It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Rexnord Bearing Officially Decides To Move Hundreds Of Indianapolis Jobs To Mexico Trump???

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Well I wonder if this will fall under the 35% tariff?

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind.– Rexnord Bearings has officially decided to pull out of Indianapolis and move hundreds of jobs to Mexico, according to United Steel Workers Union President Chuck Jones.

Jones said the union met with Rexnord officials today. He said the company decided to move forward with its plans to have 300 union jobs and 75-80 supervisory jobs moved to Mexico.

Look a the company video (1minute), especially at 35 seconds there is a vision statement, fills your heart with American pride, except the layoffs. Look at the smiley little people's faces, isn't is sweet?

Here's a video (2 min) about the company who cares so much (in the above vid), that they are $h!t canning their employees, pink slipped. Of course the company will enjoy the freedom to pay $1.88 for labor, I'm sure the mexican live in squalor but that's ok, Profits right..???

Wow, are they goiong to save $$! How exciting, these are the times that companies like this may need help, maybe special loans? Oh course this will be abused.... But I read a story about Timken bearing setting up a factory in Columbus Ohio. I wonder if Timken is paying their employees temp wages? Or how Timken can make this work.

According to Jones, the manufacturing company cited the wage difference as the reason they are moving. In Indianapolis, workers were making $25 per hour, plus benefits. The workers in Mexico will be making $2.50-$3 per hour, plus benefits.

The move is tentatively set to begin in April and be done by June 2017. More details on dates and times are expected Tuesday.
fox59.com...

The answer??

edit on 25-11-2016 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
That is disheartening. That is a huge wage gap and I don't know how americans can compete. Cut corporate taxes and slash wages to $3/hr. How do we sustain our country going that direction.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Unions killing the industries.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Make Messico Great!

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: suvorov

I'm non union and make 30+, the unions help set the wages. Do you think if the workers were making 15$ an hour the company would stay?

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3
It's quite easy to fight really. When the company moves to Mexico it will pay employees about 10% of what it pays it's American workers. So when it comes to buy their product you say to them "a great part of your manufacturing cost has drop by 90% so we will only pay you 90% of your sale price". See how they like that.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
no the execs have to stop making 50 million a year, and poor them, just make '25' million a year. then you can pay 20 an hour.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
i hope they outsorce, then trunp brings in the awesome import taxes, and a new company takes over, and this garbage company goes out of business.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
They should pass some ultra punitive laws that make moving operations overseas absolutely crippling for corporations. Asset seisure, some new tax, mass redundancy fines, etc.

That's make them think twice about stuff like this.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Are you OK with the contracts that CEOs get? Of course when they screw the pooch and get canned they get millions.

But when the commoners get a contract it is causing the world to end.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Internet is evening the play field. I can buy chinese products for 10x cheaper online. So now American companies have to compete. Welcome to reality and Internet will globalize economy and you will earn same money as mexican in 20-30 years. There is no way out. My advice go back to university and get a solid skill.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

What skill?

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Union workers are overpaid and they work 1 hour a day. Time to make room.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Unions are like cancer that killed automobile industry and spreading

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   

What about the executives who constantly give themselves raises and then have the audacity to award themselves obscene bonuses despite the fact their company reports record losses?

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Never enough money or growth in a debt based economy.

I have worked at companies that have record profits 8 years in a row, no cost of living raises, pathetic bonuses and threats of layoffs at every corner. Then when one year there is little to no growth, the restructuring starts.

Never enough money with a Fed and Central banks, growth or die, and inflation is a must.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Do you see a price difference in mexican autos? How about non union autos? Do you think the CEO' would work with out a fat and I mean FAT contract?

Only the rich should have some protection?
edit on 25-11-2016 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Excuse the he!! out of me, but I am a union worker (skilled trades) and I work 8 hours plus a day, you notice I said work.
Like seasonal said unions set the wages and fight for apprentiships (education). So may be you could go to university as you say and learn how to write. In fact, unions are on the decline but they were necessary when the employers push for more and more and take away more and more so the top executives can have even more for themselves. By the way would you turn down a good paying union job?

S&F for you seasonal, we have to expose this crap, before we are all screwed worse than we are now.

edit on 25-11-2016 by darepairman because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-11-2016 by darepairman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

See this is what gets me. These corporations are the culprits of our social demise. Through the media they stoke racial, cultural and classist divides all the while perpetrating modern slavery for all intents and purposes all over the 3rd world.

As long as they keep us fighting over Presidential candidates, football teams, right, wrong...every possible dialectic, they continue their diabolical efforts for profits no matter what cost.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

I agree with just about all you say. What would a solid skill that costs thousands of dollar and years of school be like? Won't any skill be outsourced for cheaper labor if can be done? I suppose doctors, nurses, teachers, service jobs would have to fill all the jobs needs. I'm pretty sure teachers will be replaced with tech in the future.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join