It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS made the list. We are somebody now

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: Indigo5

State sponsored propaganda takes on many forms.

It does. Even worse than state sponsored propaganda these days though is corporate sponsored propaganda.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Residents across Turkey shared photos and videos on social media of an alleged UFO hovering over the country, using the hashtag #ufoattacktoturkey.

Some social media users were apparently even convinced an alien invasion was imminent.

RT.com - UFO 'sightings' across Turkey spark #UFOAttack frenzy (VIDEO, PHOTOS)

What follows are a bunch of tweets claiming "alien invasion!" and what not. Then there is a quote from DoubfulNews about the photos and videos being from Italy and being hoaxes.

Anyone here on ATS would have said, "Hoax! It is SecureTeam footage" and ignored it. Google "turkey ufo attack" and you will see no less than 5 different outlets reporting this "alien attack."

D@mn straight ATS does not belong on the list!

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   
That's Good.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   

They are right to remain anonymous...If you do not think there are dangerous forces behind the flood of propaganda right now, you are not paying attention.

Gary Webb was an investigative journalist I could rely on, just like many others in the field. An anonymous opinion piece with no valuable information whatsoever is something entirely different and it's final destination the trash can.

That's what I'd call media literacy, there's no need to legitimize propaganda in the first place. But thanks for trying.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

They are right to remain anonymous...If you do not think there are dangerous forces behind the flood of propaganda right now, you are not paying attention.
But thanks for trying.

"thanks for trying" what?

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

With so many people understandably upset about Trump’s victory, there’s an evident attraction to blaming the Kremlin, a convenient scapegoat for Hillary Clinton’s loss. But the Post’s blacklisting story and the media’s amplification of it — and the overall political environment that it helps to create — are all building blocks for a reactionary order, threatening the First Amendment and a range of civil liberties.

When liberals have green lighted a witch-hunt, right wingers have been pleased to run with it. President Harry Truman issued an executive order in March 1947 to establish “loyalty” investigations in every agency of the federal government. Joe McCarthy and the era named after him were soon to follow.

In media and government, the journalists and officials who enable blacklisting are cravenly siding with conformity instead of democracy.

Media Complicity Is Key to Blacklisting Websites

It's probably better for the smear campaign actors to remain anonymous if comformity is what we care about. Point taken. But then again - is that what we should care about?

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

A lot to unpack there...

With so many people understandably upset about Trump’s victory

Sure..over half the voters.

there’s an evident attraction to blaming the Kremlin, a convenient scapegoat for Hillary Clinton’s loss.

The Kremlin interfered and conducted a cyber campaign during the election..it was unrelenting and unprecedented..That is not really debatable IMO..Even the same cyber-firm that owned the Trump Campaign's cyber security examined the same evidence and concluded it was the Kremlin that leaked the DNC emails. And yes...most (not all) of the fake news stories were driven by the Kremlin..tonnage of evidence for that. They were also targeted at Trump Supporters.

a convenient scapegoat for Hillary Clinton’s loss.

Meh..I think she lost...Lot's of factors there and plenty to be laid directly at her feet. Fake news was not the singular reason she lost and it's possible she would have lost anyways.

But the Post’s blacklisting story and the media’s amplification of it — and the overall political environment that it helps to create — are all building blocks for a reactionary order, threatening the First Amendment and a range of civil liberties.

Utter BS...The Post has a right to make lists...others have a right to disagree. THAT is freedom of the press. It is NOT government blacklisting..

Trump has taken the right-wings steady campaign of "don't trust the MSM" amped it up 300X and supplanted it with lies and Fake News. He is also hostile to Freedom of Speech and Freedom of the Press..It's not new, Goebbels did the same thing..the strategy is called "remove the referee"..albeit MSM aint what it used to be, they still are the referee. What Trump/Right Wing has done is cite when the referee makes a bad call and then execute the referee so their are no rules..Then play dirty..Lie and BS...with his followers having no legitimate source to refute the propaganda...Post-Truth era...

There is a significant threat to the first amendment, but right-wingers need to look over their shoulder to spot that threat.

When liberals have green lighted a witch-hunt, right wingers have been pleased to run with it. President Harry Truman issued an executive order in March 1947 to establish “loyalty” investigations in every agency of the federal government. Joe McCarthy and the era named after him were soon to follow.

Conflating government with Freedom of the Press...Media is able and should be encouraged to call BS on fake news..it is their JOB.

In media and government, the journalists and officials who enable blacklisting are cravenly siding with conformity instead of democracy.

A bizarre equation of journalists attempting to exercise journalistic integrity with "conformity".

Shall Snopes be shut-down? Fact-Check.org? Poltifact?...Shall the savior Trump protect the "diversity" of news by shutting down sites dedicated to calling BS?...will that protect you from conformity?

You have it backwards and in a dangerous way.

edit on 6-12-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Hi Indigo5, I can only read and write in Southern Dog American English, so please don't go straight to attack mode if I can't express myself very eloquently. I mean no harm.

Can you provide any sources that show that the Ruskies conducted any operation to influence our election, or that they were responsible for the e-mail leaks, or any fake news? By fake news I'm using the more recent manifestation of the term, and not Britney has monkey twins, or a HuffPo article.

Additionally, and this is just the opinion of an old man who has seen plenty of trends in politics come and go and I recognize the criminals for what they are, Joe McCarthy was a good man. Perhaps he went too far sometimes but we sure could have used someone like him over the last few decades. Thanks, Ezra

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ezramullins

Can you provide any sources that show that the Ruskies conducted any operation to influence our election, or that they were responsible for the e-mail leaks, or any fake news? By fake news I'm using the more recent manifestation of the term, and not Britney has monkey twins, or a HuffPo article.

It fits their pattern:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Note that the above thread was authored almost exactly one year ago. Also note that most of the sources are actually Russian, or from the home pages of the actual groups mentioned.
edit on 6-12-2016 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Well. Agreed to disagree then.

It is NOT government blacklisting

Care to substantiate your point?
My working hypothesis is that the Russian gubbermint runs the list. At least as long as any evidence regarding it's real owners surfaces, what gives?

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

My working hypothesis is that the Russian gubbermint runs the list. At least as long as any evidence regarding it's real owners surfaces, what gives?

What list? The one mentioned in the OP was compiled by the Washington Post. It is opinion, not law.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ezramullins

Here is specifically the method and trail to GRU/Russia (aka Fancy Bear, APT28, Sofacy)

Specifically
Fancy Bear APT 28 is GRU (the foreign military intelligence main agency of the General Staff of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation)
And Cozy Bear APT 29 is FSB (Russian Security Service ...New KGB)

They work in conjunction and even compete for props.

THE TRAIL THAT LEADS TO FANCY BEAR

The phishing email that Podesta received on March 19 contained a URL, created with the popular Bitly shortening service, pointing to a longer URL that, to an untrained eye, looked like a Google link.

Inside that long URL, there’s a 30-character string that looks like gibberish but is actually the encoded Gmail address of John Podesta. According to Bitly’s own statistics, that link, which has never been published, was clicked two times in March.

That’s the link that opened Podesta’s account to the hackers

That link is only one of almost 9,000 links Fancy Bear used to target almost 4,000 individuals from October 2015 to May 2016. Each one of these URLs contained the email and name of the actual target. The hackers created them with with two Bitly accounts in their control, but forgot to set those accounts to private,

SecureWorks was tracking known Fancy Bear command and control domains. One of these lead to a Bitly shortlink, which led to the Bitly account, which led to the thousands of Bitly URLs that were later connected to a variety of attacks, including on the Clinton campaign. With this privileged point of view, for example, the researchers saw Fancy Bear using 213 short links targeting 108 email addresses on the hillaryclinton.com domain,

It has been confirmed that Podesta responded to the Phishing Bitly link posing as a Gmail page.

The Russian Gov Hackers aka "Fancy Bear" as known in the cyber world...forgot to close the door on their way out..left the link public..

It was one of Fancy Bear’s “gravest mistakes,” as Thomas Rid, a professor at King's College who has closely studied the case,

motherboard.vice.com...

It is buttoned down...not mysterious...it is all there in ones and zeros to be independently verified for anyone who cares about truth

They have also thoroughly tracked the Colin Powell hack and others to Fancy Bear/GRU/Russian FSB Cyber

Private Security Group Says Russia Was Behind John Podesta’s Email Hack
www.nytimes.com...

Yes, 17 intelligence agencies really did say Russia was behind hacking...including the following amongst others.

Office of the Director of National Intelligence
Air Force Intelligence
Army Intelligence
Central Intelligence Agency
Defense Intelligence Agency
Department of Homeland Security
Federal Bureau of Investigation
Marine Corps Intelligence
National Reconnaissance Office
National Security Agency
Navy Intelligence

www.usatoday.com...

Even before that solid trace was established...some of the material was not "cleaned" as this independent hacker spotted and it was confirmed independently on the original wikileak docs.

“Guccifer” leak of DNC Trump research has a Russian’s fingerprints on it

Exhibit A in the case is this document created and later edited in the ubiquitous Microsoft Word format.

Metadata left inside the file shows it was last edited by someone using the computer name "Феликс Эдмундович." That means the computer was configured to use the Russian language and that it was connected to a Russian-language keyboard. More intriguing still, "Феликс Эдмундович" is the colloquial name that translates to Felix Dzerzhinsky, the 20th Century Russian statesman who is best known for founding the Soviet secret police

arstechnica.com...

I could do this all day...but I suspect you already knew all this?

After all you are a fan of McCarthy as you stated...
From Wiki:
McCarthyism
Today, the term is used by critics of McCarthy in reference to what they consider demagogic, reckless, and unsubstantiated accusations, as well as public attacks on the character or patriotism of political opponents.

edit on 6-12-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

Well. Agreed to disagree then.

It is NOT government blacklisting

Care to substantiate your point?

Why would I need to substantiate pointing out it is not government black-listing..it is media..and it is their prerogative and even responsibility to call BS on BS claims and stories in the public sphere..

You can claim it is the Russian Gov...You can Claim it is Lizard people...but that is YOUR responsibility to "substantiate" whilst making unproven claims.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

"It fits their pattern" Right on, dude. I knew you would not disappoint.

My mistake, I did not realize who answered my question.

I should have said that the post I was directed to has nothing to do with the topic of discussion and "fits their pattern" is not an acceptable answer when it comes from you.

edit on 6-12-2016 by ezramullins because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

As it would be yours to prove the alleged fact, that it isn't.

My question for you: why should they feel the urge to hide their asses if they didn't try to fool the public with a serious mismanagement of tax-dollars via WaPo?

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ezramullins

"It fits their pattern" Right on, dude. I knew you would not disappoint.

You are welcome to refute my research on that thread, otherwise you're just making a childish ad hom. That all you got?

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

What more do I need? I don't dispute any of your post from last year.

That post has not a thing to do with Indigo5s claims today. And as to that long-winded fiber cookie,

Vice and poorly written, unsubstantiated opinion from NYT? Then a list of all the spooks in the country that are suspicious of Russia?

That is no sources at all.

Re-read your post from '15 and refresh your memory on how to source a post. You're slippin.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I never thought I'd laugh as hard as I just did in my life.

Russian propaganda. Holy crap.

In all seriousness though, comrades, anyone know the Nuclear Launch codes yet? I'm sure the Motherland would benefit from them.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Cointerpol maybe. Russia though, thats brilliant.

Anonymous are also Russian propaganda tool and so is 4chan. Million man marches are really nerds not combative enough to serve Spetsnas or the Kremlin.

Mr. Assange is being evacuated into Russia to protect him from CIA MK Ultra his ass to admit he's working for Russia.

It's like news few days ago.. CIA saying Russia leaked Podesta emails, rigged the election.. that's not even their job. Cyber attacks and crimes fall under NSA. People need to learn their defense branches before posting fake news IMO.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
in5d is on the list? is this a joke?

lol one of my fav websites but its comical because the owner of the website (which is for metaphysical talk) posts selfies on the beach attending drum circles. he is tanned hippie with long blonde hair.

russian spy? apparently.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22 >>

join