline, how symmetrical do you want it to be? If it's too symmetrical people will cry hoax anyway

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

We're talking about the 4 grey block's on the extreme right of the pic

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join