It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Do You Use Tooth Paste? Any Other Products Not Needed?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I think I use tooth paste about 3 times a week. I usually just use water and a tooth brush. I look at my teeth before I brush, and after. It seems to look the same, in reference to the amount of plaque that build up during the day.

Give it a try. I do use tooth paste/baking soda when I feel like my teeth need it. It is just a feeling in my mouth.

Now I have no cavities and no fillings and am in my mid 40's. I have not been to the dentist in 8 years. The last time went the person who does the cleaning, not the dentist, said she didn't need to clean/scrape them, the dentist said the same.. Still charged 140 $ though. I really have no plans on going back to the dentist, but sooner of later I imagine I will have to. I floss using those little plastic framed floss holders 1 to 2 times a day.

A short info story of a women who doesn't use tooth paste and her reasoning. I agree with some of her thoughts, but not all.

Interesting fact: we are not born with this bacteria. It is given to us through someone else’s spit, usually before our second birthday. Usually by our mother. Not on purpose but through loving actions such as sharing utensils or food or spit cleaning a pacifier. (I can’t remember where I read that but I believe it was in one of Dr. Sear’s books)

So, back to the dentists. I have a theory:

Toothpaste is supposed to help prevent cavities.
Dentists promote certain brands of toothpaste.
Dentists make more money when people have cavities than when their teeth are healthy.
It would make no logical sense for a dentist to promote something that would put him/her out of business.
Therefore those toothpastes probably don’t do what the advertisements and packaging claims. In fact, they may be part of the problem.

aimedattheheart.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I tried to "un-use" the products, but i felt dirty and smelly.. after six weeks i said;" Nope, back to the old things "

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

If your talking about deodorant, yes it makes life bearable. I make coconut oil and baking soda deodorant with a little organic scent in it. Works like a charm, and is cheap and you can eat it, but don't.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

I tried organic toothpaste, but, the mint flavor. And then mouthwash,,,, I tried and failed, i want my mouth to smell mint, freesh..

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

I have found that if I keep my teeth brushed, and flossed, and I can't stress flossing enough, my breath is neutral.
And don't forget to scrub that tongue.

Of course onions/garlic is a problem and require real products.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   

floss for the love o god
edit whew I got worried
edit on 25-11-2016 by Lysergic because: funkndonutz

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

No worries, 1 to 2 times daily.

I have worked in plants that make toothpaste, and the main ingredient is ground clay maybe water. Big bags of the stuff, that is what does the cleaning.
It also is horrible on the sides of the 10,000 gal stainless tanks. The big huge plastic stir arms that make contact with the tank wear right into them.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   

There was a great BBC show called "grow your own drugs" hosted by James Wong.

In one of the many diy things he showed you how to make, one of them is a mouth spray.

Very good show, worth checking out.

In regards to toothpaste, while I agree with the general consensus that is good for teeth, I don't think it's needed. The part of where I think it's good for your teeth is in helping remove plaque. But it does this by being a fine grain abrasive.
This is where it's bad for you... Like all fine grain abrasives, with enough brushing or polishing, you slowly remove layers of enamel.
This is what likely causes faster tooth decay and the needing of fillings.
edit on 25/11/2016 by Sovaka because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Sovaka

I find that my teeth get equally as clean either with or without paste.

I find the big thing is flossing. And tongue cleaning.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   

I was thinking about this earlier myself. I have always had very light yellow (not white but not yellow) coloured teeth and no matter how much I brush them, the colour remains the same. I've reduced brushing them to just once at night, after the build up of plaque throughout the day, plus a capful of mouthwash.

I don't use floss daily as floss causes your gums to bleed, so I wouldn't promote that.

I smoked for about 15 years.. wasn't a heavy smoker, just when I felt like it. I didn't have any fillings until i hit 27/28, same time I had my first wisdom tooth taken out (and the Dentist didn't give me a chance to say I wanted it. It's true, he took my wisdom tooth and I still think about that day because I wanted that wisdom tooth to keep.

top topics

join