It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

248 MPH Without A Gearbox: Direct Drive -- /INSIDE KOENIGSEGG

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: wastedown

"Its about time. I was supposed to be in flying cars by the year 2000."

That's more because of a health and safety issues, insurance purposes, never mind the fact that you require multiple different licences to operate such a vehicle. The technology to build and operate such a conveyance has been around for sometime if still somewhat rough around the edges.

But will it ever take off?

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: wastedown

"Its about time. I was supposed to be in flying cars by the year 2000."

That's more because of a health and safety issues, insurance purposes, never mind the fact that you require multiple different licences to operate such a vehicle. The technology to build and operate such a conveyance has been around for sometime if still somewhat rough around the edges.

But will it ever take off?

The general population can't handle driving around on the ground, there's no way they're going to let us fly.....the carnage would be something to behold.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 02:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: stealthyaroura
I'll stick with my 949 fireblade, she's good for 180 mph.
Just on the 600 at the mo cos the blade would just spin up the rear and spit me off with winter here.
You yanks must laugh at our 1400cc etc cars. Then petrol ain't cheap in the uk.
Them LS1 engines are mighty fine blocks though, solid piece of kit that

We Yanks ( speaking for Southern Yanks here, Northern Yanks are a different breed and to be disliked by all ) do like our V8's, but there are more than a few 4 bangers and 6 bangers around that are due respect. I personally know guys who have 8 and 9 second quarter mile ( 400m ) times with less than 8 cylinders...

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 02:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rikku
well, i wanted to see a koeniseig going twohundredandfourtyeight miles per hour in one gear,
not a guy talking about things i dont understand.

you guy's carry on pretending you know wth this guy is talking about.

^This. lol.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 03:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rikku
well, i wanted to see a koeniseig going twohundredandfourtyeight miles per hour in one gear,
not a guy talking about things i dont understand.

you guy's carry on pretending you know wth this guy is talking about.

its just a specifically designed torque converter.. not exactly "high tech" just a more specific approach to the traditional torque converter but on steroids.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: cynicalheathen

here's a 9 second vw

The bug puts the wheelie bars to very good use on a very adventurous 9.64 pass at over 150 mph. Would you be brave enough to belt into this pocket rocket and pilot it to a sub nine second run?

www.dragzine.com...

in the late 80's early 90's a normaly aspirated karman ghia held the nhra stockbody drag record, solidly in the nines.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join