It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Constitution lets the electoral college choose the winner. They should choose Clinton.

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Diisenchanted

hey hey dont lump everyone in california in with those idiots in san fran and the la, san diego area. we dont like them either and would gladly let those areas leave california, many of us have wanted it for years.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

Why, or how, do so many people live under a rock with rose colored glasses, or blindfolded, with ear plugs to avoid the truth about Hillary's corruption, perjury, etc? Even all my immigrant employees are for Trump now, and said finally America has been exposed to the political corruption that the people in Mexico already know about their own country.

Wake up. She's done, and will most likely be charged for numerous crimes the world has witnessed her committing.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
a reply to: derfreebie

Nope, Electors are not just to be a rubber stamp for their state. That's stupid and unnecessary. But I know right wing live for their misinformation. They cannot survive in a world of truth so they invent lies everywhere.

How the..

Why the...

Da fuq man, how do you seriously still not get it after it's been explained to you in detail over and over and over,

Electors are people CHOSEN by the party.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   

No, he didn't. He got elected because more people thought he was a better choice (shudder) then she who will not be named, who was a nightmare waiting to happen.

Not because he was a troll. A troll he may be, I don't know, but that's not why he got elected.

Some herein are taking being a sore loser to new, and previously unknown, heights.

This is a troll!

edit on 11/28/2016 by seagull because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/28/2016 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 02:22 AM
link   
This country is not a Democracy but a REPUBLIC, it's called the United States for a reason.. Most voting came from the 3 biggest states, NY, California, Texas, If we allowed them to win by popular votes it would diminish the say of the other 47 states.. Don't know why you have a hard time to grasp this.. It's so the bigger states don't have too much power and every state is at an equal level regardless of population(United States.. ) this system was set in place hundreds of years ago.. Quit crying about it or go back in time and talk to the founding fathers.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

He absolutely got elected by acting like a Troll. And look how it has energized his troll base. The more of a Troll he became, the more they loved him.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Educate yourself...

The Reason for the Electoral College
www.factcheck.org...

The reason that the Constitution calls for this extra layer, rather than just providing for the direct election of the president, is that most of the nation’s founders were actually rather afraid of democracy. James Madison worried about what he called “factions,” which he defined as groups of citizens who have a common interest in some proposal that would either violate the rights of other citizens or would harm the nation as a whole. Madison’s fear – which Alexis de Tocqueville later dubbed “the tyranny of the majority” – was that a faction could grow to encompass more than 50 percent of the population, at which point it could “sacrifice to its ruling passion or interest both the public good and the rights of other citizens.” Madison has a solution for tyranny of the majority: “A republic, by which I mean a government in which the scheme of representation takes place, opens a different prospect, and promises the cure for which we are seeking.”

As Alexander Hamilton writes in “The Federalist Papers,” the Constitution is designed to ensure “that the office of President will never fall to the lot of any man who is not in an eminent degree endowed with the requisite qualifications.” The point of the Electoral College is to preserve “the sense of the people,” while at the same time ensuring that a president is chosen “by men most capable of analyzing the qualities adapted to the station, and acting under circumstances favorable to deliberation, and to a judicious combination of all the reasons and inducements which were proper to govern their choice.”

The Electoral College was never meant to undermine the people's vote. It was meant to protect the country from Anti-American mob tyranny. That's not what we have here.

In this particular situation, we have a tyranny of the minority... A group that believes in racial profiling, border walls, mass deportation, torture, humanitarian war crimes, jailing of their opponent, and silencing the press.

The good news is the majority actually voted for the normal candidate who represents traditional American principles and values.

So, the only thing needed of the Electors is to vote in favor of the popular vote, which happens to be the candidate who is most qualified and best suited.
edit on 28-11-2016 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 02:57 AM
link   

So you completely undermine your source? Tyranny of the minority? What?!? LOL!!!!

Your half truths to full lies were not good enough to get Democrats the electorate. Try a new tactic. 18 pages or reeking desperation.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 03:02 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I'll keep responding... and yes, Trump represents tyranny as do his followers. And because they lost the Popular Vote, that places them in the minority. So, where Alexis de Tocqueville dubbed "the tyranny of the majority", this in fact would be a tyranny by a minority. Anti-American candidate that ran on a platform that violates the principles and values of the United States, who didn't even win the popular vote, but is named President-elect. It's a double whammy and in my opinion, the EC should step up and do what they were designed to do. Stop a tyrannical takeover of the U.S.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 03:08 AM
link   

So, where Alexis de Tocqueville dubbed "the tyranny of the majority", this in fact would be a tyranny by a minority

What he said is exactly as it is written. Changing it would be your words not his.

Why don't you show me a breakdown by state where HRC won the popular vote.

Your opinion is wrong. DT won the election well within the rules. You are just not happy with it. Sorry.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 03:23 AM
link   

The Electoral College was never meant to undermine the people's vote

and it isn't going to in this election either

It was meant to protect the country from Anti-American mob tyranny.

exactly why hillary won't win, no matter what

In this particular situation, we have a tyranny of the minority.

Yes the minority of the states that voted for clinton, aka California.

So, the only thing needed of the Electors is to vote in favor of the popular vote, which happens to be the candidate who is most qualified and best suited.

And they will, on a state by state basis. Those votes will be submitted to congress, and Trump will be approved.

edit on 28-11-2016 by Vector99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: BloodxRayne
This country is not a Democracy but a REPUBLIC, it's called the United States for a reason.. Most voting came from the 3 biggest states, NY, California, Texas, If we allowed them to win by popular votes it would diminish the say of the other 47 states.. Don't know why you have a hard time to grasp this.. It's so the bigger states don't have too much power and every state is at an equal level regardless of population(United States.. ) this system was set in place hundreds of years ago.. Quit crying about it or go back in time and talk to the founding fathers.

And it's not even as broad as the state level.

Just considering the votes in Los Angeles alone, removing that single city from the count (2,233,089 for Hitlery, 710,701 for Trump) would put the candidates within touching distance of each other.

The people who keep talking about the EC "diminishing the vote" seem to want a single city to be able to decide who is President.

The EC is a reasonable answer to a problem that doesn't have any real solution.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThereforeTheMeh
Please stop promoting Civil War.

Why would there be a Civil War for electing the candidate who won the people's vote?

You make it sound like Republicans are crazy hypocrites. Come on... remember the last couple weeks? They can't stand protests and riots. That stuff is for Liberals. If each state elector exercised their Constitutional right to vote and Hillary was deemed winner, what grounds would there be for Civil War?

""The Peoples Vote" LOL, you sound like a communist. The popular vote is meaningless in the context of the Presidential Election. You want to nullify the flyover state voters because you think the inner cities of the East and West coast of America are smarter?

The electoral collage is the right instrument at the right time in America. The founders were brilliant but the Benedict Arnold's are always trying to change it in favor of Mob Rule.. Isn't that what Hitler had?

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   

So perhaps you finish the game with the same rules you started the game with?
Cause you know the dnc taking a fair nomination process away from its electorate was not enough this election season?

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Geez. Enough with this topic. We all know everything about this already. We don't want California telling us what to do. Please just stop.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
No, the Electoral College should not choose Clinton. As much as I do not want Trump as President, I want Hillary even less. Why? The DNC, Hillary, and mainstream media colluded to deny Bernie Sanders the nomination. Hillary won it only by cheating, and did so even though every poll at the time stated that she could not beat Trump but Bernie would. Choosing Hillary would make the Democratic Party more brazen, that it can lie and cheat The People anytime for any reason and without accountability. I don't think so. Trump won. Case closed.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: tabularosa
No, the Electoral College should not choose Clinton. As much as I do not want Trump as President, I want Hillary even less. Why? The DNC, Hillary, and mainstream media colluded to deny Bernie Sanders the nomination. Hillary won it only by cheating, and did so even though every poll at the time stated that she could not beat Trump but Bernie would. Choosing Hillary would make the Democratic Party more brazen, that it can lie and cheat The People anytime for any reason and without accountability. I don't think so. Trump won. Case closed.

I see... so you think a Fraud and White Nationalist, authoritarian, violent war crime advocate is the better way to go because the other person unfairly benefitted from favoritism by the DNC? You may want to try recalibrating the scale you're using....
edit on 28-11-2016 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

"a Fraud and White Nationalist authoritarian humanitarian war crime advocate"

You got a link that is not a left wing site that supports anything you claim?

Or are you simply projecting your fear and hatred of an imaginary boogeyman to create thread after thread about the boogeyman?

I gave up believing in the boogeyman around 5 years of age... you might want to give it a try.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: tabularosa

I see... so you think a Fraud and White Nationalist, authoritarian, violent war crime advocate is the better way to go because the other person unfairly benefitted from favoritism by the DNC? You may want to try recalibrating the scale you're using....

Are you still whining?

Really?

Get over it. Move on ffs....

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
this one goes out to all the snow flakes and whiners out there.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join