It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars rover Curiosity takes picture of a collapsed wall on Mars ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Remnants from a past civilization or just another strange rock that looks like part of a building that collapsed.
Are I am to be diagnosed with pareidolia by the reverse pareidolia crowd, joining in and telling us to ignore everything that is not confirmed by msm.

Ideas ?

Source photo: mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

You realise of course, that there are many mineral formations which are HIGHLY geometric in appearance, and that for that reason, assuming the presence of a wall on Mars, is to place the cart before the horse somewhat?

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Many mineral formations with geometric in appearance..

Well it do not exclude our cities here on earth as mineral formations, does it..
Why should it on Mars

If that is your entry point to everything new discovered.. Nothing would ever get a second look, because by your standards if nature can produced similar patterns.. its nothing.
edit on 26-11-2016 by Spacespider because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Cool,

I'll say it's the best such example I've seen so far. I'd like to see more images from that location.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
Cool,

I'll say it's the best such example I've seen so far. I'd like to see more images from that location.

I am seeing if I can get the coordinates for that place
so we can check it out on Google Mars

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 06:45 AM
link   
You know its fake when the narrator is fake!

I hate lazy you tubers!

And you know its fake when the narrator has to draw lines on the picture to make it look more symmetrical!

edit on 26-11-2016 by muSSang because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Its a rock (shhh...that was once part of a constructed wall structure)

edit on 11/26/16 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Hi Spacespider,

Well, subject matter experts of ATS, what's next?

My guess is it will be written off, as just another rock formation, as so ordered
by the Majestic Twelve and other UFO debunkers.

What ought to happen, rover should be sent back to it to photograph it from all directions, and scan for other parts and pieces.

Thanks, Spacespider, for posting it.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: muSSang

It's not fake.

It's an actual picture from the Mars rover on NASA's website. mars.nasa.gov...#/?slide=1514

That doesn't mean it from a Mars civilization, but it's a real picture and it's pretty cool.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: muSSang
You know its fake when the narrator is fake!

I hate lazy you tubers!

Who cares about the narrator
Turn off your sound if you like.. its the picture that is important
Its a offical NASA picture.. nothing fake about it, link in description.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Nice, but the fact that the surrounding rocks have straight symmetrical fractures in them too rather spoils it.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   

This reads very similarly to a response I got after voicing my opinion on a similar formation.

I am not saying that this is not worth a second look. But what I am saying is that it is worth a second look from a geological standpoint, to a far greater degree at this point, than it is worth a second look from an archeological perspective.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

It's not fake. It's an actual picture from the Mars rover on NASA's website. mars.nasa.gov...#/?slide=1514 That doesn't mean it from a Mars civilization, but it's a real picture and it's pretty cool.

Hmm but the op says:

Remnants from a past civilization or just another strange rock that looks like part of a building that collapsed. Are I am to be diagnosed with pareidolia by the reverse pareidolia crowd, joining in and telling us to ignore everything that is not confirmed by msm.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Maybe that wall was used to solve the immigration problem in Mars
in ancient times.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Adonsa

What ought to happen, rover should be sent back to it to photograph it from all directions, and scan for other parts and pieces.

Or save their money and...
study
the
fissures
on
Earth

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   
What I want to know is why, whenever one of these odd objects is spotted, why it can't be center frame, in focus and the subject of the actual damn picture????

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Well it do not exclude our cities here on earth as mineral formations, does it.. Why should it on Mars

Unfortunately Mars wasn't habitable for long enough to have cities or towns , vegetation and little scurrying creatures maybe but not civilisation.
Curiosity is in what was once a very wet place , I think that is the likely origin for what is seen.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex
Sure it was. Mars could've been habited by an advanced lifeform at one point, just like the Earth is now.

OT: very interesting, i wonder what would aliens say when they see a picture of things like that on Earth after we've been gone for 1000's of years?

edit on 26-11-2016 by Justanotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Justanotherman

Earth has had 4.5 Billion years to get to this point , Mars ecosystem failed early so not enough time to develop advanced life.
I believe life did start there but didn't have time to advance.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Did anyone actually review the sourced pic from NASA at the bottom of OP? The 'wall' in the foreground is geometrically cracked and would appear like bricks, but the mineral veins running all through it kind of dash the fabricated wall theory.

You can see it here and zoom in...

OP pic, NASA

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join