It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Older Man Cursed Me

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   
An older man cursed me, one evening, in a bar I should not have stepped foot in, after many drinks my lips should not have touched. Cursed me as I made plan to set my course to home port without the rest, our destinations were not shared. Cursed me with a love for a woman I should not love. Though, I do not love her, my heart does not beat for her, no tears run for her absence and I am unwilling to say that I would die for her. Though truth be told my chest aches at her thought, her gentle beauty and her tenderness. I hold no tears for her, but regret is mine to shoulder that I should not have tried to kiss her on request beyond the borders of that noisy tavern. I could imagine to toss my life to the hands of the three sisters of fate in order to preserve her life and joy a moment longer. But no, I do not love her.

She has my eye, my attention is on her. To her every word and motion, what is said and in what fashion. To the slightest change in her stare. When I bid farewell, I swear I saw a tinge of mourning in her eye, the mourning of seeing one you did not wish to go do just that. We embraced thrice upon my leave, this is my recollection. Her look to me, she nodded with a sense I believe of sadness, to call to me with any trouble for I would listen and make all good.

An older man that night had cursed me, egged me to go on and ask her for some mode that I may reach her beyond the realm where I had met her. So I did, with error and small laughter, this is my recollection drunken then that night. Cursed me to long for that tender beauty, however seriously.
edit on 26-11-2016 by ksiezyc because: (no reason given)

------------------------
END

P.S. I hope I don't end up regretting having this up.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 01:35 AM
link   
WOW! Most impressive my friend!

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Thank you! A recount of events and my state of mind and soul of it all.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: ksiezyc

You are a romantic soul and any young lady would be thrilled to have someone like you.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Was it a curse? Or a blessing, my friend?

Try not to regret and perhaps she feels the same.

You are close enough to visit, yes?

Good luck to you!

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 02:57 AM
link   
i love this story, ksiezyc !

but Night Star and TNMockingbird, how did you guys know this story in the short story section is a real part out of the writer's life ?

have i missed something, or do you know something more than me? i took the story as very emotionally touching, but would never have tried to guess whether it is true or not.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Hey, sounds like you got drunk in a bar and tried to hit on a pretty girl. If she was the barmaid then she might be used to attention from drunks. If not then she wasn't impressed and didn't give you her number. Such is the way. Don't blame the old dude for your own failings. Having said that...star and flag for a creative narrative about regret.

Regards midicon.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Hey Night Star...off topic but I have to ask...whatever happened to Quantum?

Regards midicon.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 05:12 AM
link   
So you don't really care about this woman? But you adore her beauty? Oh and the end has a different direction of caring. idk
Great read anyways.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

I believe either a curse or neither. I suppose close enough to visit, but it's doubtful to occur again.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: lucia2389

Thank you! Night happens to know who I mean with this story as I have told her, Bird may have just figured. What is it that people say, that art imitates life?

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: midicon

Heh I did get the number though. And I didn't hit on anyone, it isn't something I do.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: standstrongtogether

I don't see how anyone could be completely not care about someone else. As in the story I said I am here for her should she need some help.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Thanks, we shall see.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: ksiezyc
a reply to: lucia2389

Thank you! Night happens to know who I mean with this story as I have told her, Bird may have just figured. What is it that people say, that art imitates life?

I sensed it since right after the gathering.

It was obvious, to me.

It's sweet.

Good Luck!

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Sensed it, what do you mean sensed it, how did you sense it haha. How is this so obvious?!

Haha, geez I am clearly not ready for secret holdig here.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: ksiezyc

Heh I did get the number though. And I didn't hit on anyone, it isn't something I do.

We all have been guilty of doing or saying something silly when a little sloshed. The story read like the scenario I responded to.

I don't hit on anyone either although there is nothing wrong with making a pass at someone I suppose. Faint heart never won fair lady and all that.

Regards midicon.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   

My mind tends to keep working even under the influence of alcohol, though I do talk more a bit.

True nothing wrong with it.

Take care.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Sensed it, what do you mean sensed it, how did you sense it haha. How is this so obvious?!

Haha, geez I am clearly not ready for secret holdig here.

Ha!
I'm just old and perceptive.

There was one photograph, in particular, that struck me. I think it may have been the one that you disliked the most. You looked almost distant and as if you were deep in thought. I focused on it (wondering why you may not have looked as happy as I would've expected) and it occurred to me then, firstly.

Either that or I'm a witch.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   

I think that photo just came out wrong. I like the others though. I still can't see how it was so obvious. There's no reason to think that. Unless mother of the shed said something.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join