It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rexnord Bearing Officially Decides To Move Hundreds Of Indianapolis Jobs To Mexico Trump???

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

The election of Trump is a defeat of old Media and the victory of New Media.

You and I are New Media. And we are impossible to stop, for now.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
sad.... but not much a president elect can do until sworn in....

hopefully trump will tax the # out of future companies who plan to move

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Perjury

Wrong, Mexico wants to "modernize" Nafta, Ford is talking about there Mexican plant, Carrier is talking to talk toTrump and there a number of countries that want to help fight ISis and terrorism. All before the talking of the POTUS.

Oh and Putin is talking to Trump, looks like he hated Obama, and Clinton. WWIII may have been cancelled, poor Mil Ind. complex.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: suvorov
Unions are like cancer that killed automobile industry and spreading

While I agree that some of the top pay scales are a bit...fanciful to say the least; Executive pay has increased geometrically compared to the incremental pay raises that union employees make across the board.
ceo pay?

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

How dare you question the CEOs. THey are geniuses, move production to 3 world countries save big bucks short term. If the wheel comes off the rim and a CEO gets canned, collect your huge get the F out of here bonus.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka
Not even talking about those "clever" MBA idiots headhunted to increase profits on a year contract, that sells off all assets to make a record profit for that year, so insuring a record bonus for themselves, and when they leave after their contract is over, the company has no assets left and has to close down, but hey, look at it, for a year the company had maximum profits for the shareholders, screw the workers, but o yes, sorry, the unions are the evil ones in this picture....

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Hellhound604

We had one of those "geniuses" working for my company. He raised the profit ceiling and in doing so alienated tons of customers, then when that ceiling started to fall (about 4 record months later) the pay decreases hit...and he lowered the floor. Therefore the profit margins still looked relatively large.

Isn't playing with numbers fun???

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: suvorov

What skill?

Medical, engineering, and law are going to continue to demand a premium wage. It might not be what it is now, but those fields will have you above average.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Yep money makes people do some really stupid things. Sooner or later the truth comes out, but we know who pays.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
That is disheartening. That is a huge wage gap and I don't know how americans can compete. Cut corporate taxes and slash wages to $3/hr. How do we sustain our country going that direction.

we don't.....but if you believe that, you are an elitist scum

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Law will be filled soon with electronic lawyers.

Engineers are starting to be imported. But may be stable, but no income growth.

Medical is a bubble that will burst if some one doesn't pull back hard on those reigns.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
you know what i will admit i dont really understand most of this stuff. I am extremely simple in my approach to what would make a good economy. I favor the model laid out in Adam Smiths "wealth of nations", namely a resource based economy with goods and services being traded with some funny money thrown in there to make trade easier where it needs to be but always allowing people to negotiate the terms of their business and not being overly managed and taxed by a federal government. I think less is more when it comes to government. We have evolved into a highly dependent society and that makes us WEAK.

I love Patrick Henry's "common sense". That book and Wealth of Nations i think should be required reading every year from 6 or 7th grade until college.

As far as skills go......if you gave me a piece of wooded land by a stream it would not take me long to build everything i need with my bare hands and some tools. I know the basics of log preparation and notching and how wood cabins are built. I also understand a bit about water wheels and electricity generation. I think with a few of THOSE kinds of skills, were one to be given or ALLOWED to make their own way a person could do just fine for themselves and not need ANYONE.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   

4 months ago 2 union reps showed up at my shop. They were telling my guys how great it is, blah,blah blah...one of my guys asked how much it costs, they tell him oh its basically no cost ,you gain. My guys were laughing so hard I went out there to see what's up and, low and behold these idiots start threatening my guys about working as a scab. Not good- I had to run out there before my guys put em in the sawmill- they were going to make 2x4's out of em.... I had to laugh, told the idiots" my guys have never had ask for a raise. They have never had to ask for a day off to take their kids to the doc. Anytime one of us has a problem the whole crew shows up and we handle it. We hunt, fish, camp, work and play together like a family cause that's the what we are. Are you gonna do all that for them from the golf course while you take their money for dues?" They left while we laughed our asses off....

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Yep money makes people do some really stupid things. Sooner or later the truth comes out, but we know who pays.

Yes, it's the guys with the 50-60 hour a week schedules that pay. Meanwhile that genius moved out to San Diego to go ruin another dealership...apparently the Washington DC Metro area has had enough of him after he ruined 4 dealerships here. (Our CSI scores dropped from the high 90's to a low of 15 at the "peak" of the profit.)

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Natas0114

I would have to say I would think your business is uncommon.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

We're a small outfit, but we work our butts off. I can't survive without good people working with me, and when you help me, I help you. I had a hell of a time when I started out, but we made it what it is today, and for that I'm damned thankful to all the people involved. My guys are loyal to me and that deserves loyalty back- it's how I was raised.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Against Unions...don't watch TV. It's a union shop, as are Movies.

Union proud, Union Strong.

www.sagaftra.org...
www.iatse-intl.org...

Even Trumps in our Union

www.hollywoodreporter.com...

edit on 25-11-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Natas0114

Yes, I worked for the founders and second generation (sons) in a huge manufacturing plant, and the difference between the men who created it, they sounded like you, and their sons is remarkable.

The original founders walked all 11 factories, talked to people and solved problems on the spot.

The founders sons don't walk the factories, don't solve problems on the spot and there is a large gap between the sparkling vision statement that is enshrined in an masonic temple like entry to the company, and the average worker that no longer gets a cost of living raise. But hey the company has had record profits 16 out of 17 years I was there.
edit on 25-11-2016 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

It's a shame, but that's the difference between doing your own work to pay your own way, and being born with money you didn't earn. I'm very tough on my kids about that. Not one of my four have gotten anything without working for it. We had a hard time with my oldest daughter thinking she was going to have a brand new mustang when she got her license. What she woke up to was a 1984 mustang shell with no motor, transmission, or wheels. I did put a big red bow on it though.... she worked in shop all year and bought all the parts she needed, we rehabbed the car together. She hated me for that car- until the day it was done. She's only 5'2" but the first day of driving she was 10 feet tall.
edit on 11252016 by Natas0114 because: Typo

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

I agree with just about all you say. What would a solid skill that costs thousands of dollar and years of school be like? Won't any skill be outsourced for cheaper labor if can be done? I suppose doctors, nurses, teachers, service jobs would have to fill all the jobs needs. I'm pretty sure teachers will be replaced with tech in the future.

When I first went to work for the airlines and attended classes there was a instructor who stood before us and conducted the lesson.. Some instructors were absolutely great. As time passed there were study modules introduced, where a system or a test was done on computer. As the years passed when you changed aircraft you went to a large room with several other people and logged into a computer with you I.D. The computer took you through all the systems and tested you after each system .... 85% or a do over was required... It was boring as crap but very efficient... Many ground instructors went to other jobs within the company or were laid off.. There are people saying that within X years over 25% of the jobs will be replaced by artificial intelligence... People who drive for a living may be some of the first ones to take the job loss if the self driving vehicles become a reality..

The last video the Op posted was excellent youtu.be... Unions are good until they abuse their positions... Unfortunately some of the leadership in the unions lose sight and end up killing the goose that lays the golden egg. Eastern, TWA, Pan Am, and many other airlines through bad management and unions sabotaging the operations are but a foot note in aviation history; compete or die in business. General motors went belly up and required the government to step in and bail them out .... They should be called China motors now for 4 out of 5 cars they make and sell are sold outside the USA...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join