It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon to shift U.S.force focus.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   
The Pentagon is in the midst of reshaping U.S. forces with more of an emphasis on insurgencies and terrorism instead of warfare.

WASHINGTON - The Pentagon has drafted terms for an ambitious reshaping of U.S. forces that would put less emphasis on waging conventional warfare and more on dealing with insurgencies, terrorist networks, failed states and other nontraditional threats, according to senior defense officials and others familiar with the confidential planning.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

The Petagon is rethinking the current use of US forces, but with the changes they plan, will they be taking our military and changing then from "Warriors" to "Security guards"? Our military has always been a force ready willing and able to fight. Now I hope they don't think they can take this same bunch and turn them into untrained detectives and diplomats? I think a plan like this will only blow up in their faces.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I cant imagine that the USA's soldiers will ever "forget" how to fight conventional wars. After all, "conventional" warfare is all but obsolete. If they manage this properly I think its the right thing to do.

join