It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walmart shoppers fight over towels, toys at Black Friday sale

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   
All kinds of Black Friday madness happening in the U.S. today as maniacal shoppers go nuts over sales and limited merchandise.

Reports of some shootings as well.

This article has some videos of the insanity.

Please post your own experiences and other stories as this continues to unfold.

Some stores are starting Black Friday sales early, and that means that pandemonium is starting earlier, too.

Video from a Walmart in Bainbridge, Georgia shows shoppers fighting to grab every last towel from the display

Multiple women stacked up as many towels as they could before they were gone.

Meanwhile, Houston Walmart shoppers tussled over a $99 12-Volt kiddie convertible.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Black Friday violence: Shootings at Nevada Walmart, New Jersey Macy’s, Tennessee mall kill 2, injure 2

At least four people were shot across the country during Black Friday sales, including a Walmart customer who died in a fight over a parking space.

Three separate shootings — at a New Jersey Macy’s, a Tennessee mall and a Nevada Walmart — killed two people and wounded two more. All the attacks happened outside of the stores as holiday shoppers inside loaded up on door busters and deals.

Demond Cottman, 20, was shot and killed around 1 a.m. in front of a mall in Mays Landing, CBS Philadelphia reported.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Never get between a woman and her fluffy towels.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
worth checking out:

blackfridaydeathcount.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Fighting over imagined 'bargains'. So sad is the world we live in.

My children went shopping last night and said that things were fairly tame.

I wonder, though, how much 'normal' chaos is attributed to black Friday even if it is not.

This example...
wreg.com...

I haven't read through all of the stories in the Lordcomac's link but, this one popped out at me because well, it was the first one and it IS Memphis so, I would expect shootings in parking lots anyway.

Gosh, that's sad too isn't it?

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
oh i do hope there are some good shopping chaos videos this year. I dont want anyone to die but i simply cannot resist watching perfectly civilized people descend into animalism over chinese plastic on sale for 1 dollar cheaper than it normally sells.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I panicked today for real..
I accidentally ordered 3 televisions because of a overloaded website

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I'm surprised I haven't seen any fights-to-death over those hatchables toys.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Its shameful to see the human species brought down to these depths.

Rabid consumerism and materialism has ruined whatever integrity people had left.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
All kinds of Black Friday madness happening in the U.S. today as maniacal shoppers go nuts over sales and limited merchandise.

Reports of some shootings as well.

This article has some videos of the insanity.

Please post your own experiences and other stories as this continues to unfold.

Some stores are starting Black Friday sales early, and that means that pandemonium is starting earlier, too.

Video from a Walmart in Bainbridge, Georgia shows shoppers fighting to grab every last towel from the display

Multiple women stacked up as many towels as they could before they were gone.

Meanwhile, Houston Walmart shoppers tussled over a $99 12-Volt kiddie convertible.

Well I know if I were a terrorist, THIS would be the day to wreak havoc. Just set up outside of any mall or Walmart and give away pre-loaded pressure cookers....boxed and wrapped. Call each one that night and voila...instant mayhem.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I`m sure jesus would be so proud, this is what happens when you take Christ out of Christmas.
sad pathetic people think that all that cheap Chinese made crap at Wal-Mart is going to bring them happiness.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
I panicked today for real..
I accidentally ordered 3 televisions because of a overloaded website

You can send me one if you end up with too many

Today at a new Costco there were irate drivers trying to get the best parking spots, but inside it was tame.

Haven't had a television since they switched to the flat screen digital models years ago.
edit on 25-11-2016 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I don't think of it as Black Friday, I think of it as Black Plague, which I would probably rather have than to go Walmart.
Ever.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

You can't beat a high quality Egyptian cotton towel, dude.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I used to assume only idiots would get into a fight over a Black Friday sale item.

Then, like an idiot, I made the mistake of waiting outside a Best Buy in arctic temperatures without a portable heater, from six in the evening until 4pm the next morning. By the time I got through the front door, I was so tired, wired and cold that i just wanted to go home and curl up in bed with my comforter. But Best Buy, knowing this was their chance to make or break their fiscal year, made us jump through a thousand hoops instead of just giving us the merchandise.

I did NOT get into a fight. But I did tell a BB employee to go F himself.

And I'm now completely amazed that fights don't happen at every single one of these events.

P.S.

I now refuse to participate in Black Friday Doorbuster sales.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

I love mine!!

My bedsheets are Egyptian cotton, too. Lovely.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 01:54 AM
link   
The day the corporations realised they could bring this madness over to the UK was a dark day. A dark day indeed.

I try to avoid going out at all on "black Friday".

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I do wonder...is "Egyptian cotton" really from Egypt, or is it a kind of cotton plant?

Hm...I must find out or it's going to drive me nuts!

Okay, apparently it is!

Egyptian cotton comes from the species Gossypium Barbadense, which is the same plant that Pima cotton comes from. However, the climate in Egypt, where Egyptian cotton is grown, produces a longer staple (fibers) than any other cotton. These long fibers are spun into extra-fine threads, which are then woven into a high-quality fabric.

Overstock.com info on 'Egytian cotton'

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 03:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu
a reply to: seagull

I do wonder...is "Egyptian cotton" really from Egypt, or is it a kind of cotton plant?

Hm...I must find out or it's going to drive me nuts!

Okay, apparently it is!

Egyptian cotton comes from the species Gossypium Barbadense, which is the same plant that Pima cotton comes from. However, the climate in Egypt, where Egyptian cotton is grown, produces a longer staple (fibers) than any other cotton. These long fibers are spun into extra-fine threads, which are then woven into a high-quality fabric.

Overstock.com info on 'Egytian cotton'

Right, who do i need to punch and choke unconcious to get my hands on these highly woven extra fine threads of wonder..

new topics

top topics

join