It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Googles new 'agreement policy'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: VengefulGhost
a reply to: pompel9

Use a few . Among them are Gigablast , Privatelee , oscobo , Metager ( default language on it is german ) .
Theres several out there available to use .

Thanks I will test them out

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: CraftBuilder

originally posted by: pompel9

For email protonmail.ch does good .
Ixquick does pretty good for search or duckduckgo for search .

Funny, Ixquick is enhanced by google. So they can't be trusted as well.

I think you misunderstand the connection. They use Google (as some privacy enhanced search pages do) because it has the most advanced search engine. But Ixquick acts as a middleman, submitting your search request to Google for you and then passing Google's results back to you so that Google doesn't know that it was you making the search request.

I should add, that your search request is likely intercepted somewhere before it reaches whatever search page that you use. That is why it is recommended that you use Tails for any search/browsing activity.

Wikipedia - Tails

intercepted? google uses ssl, so does bing from microsoft. unless you're using insecure (non-ssl) connection, interception is not possible (unless you believe that NSA has their decryption keys). using any middle-man service on the other hand, guarantees that someone besides you and google knows what you were searching for.

ffs folks, before you'll start spreading FUD, educate yourself so you'll at least know what you're talking about.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: jedi_hamster

originally posted by: CraftBuilder

originally posted by: pompel9

For email protonmail.ch does good .
Ixquick does pretty good for search or duckduckgo for search .

Funny, Ixquick is enhanced by google. So they can't be trusted as well.

I think you misunderstand the connection. They use Google (as some privacy enhanced search pages do) because it has the most advanced search engine. But Ixquick acts as a middleman, submitting your search request to Google for you and then passing Google's results back to you so that Google doesn't know that it was you making the search request.

I should add, that your search request is likely intercepted somewhere before it reaches whatever search page that you use. That is why it is recommended that you use Tails for any search/browsing activity.

Wikipedia - Tails

intercepted? google uses ssl, so does bing from microsoft. unless you're using insecure (non-ssl) connection, interception is not possible (unless you believe that NSA has their decryption keys). using any middle-man service on the other hand, guarantees that someone besides you and google knows what you were searching for.

ffs folks, before you'll start spreading FUD, educate yourself so you'll at least know what you're talking about.

NSA owns the majority of google, so yes they have the decryption keys. This has been known for many years, and has been openly in the public for many years.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu

originally posted by: brokenghost

a reply to: brokenghost

Oi, was it Navigator then Communicator? I can't remember which Netscape version came first!

Screw it, we all should just go back to IRC and meet up on Dalnet.

LOL

Lol I miss that, great plan ahahaha Dalnet i lived on it! holy crap that's a while back now.

We can't do the /slap thing on forums

Anyone remember the trout slap?

I do remember the trout, lol. that was the best part

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Nope . Dont use google . Found far better and more secure alternatives .

What do you suggest then? I don't really like google it's too indiscreet now than it used to be, censored as the other poster said yea its starting to look that way.

duckduckgo.com...
edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoTue, 27 Dec 2016 22:46:46 -060016201612America/Chicago by everyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Use Google to find a better alternative to Google!

I haven't found one yet.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Lemme help you out:

Duck Duck Go

They don't keep records of search history. It's what the TOR browser uses by default, and they have a clearnet version. Look it up, they return pretty good results compared to Google. Better than Bing.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Has anyone noticed recently when they went to use Google it asked them to agree to their term policy to use their browser?

Was this only for CHROME browser users? I use Google as my default search engine, but my default browser is EDGE. I've not seen this Terms-of-Service change yet.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I really wonder if there's a huge freaking supercomputer and server farm under Google HQ where an artificial intelligence known as "The Google" actually resides and tells the company CEO's what to do.

That would make a hilarious South Park (if it hasn't already been done).

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join