It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

delivering pizza......ever done it?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: Bluesma
I've done it, when I was a teen. Was cooking and delivering (in my little Baja Bug). It was not bad work to do- I liked seeing people when I delivered, and I enjoyed cooking.

I think if I did it now, I would find the income too low, and would feel sort of humiliated by such a job I tend to think of as for young people. Two days ago, I got a pizza delivered and the guy was in his fifties... I actually found myself wondering how he ended up doing that at his age. I immediately felt bad for the thought. He did his job much better than a kid could have- he was on time, polite, helpful.... I gave him a big tip and was appreciative of his service.

i felt a touch of that for about 5 seconds. nothing humiliating about working to feed your people though.
# man if i can make the right kind of money i will do it for the long haul

Hell no. Where i come from, thats what is known as being "a real man".

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

thanks man

its official. manager is on vacation all week but i start friday. im ready to rock

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I know someone who does it. He makes $100.00 a night in tips usually, and more on the weekends. They don't deliver to neighborhoods with a high crime rate. He has a rag of a car so his money goes to keeping it running, so he never seems to get ahead. If your car is in good repair you should do well.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
fridays and saturdays i am going to be 5-1:30 so it is prime delivery shift.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
start tomorrow at 2.
got my gps all set. my suction cup cell phone holder is already attached to the windshield.
car is all gassed up

for some reason i am super nervous about it. i think because it is something i have never done. if i was going to a factory tomorrow i would not be so nervous

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

The thing here is: you are taking this seriously. That is what matters.

People who take their jobs seriously NEVER fail to kick ass.

Let us know how it went. I've been thinking about you/this.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

thanks my friend. i will keep you posted.

i figure in the interest of time and to not look like an idiot i will get the math worked out in my head while i am driving to the house.

know what i mean?
if their total is say $8.87 i will have the .13 change already worked out. the rest is easy. if they pay with a 10 spot i know they get the 1.13. the whole dollars can be extrapolated from there so when they hand me whatever they hand me the change back to them will already be worked out in my head and the transaction will go fast.

im sure people will appreciate their driver getting in and out fast so they can smash

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join