It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US serviceman killed in Syria on Thanksgiving

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   

A U.S. service member died on Thursday after being wounded in an improvised explosive device blast in northern Syria, U.S. Central Command, or CENTCOM, said in a statement.

U.S. Defense Secretary Ash Carter expressed condolences in a statement, calling the death a "painful reminder of the dangers our men and women in uniform face around the world to keep us safe."

LINK

RT gave a lot more information on the situation:

US military advisers are actively operating on the ground in Syria despite Damascus’ objections. American special forces are playing an active role in supporting the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) attempting to retake Raqqa, the stronghold of the Islamic State (IS, formerly ISIS/ISIL) in Syria.

LINK

I feel incredibly sorry for this U.S. serviceman and his family. He died carrying out illegal orders. The United States overthrowing the Syrian government does not help to defend the freedoms of Americans in any way.

This man died as a pawn of globalism.
edit on 25-11-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

There should not be any western forces, uniformed or otherwise in the entire middle east. As it is, agitators from actual service persons to mercenaries, and proxy agents wearing IS colours are everywhere.

I would echo your sentiments about the serviceman and his family, and would state further, that people should, if they love their country, and their military, petition their government to have all service personnel and resources of manpower, material and finance utterly removed from the region.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Seems as though his boots were on the ground, for this to have been possible.

This man died as a pawn of globalism.

Yes.
I do not feel any safer because this man was sent over there to die.

edit on b000000302016-11-25T08:40:23-06:0008America/ChicagoFri, 25 Nov 2016 08:40:23 -0600800000016 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

A painful reminder indeed, he wasn't there protecting US soil or citizens.

How many years must this carry on?

I don't mean Syria either, I mean the influential hand pushing people and nations over the cliff in the name of "national defence", protecting the interests of leaders like puppets on a string more like.

Does anyone even believe that line anymore?

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Is it the same USA, the same "west" that critizes Superputin from Planet Russia for sending little green men to the Krim?

Only an "angel", who is without a "sin", should throw the first stone!

edit on 25 11 2016 by DerBeobachter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
How come when our military was sent to Iraq needlessly by W Bush all the conservatives said it was unpatriotic to criticize the war?

When Ron Paul says we shouldn't be involved overseas Republicans say he's crazy or dangerous.

Now that a (black) democrat is President, suddenly everyone decides that foreign intervention is terrible? What changed I wonder??

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
At least there is some civility here but some of the comments at Russia Today and elsewhere are beyond the pale you can protest the governments policy but things are getting grim when large numbers of individuals express contempt or joy at a soldiers death,America your in trouble

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: CB328

What a great question.

There are those of us who have been against all this business for some time, who are wondering what it is, exactly, that people believe Obama did that his predecessor did not, with regard to the War on Terror. It was not Obama who set the ball rolling. It was not Obama who started mass surveillance.

That being said, hes clearly not got a clear conscience where all this is concerned, because otherwise he would have found a way to order everyone home, cut off the funding streams to the terror networks (extensions of US military intelligence agencies) active in the region, and arrest everyone involved from the US government perspective. But thats a harder thing to do than it ought to be, especially since, as Trump will find out shortly, the President is not the real power in the US.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Trumps charter is to save whats left of America not change it Kissinger probably showed him the Kennedy assasination tape when he visited(sarcasm) dont expect salvation.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: khnum

Save whats left of America?

What an absurd notion. The only parts of it worth saving are the liberty he wants people to hand over to him in exchange for security! All the Anti-Christian, right wing dogma nonsense that people miss was never American or about America!

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Whilst Im no Hillary fan I think the Trump administation will be pretty similar, everything left will be looted including the copper pipe and linoleum but we are awfully close to ww3 at the moment Obama isnt in the rear vision mirror yet

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Way to turn this political. Someone lost his life then you and op turn it into politics...... that's like you dying of aids and everyone ignoring the fact you died and saying the government introduced it and they had no right blah blah.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Crumbles

Not really.

I did not know the man, nor his family, which means that any platitude I attached to his death, any comment I could make regarding the death specifically would be empty. However, what I can say without platitude or facade, is that his death should not have happened, and that the way to prevent more utterly pointless waste of human lives, is to remove all service personnel from the entire region without delay, and cease funding the regions various terror organisations by the back door.

Which statement, empty commiseration, or pro-active calls for the disassembly of the proxy war machine, is the more honest, do you suppose?

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   

If this fellow died supporting the SDF, then I hate to break it to you, but he wasn't doing anything that could result in the overthrow of the Syrian government. The SDF are currently operating in active participation with the SAA, the Syrian government army.
edit on 11/25/2016 by Monger because: (no reason given)

top topics

join