It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've lost my daughter.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: bally001

I was a lost child at that age, too. Completely out there in the exact same place as your daughter. I have since overcome a lifetime of addiction and substance abuse. It was a long hard road, one I had to walk by my stubborn self alone.

On some level, she knows its a nowhere, dead end road. Reminded every time she wakes up in the morning. It is possible... to overcome... the choice is hers, not yours.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Okay, take 2.

I had a lengthy reply typed up and ready to post but it disappeared off the screen. In short, on behalf of my wife and I, we passed on our sincere thanks for you support and input.

We managed to locate our daughter in hospital after she had a fall and damaged her ankle. She was relieved and happy to see us. We brought her back home. My wife spoke with her and we set her up in her bedroom. Cooked her some dinner and it seemed she went to sleep about 7.30pm.

Around 8.30pm my wife went to check on her and she was gone. Left her bed with pillows under the blanket.

Now last night was pitch black on our rural home. My driveway is about 400 meters long, downhill, gravel from the house to the gate. Worried she had a fall we both went out with torches to the gate and back. (I fell).

After this we took the 4wd along the main road (gravel and sealed) and visited locations and nearby house. No luck.

Returned home. Contacted her friends and called the police.

Seems she had an hours jump on us and managed to contact someone to pick her up at the gate.

Sleepless night. She returned at 5am this morning. Presently sleeping. Gotta get my head around this.

More to come after she wakes.

bally

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Your making progress! I continue to send you hope & prayers!

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Yeah, so happy for you and worried at the same time.

She may try to live in both worlds for a while.

I hope this is the last trip back for her. So hard to break free and please be patient and strong.

Good luck, thanks for the updates.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

It's going to be tough, but it is hopeful since she returned. I will keep watching this thread for updates and give my prayers to you and the family.

You have your ATS family by your side.

edit on 26-11-2016 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I had at one point lost my 16 year old daughter in the same way. One day, months later, I got a call, "Dad, get me outta here!"

I told her to quietly pack up her things and wait. I put on my meanest looking black leather jacket, put my 9mm in my pocket (legal), and went to get her. The sh*ts in the house didn't like the looks of me or the bulge in my pocket and there was, thankfully, no trouble. I walked her out to my car, with my hand in my pocket, and away we went.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Detergent

You are a hero sir. I am not allowed to carry firearms in my location. The sh#ts here know this and use their intimidation in numbers to negate any attempt.

Police contact confirmed my knowledge. After 16 you are a state ward in New South Wales. I knew this anyway. The police were not willing to collect her. And legally so. Imagine Posse Commitus showing cops dragging out a 16 old without the legal means.

Any way she is home. Big tahdoo between her and her mother. Basically, she knows her rights, which I know. Mother gets the 'stupid parent' attitude. Can't do this, can''t do that.

You know what! It was the internet connection that enabled her to do the skip. Here I was on Ats and meanwhile she's negotiated a way to leave by being picked up at night. Dammit!

Now I have to turn the net off in the evening. Whole family suffers. While I'm on now she is probably negotiating another pickup.

Anyway, I have a nice piece of "Iron Bark" timber (look it up). I'll be waiting at the gate. Thankyou everyone for your concern. And.. I love my youngest daughter forever.

bally ( and I ain't normally a violent person)

bally.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Love your reply. ATS supports me.

Bally

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

My wife and I are the most patient people you could know. But I do lose my patience and must go for a walk when the daughter has my wife in tears and sobbing.

If you knew my wife she is the most kindest natured person in the world mit sense of humour.

Kind regards,

bally

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

You are right sir.

Maybe because I've never had an addiction of sorts I don't understand.

My family is my addiction and tragically, in this case, I have to do what I have to do against these addicts.

My kindest regards and thanks for your reply,

bally

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

I and my wife thank you. I know your sincere prayers will be answered.

You are a kind person ma'am.

bally

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: cuckooold

Hi, a reply for your thoughts.

Wracking my brain where I may have failed this child. My other six are fine. I worry for my wife who is gutted.

Regards,

bally.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: CT_Flyboy

Thanks pilot.

Tried, but as I am instructed she has her rights. I need tangible proof, not third party. I ask, you and others that perhaps need knowledge of our local laws and regulations to support my patience. I am putting a plan together.

I will enable this when I have certain resources. I am her father. And I can be cunning.

bally

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

We are going for a Bass fish on the property dam to get our heads around a checkmate move.

Daughter is being looked after. We need to calm down. I know you'll understand.

I do appreciate your offer,

Typical Aussie mate.

edit on 27-11-2016 by bally001 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-11-2016 by bally001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Glad to hear that you at least got her back home mate .

Have patience ( and be cunning ) things will sort themselves out .

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: VengefulGhost

Great post and many stars to you if I could.

bally

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262

And you are right. I won't give up but at this stage. I need to 'sus' whats going on in this young lady's mind. Perhaps we can adjust or tune to her immediate needs and not to over react.

I'm sure since she has returned home and regardless of her feelings towards her parents perhaps the situ may calm down for some reasonable conversation.

Hope she doesn't do a 'runner' again for at least a night or two.

It is 7.38 pm 27/11 here tonight.

I will be turning the net off soon.

bally

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyElohim

Great advice JE. And its one of the approaches I am doing presently.

Cheers and regards,

bally

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 02:49 AM
link   

I did not reply to your daughter sneaking out as that is a situation i could comment on without being there . As for your wondering about where you have gone wrong , well you havent , kids can be harder to bring up than herding cats at times and you and you also have to wonder where she got all the info on her rights . Anyway be careful on that long walk tonight , iron-bark makes for a good walking stick i hear .

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Cheers mate, comments directed to your support and replies only.

No Bass.

Bally

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join