It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The story wrote itself

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I can sometimes sit by myself contemplating the very nature of humanity, its never an easy question. We live in a fantasy created by hopes and dreams, but most to it, stories that provides the very essence of the simple things humanity is built upon..

In here i find stories, stories that defines us as humans. For me, I dont dream anymore, i cant even tell a story, the problem is or was, i cant lie anymore as i did and all i can hear is; well;" Lying is what makes us human, isnt it? " I disagree and all to often say;" Lying deceives us thinking we are human ".
You can convince yourself to any lie, but breaking out of the story line and having a problem lying, means nothing more than being excluded from society.

You find yourself watching a movie in the real world, almost like the "Truman Show". Hoping the Star of the show has a following with the right set of morals to guide his flock.

I just recently found a story on ATS, it didnt really strike out as any different, and a day later, it was on the front page. I scratched my head, thinking;" Did i miss something? ". So i started reading her introduction thoroughly, what words was used to trigger? And the word was, Free..

The comments started pouring in, the subjective view on the starting narrative changed from Free to Freedom, from love to hate and from rebirth to a rebellion.. What i saw was that people didnt read her introduction, instead they saw a few words that triggered them to absolute madness.. They created a story with their own experience and with her words, yet she didnt write those words, they did.

The story continued to write itself after the opening scene was written..

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

I know right? I know what thread you're referring to, and I've noticed the same thing.

Glad to see I wasn't the only one who noticed it.

Words have lost their meaning because of the seas of conditioning.

I know it sounds stupid, but perhaps the true power lies in language, as amplified by the media. Perhaps it is true - whomever controls language can bend entire civilisations, better than any physical weapon could.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

And that was the point of the recent SF movie 'Arrival'. That language itself is not only an engine of consciousness but a barrier at the same time. As far as bending entire civilizations, this may be true. I think it as been shown that we all think symbolically and what are words if not verbal representations of those symbols. Put them together in such and such a fashion and those symbols in our minds can be ignited, gathered into clusters and lead down any merry old path a speaker wishes.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I thought the moral of the story was;" Love and tolerance? "
edit on 20161125 by tikbalang because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 03:04 AM
link   
there's a lot of good stories out there

new topics

top topics

join