It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Delete yourself from the internet by pressing this button

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Looks like it works with google, not much info in this article. Just a few clicks of the mouse and you are free.

The internet can be a beautiful and horrible place at the same time, and it isn’t weird to sometimes feel like you want to leave — there’s wasn’t an easy way out, until now.

Swedish developers Wille Dahlbo and Linus Unnebäck created Deseat.me, which offers a way to wipe your entire existence off the internet in a few clicks.

When logging into the website with a Google account it scans for apps and services you’ve created an account for, and creates a list of them with easy delete links.
thenextweb.com...

It sounds will simple, wonder how deep it goes into unsubscribing your presence?

Every account it finds gets paired with an easy delete link pointing to the unsubscribe page for that service. Within in a few clicks you’re freed from it, and depending on how long you need to work through the entire list, you can be account-less within the hour.

Another story has some additional info. It sounds a little more complex in this story. I'd love to explain it, but it is a little over my head.

You can then work your way through the delete queue, and you'll find that you have helpfully ben provided with a direct link to the associated site or service's account deactivation page. If the "delete" option is greyed out, that means that Deseat.me hasn't gotten the right link yet, forcing users to head to a service's respective website themselves in search of freedom. Grant permission to the site to access your account, which can be revoked at any time from within Google settings TheVillagesSuntimes thevillagessuntimes.com...

thevillagessuntimes.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
If you only knew what the Scandinavian master race is googling, i can hint it with a couple of letters xxx

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

Nice

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Phew I hesitated opening this thread in case it was the opening of this thread which deleted me off the net. Good to know though when I decide to disappear.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
i would not trust this because it requires you to sign in to your google account and give access to read your emails

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom
Phew I hesitated opening this thread in case it was the opening of this thread which deleted me off the net. Good to know though when I decide to disappear.

Ha! I thought the same.

When the day comes, soon I hope, I will let you all know if it worked.

Oh darn...

That's not going to work, is it?

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Carrier pigeon it's the future!

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
i would have redacted the names of our swedish friends, you know how assange caught a rape charge in sweden don't you?

so we'll hit that ball out of the park when or if it's pitched to us?

right?
edit on (11/25/1616 by loveguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I don't get it.

Sounds like it just logs you off your accounts? It doesn't actually delete anything you wrote in an old blog or in some news comment section?

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

I wish I under stood what exactly the process was. I looks like it helps to get you out of password required sites.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

If I do this how am I going to play Candy Crush without the internet?

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth
Life is full of trade offs.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I just did it, then i reset my laptop, turned it back on, and guess what.

I'm still here, so is all my other crap.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: mamabeth
Life is full of trade offs.

Not when we're talking about Candy Crush and Farm Heroes.A trade off was when
I quit facebook and couldn't play Pudding Pop anymore.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

its removing tracking cookies that are placed while you re logged in to sites, etc. So it basically is logging you off any site that you have a cookie stored for.

Or thats what im perceiving

ETA: videos have their own tracking mechanisms. So watching mp4 and flv movies on the internet can also leave behind trackers.
edit on 11/25/2016 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: scubagravy

I knew it. It just logs you off, but it doesn't actually delete anything.

And now someone's got your google account address.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Well, it's what makes the most sense.

Deleting content would require altering the site's html file on the drive itself, which would basically equate to hacking (which is illegal).

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

oh no, someone has my google address ? lol, judging by the random emails i get i would suggest that many speds have had my addy for sometime, im grateful to be a simple man, no facebook, no online banking, no personal shtuffs on my intel idiot box sandwich.

I didn't even have to log back into ATS mind you.

If they really want to get to you, no firewall will burn them.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

Those women are hot

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
If You die in Your dream do You also die here? After You get deleted can You read what Your former friends thought of Your 'passing'?

Is teleportation involved?

I'll take My answer on the air....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join