It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Is Trump the first atheist Prez?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Has there been a more obviously faithless prez?

I'm not saying this as a slight, and I highly doubt that he is the first actual atheist in the job.

But has any presidential candidate been so nonchalant about belief. It doesn't seem like he's even done the market research on what to say to pretend convincingly.

I'm a hellbound heathen so perhaps I've missed something.
Just curious if anyone actually thinks he's a man of any book apart from a cheque book.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

I don't think Obama or Clinton are religious at all.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I heard somewhere he was Presbyterian

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Donald J. Trump is a Professed Presbyterian . One of his Hobbies is Collecting Christian Bibles . You should do a little Research before Supposing Anything about the Man .

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar
Has there been a more obviously faithless prez?

I'm not saying this as a slight, and I highly doubt that he is the first actual atheist in the job.

But has any presidential candidate been so nonchalant about belief. It doesn't seem like he's even done the market research on what to say to pretend convincingly.

I'm a hellbound heathen so perhaps I've missed something.
Just curious if anyone actually thinks he's a man of any book apart from a cheque book.

Jefferson and several earlier presidents were pretty skeptical of supernatural claims in religeon.

Jefferson went so far as to rewrite the bible without super natural events.

edit on 25-11-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
He is extremely knowledgeable of the Bible! His favorite book is Two Corinthians!

It's his actions that matter anyway. It's not like there are written prohibitions in the Bible against cheating on your wife or stealing from investors!

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Saying it's a hobby is a bit of a stretch. Allegedly people send him bibles in the mail and he takes them, stores them and then gives them away to other people.

According to him anyway which is likely to not even be true at all.

Even if true it's hardly a hobby. It's just what he does with a bunch of bibles which get sent to him in the mail.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

I've been listening to him discuss religion before doing the post. I'm only basing this on what he has said.

Are you saying that you're convinced that a man who has stated he's never asked god for forgiveness is a devout Presbyterian?

Sam Harris mentioned the whole "Corinthians 2" instead of "2nd Corinthians" which got me looking further into it. But from what he's said I'm not even slightly convinced. As a non-believer I may be missing things which is why I'm asking.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
No, I still think Obama is a closet atheist with muslim sympathies.

Trump has had a spiritual adviser for at least a decade. She convinced him that 2012 was not the time to try running for President.
edit on 25-11-2016 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   

He's probably an atheist. I lost a lot of respect for Christianity when they fell in line behind that pied piper.

But the first to run and win as atheist will be the first atheist pres

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I think Trump is a Christian. Even if he is an Atheist, I would rather have that than a Satanist.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar

Are you saying that you're convinced that a man who has stated he's never asked god for forgiveness is a devout Presbyterian?

That right there tells you everything you need to know.

The foundation of all Christian Religious Teachings is forgiveness by God/Jesus. You cannot consider yourself a Christian in any sense of the word if you've never asked for forgiveness. Which Trump admits he hasn't ever done and doesn't feel the need to do.

Trump is as much of a Christian as a Tree is a Shark.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu
I've never understood this dumb argument. Where were his "muslim sympathies" when drone striking weddings in Yemen and Pakistan?

Powerful people only worship the almighty dollar.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueMule
But the first to run and win as atheist will be the first atheist pres

Fair enough, I hope you'll pray with me for that day to come.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   

I am not going to even Stoop that Low to your Loaded Question about another persons professed Faith . Judge Not Lest Ye be Judged . Mr. Trump is Free to Believe , or Not Believe when it comes to any Religious Faith in this Country .

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

My minds made up already, and I'm happy to have an atheist in the position.

I'm just curious if anyone of belief actually believes in his belief.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   

I would be totally comfortable with an atheist as president.

What disturbs me isn't that he might be an atheist. It's the fact that he's obviously lying about being a Christian in order to get elected to power when he is absolutely not Christian at all.

I don't care what someone chooses to believe or not believe for that is their choice. But when someone lies about something like their Religious beliefs simply to advance their power or status or position that should disturb everyone.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Absolutely! I'm not questioning his right to believe or not at all.

I'm more interested in the believers thoughts about his belief.
As I said, I'm an unbeliever so my viewpoint is biased, I'm just curious of the thought of those biased to the other side.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I actually think that his lack of effort in convincing people should be commended.

He can't say he's an atheist but he's giving clear signs to us that he is.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   

I disagree completely.

He's not clear about it at all. He claims to be Christian. He claims that he loves the bible while it's clear he's never read any of it at all.

He doesn't claim to be Atheist at all. He's not honest about any of it. It's clear to most people that he's not a believer and certainly not a Christian. He's a liar.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join