It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ouch! These kids are crazy!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2003 @ 10:37 PM
link   
NEW YORK - Despite the bone through his nose, his shaved head and pierced face, the 25-year-old pacing a seedy stretch of New York sidewalk admitted he was terrified of what he was about to do.

But after a few minutes, a couple cigarettes and several deep breaths, he sat in the basement of a storefront tattoo parlor, closed his eyes and let a friend split his tongue down the middle with a scalpel.

The latest trend among teens and 20-somethings who indulge in so-called extreme body modification, forking one's tongue like a serpent's "is an art form," said T.J. McGillis, who offers the service for a $250 charge.

The process is nothing short of gory. In Ian's case, his tongue was clamped in place, numbed and slit 2 inches up the middle, looking uncomfortably like a piece of raw liver freshly cut by a butcher. Other methods entail tying increasingly tighter pieces of thread through a pierced hole or cutting with a laser.

But for believers in modification, a split tongue is merely a start. Split penises, sliced lengthwise in half, are not unheard of among aficionados.

OUCH !!!

CLICK FOR STORY

posted on Jun, 22 2003 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Well PA, you've finally done it, and congratulations, you must have one of the sickest pictures i've ever seen!

posted on Jun, 22 2003 @ 10:41 PM
link   
That sicko must have carved his two front teeth like that too.

posted on Jun, 22 2003 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Don't know what he smoked but it was harder than tobaco.

posted on Jun, 22 2003 @ 10:44 PM
link   
closed his eyes and let a friend split his tongue down the middle with a scalpel.

Thats one trustworthy friend...I would NEVER, EVER, allow a friend to put any sharp, point object in my mouth... Betcha when he turn 30 and wants a real job....he'll be kicking himself.

posted on Jun, 22 2003 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I wonder if he can control both sides independently

posted on Jun, 22 2003 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Quote from the article, "Comparing tongue splitters to young people wearing long hair and ragged jeans in the 1960s, he said: "This is the same psychological process, albeit more extreme." At least you could go the barber and get a hair cut and then buy a nice suit of clothes. This crap is permanent. Could you imagine if you stock broker or attorney look like that??

posted on Jun, 22 2003 @ 10:46 PM
link   
That is just sick!

posted on Jun, 22 2003 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Ick.
I first started hearing about this "extreme" body mod probably 6 or 7 years ago. The tongue is nasty, but the *ahem* private part mods are even worse. There are guys who've split their units in 'twain, people who (as in the pic above) file their teeth to points, and who remove their cuticles & surrounding skin down as far as the knuckle.
The thing that makes me shudder is that 99% of this extreme stuff isn't done under the sterile conditions tattoos and piercings are. Either they do it themselves, or they have friends do it for them, usually in a basement or garage.

www.bmezine.com...
WARNING! The above link is SO not for the faint of heart or for those under 18. It's a site that showcases both "normal" body mods (piercings/tats) and the crazy $hit I talked about above. But if you're curious...

-B.

posted on Jun, 22 2003 @ 10:53 PM
link   
i bet his sex life wont be as good

posted on Jun, 22 2003 @ 10:54 PM
link   
That's the most disgusting thing I ever seen.

posted on Jun, 22 2003 @ 10:55 PM
link   
i used to be a cutter.
it's a hard thing to overcome.

i think anyone who does this is in the same boat.

posted on Jun, 22 2003 @ 11:01 PM
link   
You think thats disgusting..wait till you meet freaky black men who want to become beatifull white women.....wait......that reminds me of some pop artists.....quite possibly the King .....hm...cant get my finger on it..oh well
Deep

posted on Jun, 22 2003 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jagdflieger
Could you imagine if you stock broker or attorney look like that??

I would be inclined to trust this guy more than most 'normal' stockbrokers and lawyers.

posted on Jun, 22 2003 @ 11:13 PM
link   
ZERODEEP said:
wait till you meet freaky black men who want to become beatifull white women.....wait......that reminds me of some pop artists.....quite possibly the King .....

But everyone knows he's actually an alien, sent to our pop culture and to reveal slowly, so that when the ET's actually appear, the shock will be lessened.

posted on Jun, 22 2003 @ 11:37 PM
link   
AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Oh my holy mother of pebble people! That is just screwed up! Ewww!!! Wrong!!! Oh what is another more extreme way for saying "What the hell did I smoke last night?"

posted on Jun, 23 2003 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Cant quite place your finger on him because of all theclorox that he doused himself in. lol BTW that genital pierciing # is nasty as hell.

posted on Jun, 23 2003 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Here's the kicker. Assuming the end of the world doesn't come before then and when the body modification fad is long past, these same kids will start showing up at plastic surgeons expecting to be put back together then. Of course, they will want their HMO's or Medicare (translation - you and me) to pay for it.

posted on Jun, 23 2003 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Jesus!! That picture is disgusting. PLain Nasty. LOL!

posted on Jun, 25 2003 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Even if many people might have never considered getting their tongues split to appear more "lizard-like," the Illinois General Assembly recently passed legislation to see that this underground trend does not become a common practice.

Although split tongue, forked tongue and lizard tongue � all expressions that refer to tongue splitting � are not relatively common, both houses of the state legislature passed House Bill 3086 late last month, which makes it a crime for an unlicensed medical professional to perform the split.

Tongue splitting, as defined by the bill's text, means cutting of the human tongue into two or more parts.

www.dailyillini.com...

Although you would have to be a bit crazy to fork your tongue in the first place, you would have to be even crazier to go to someone unlicensed and possibly untrained.

Like the guy in the article said, "Anything beyond tattooing and body piercing is self-mutilation."

top topics

<<   2 >>

join