It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch These Spiderbots Train to Build a City on the Moon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Building city on the moon using these bot spiders,

They are robots from Siemens built like spiders, with a hive mind and 3D printers, so when they land on the moon they can, you know, build a city there, splitting up the jobs by talking to each other. (Fire your contractor, get that kitchen teardown done.) Or deploy across a nuclear blizzard and report back on the gamma rays.

The company wanted its Siemens Spiders – SiSpis for short – to be able to crawl over structures as they build them. “Does it need to have legs? Does it need to have arms?” Technology Engineer Sinan Bank recalls asking himself. What should it look like?

video:
bloom.bg...
The scientists got feedback like these are "killer spiders". They think the spiders are softer. I don't see it, they look like killer spiders to me.

“I got feedback like: Oh. Killer spiders,” Bank recalls. “Then I start to think, how can I make it a little bit softer, a little bit gentle, make it a little bit funny, maybe? Then I added components like eyeglasses and put the laser scanner like a hat.”

So don’t worry. They’re cute. They have little hats.

“These robots are not here to replace the humans,” Dalloro stipulates. “The ultimate goal is always the same: to make our life better.”
www.bloomberg.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Interesting that we have to send robot spiders to a place that only takes a couple of days to reach and that we've been to 47 years ago with prehistoric technology.
edit on 25-11-2016 by BlueShaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueShaman

Maybe he was talking about reach like a contractor digging footings, pouring cement, studding in and all the stuff it takes to build a house/building.

Of course I am taking some liberties with this, but right now we can't reach the moon. If we started today I wonder how long it would take to get people up there again?
edit on 25-11-2016 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Maybe he was talking about reach like a contractor digging footings, pouring cement, studding in and all the stuff it takes to build a house/building.

Of course I am taking some liberties with this, but right now we can't reach the moon. If we started today I wonder how long it would take to get people up there again?

Yes, I think he was talking about the height of the structures and not the location, so I edited that part off my post.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

If these spiders can build a base that doesn't suck, well I'd be all for it. But I don't think we even could do that in a reasonable time frame right now.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Cute..

Spacespiders

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

Your INVOLVED aren't you?

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Yeah... I'll hafta go with still look like creepy, killer robot spiders hell bent on world domination.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
With the title, I didn't expect them to resemble something from an elementary school robotics club. They seem very slow and fragile. That was kind of a let down.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 03:32 AM
link   
5x-10x bigger he says!

Giant space spiderbots building infrastructure on the moon communicating using hive like tech. That's a great mental image.

Sounds like an old misfits song. I wonder what their really building? Lol

new topics

top topics

join