It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump May Violate Constitution As Soon As He Takes Oath

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: SignalMal
The president and vice president are exempt, this doesn't apply.

Not sure why people keep bringing this up.

Because they hate Trump.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
File this under Hoax.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

Ive seen these arguments brought up but whats funniest of all is our founding fathers set it up for businessman to run. In there day no one was a full time politician everyone had estates or in todays terms businesses. These estates would produce all kinds of things to be sold and the profits would often be invested in other businesses. No one expected these people to sell off there land and businesses to run the country because it was always assumed to be a temporary position. And what would these people do after there term was over? We have created full time politicians who spend decades in office this was never the intention of the founding fathers. And no conflict of interest was ever argued by them. They saw the simple truth as President it is in your best interest to manage the government wisely knowing it effects you and the people. We created a politician class where its no longer in there best interest to govern wisely. Now they can use there position to make millions so there self intrests is no longer in line with the people.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Yeah, people always seem to forget what the FFs intended, and it sure as hell wasn't a class of professional politicians.

Also, it wasn't voters who created pro pols. It was the pols themselves through bills they rammed through Congress.
edit on 11/25/2016 by Restricted because: CLARIFICATION.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
All he needs to do is change his businesseses into "Charities" and then he can accept as much money from foreign govs or organisations he likes.
I assume it is just a matter of semantics, I just found out yesterday my country Australia was the biggest financial contributor to the Clinton fund out of any Nation.
If donations to the Clinton fund havent been considered unconstitutional and an "emolument" (never heard that word before) then I doubt Trumps business interests will

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
All he needs to do is change his businesseses into "Charities" and then he can accept as much money from foreign govs or organisations he likes.
I assume it is just a matter of semantics, I just found out yesterday my country Australia was the biggest financial contributor to the Clinton fund out of any Nation.
If donations to the Clinton fund havent been considered unconstitutional and an "emolument" (never heard that word before) then I doubt Trumps business interests will

No, you don't understand. There are Americans, and there are Clintons. Clintons can do whatever they want here because they never intend to break the law. James Comey said so publically.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: brutus61

If his customers include any foreign dignitaries, leaders or royals, which they most certainly do, then yes, his being CEO of his company and earning money from it, no matter who runs the thing, will be a problem.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234
Trump May Violate Constitution As Soon As He Takes Oath

Perhaps he'll read it (or listen to the audio tapes) before then...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join