It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Jill Stein Makes Recount Filing Deadline in Wisconsin

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Might as well make this its own thread:

It was filed before the 5:00 deadline today in Wisconsin. Here is Wisconsin's Official Twitter announcement:

The Commission has received the Stein and Del La Fuente recount petitions. Details and news release posted soon at elections.wi.gov...

With some 90 minutes before the 5 p.m. local time deadline, officials with the Wisconsin Elections Commission announced on Twitter that they had received Stein’s request.

Link.

I think it's pretty safe to say she will get Michigan and Pennsylvania done next.

The deadline for requesting a recount in Pennsylvania is Monday, while Michigan's is Wednesday.

Prepare for all hell to break loose.

edit on 25-11-2016 by loam because: (no reason given)

+19 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I take back the positive things I said about this woman. Every single one of them.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Crazy nuts on the loose !!!

I can't wait for the disinfo and fake theories coming.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I speculated the other day that even if the deadlines are made, Trump will likely file in court to enjoin the recounts.

I think the chances of heading towards a Constitutional crisis are greater than ever before!

Think upon this possibility for a moment...

These suits will likely go to the Supreme Court. That court sits with eight evenly divided members, given the Scalia seat remains vacant.

If people thought the election season and Trump's win was crazy, I have a feeling we are going to be redefining yet again what crazy really is...

Time to reread Bush v. Gore, I think.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
It mustn't be a public holiday or they made special considerations to get the paperwork in before the deadline.

I wonder how they will actually go about recounting the digital votes :S

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kalixi
It mustn't be a public holiday or they made special considerations to get the paperwork in before the deadline.

I wonder how they will actually go about recounting the digital votes :S

The public holiday in the U.S. is Thanksgiving Day.

The following day isn't a declared holiday although many people have the day off from jobs.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Amazing.

They even got an official tweet when the government employees are on vacation!

Meanwhile it takes months to get a response for any other government request filed by mere plebs.

edit on 25-11-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Yup.

We could be seeing the start of a Constitutional Crisis.

Certain political groups are drooling and determined.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

A quick search shows Wisconsin DMV, state, city and county offices closed today for thanksgiving weekend.

link   
Just because there is a request doesn't mean it will happen though? Otherwise anyone could petition for recount anytime. There have to be some guidelines for who can do it and why.

link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance

A quick search shows Wisconsin DMV, state, city and county offices closed today for thanksgiving weekend.

Wisconsin Democrats have been majorly PO'd since they failed to oust Walker three times.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

I can petition for Jessica Alba to give me full body massages.

Doesn't mean she will.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

We seem hell bent on ripping this nation apart. Perhaps, we are seeing the inevitable.

I'm tired of the relentless #-storm.

If one ever wondered what it was like to live through the collapse of a nation, look no further than home, I'm afraid.

I hope that I am wrong, but fear that I am not.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

They do seem hell bent on setting some nasty precedents this time around don't they?

I can't believe that the idea of one party is that attractive to them that they're willing to go this far.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

All of the previous standards of our social contract with one another have been thrown out of the window. Metaphorically, we are burning the place down.

What was just a couple of years ago thought of as unthinkable, seems commonplace now.

Thinking about SCOTUS, even Ruth Bader Ginsburg crossed a line previously thought inviolable when she openly criticized Trump. Now consider this. If a Trump case goes before the Supreme Court, will she now be asked to recuse herself because of her very public comments against him?

One # pile after another.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Crazy nuts on the loose !!!

I can't wait for the disinfo and fake theories coming.

Me thinks you're worried about the possible Results.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

You don't seem to get it.

Whether Trump wins or loses. No one wins now.

The "nuclear option" has been deployed.

There will be little satisfaction from either side sitting in the ashes.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Why does everyone assume that trump will lose votes in a recount? It's possible he might gain votes.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
a reply to: ugmold

You don't seem to get it.

It's all about the end justifies the means with the triggered regressive snowflakes.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance

well somebody got the news up on the site anyway....

Wisconsin Elections Commission Receives Two Presidential Election Recount Petitions

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join