It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've lost my daughter.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Thank's mate, and cheers for the enlightening subject of your blue crabs to make me smile and envious.

Just when I see some light, somethings else happens. So I pause and deal with it. Every time I sit to post an update on this thread the situ is turned upside down. (putting out spot fires so to say)

I appreciate the concern but I don't want to overdo the ups and downs.

On the positive side, the young lady has been working (on and off) but we still get phone calls from her employer when she doesn't turn up. She also has another positive aspect/interest in her life that I'm scoping from a distance. I'm not spying, just concerned.

Basically its all good for a little while, then stumbles, falls and requires picking up and dusting off. She is ill and her mother and I have come to begging her to go to the doctor. To cover this day to day I have a small diary to keep a record. This is to tick the right ways to deal with all this and flick the poorer responses to behavior.

As I've expressed, dealing with it calmly and with better responses has at least made for improved relations and some unexpected revelations. When I post here I'm hoping I can post positive stuff rather than rant about the poorer experiences. My thoughts are better for the input I get from all posters.

I promise I will update perhaps a little more regular.

Slippery eel can't be caught

regards to all,

bally
edit on 24-1-2017 by bally001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Hi NS,

as explained to Hutchy, we're dealing with the issues. Cheers for you concern. I like the crab deflection in this thread, makes for a good break.

I will posts updates more frequently in future.

My kindest regards,

bally and eel

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

No such thing as spying when it comes to your kids well when it comes to their health anyways . If she falls down nine times , drag her to her feet ten .

On the crab thing , i noticed we both got a heap of replys deleted on another thread for off topic . lol . Perhaps i can start a thread on Portunus pelagicus and how good they taste . Oh and my father said they are on the move on there thousands , i just cant get there for 2 weeks .

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 06:18 AM
link   

True, health of my daughter is one priority and needs monitoring. Still, find it disconcerting and the 5 older siblings have not exhibited this behaviour. Has me perplexed at times but manage to get my head around it.

'True Love' (mum) doesn't handle it well and gets upset at times. Needs some attention during those episodes. Funny, I now look forward to my daughter being away just for the peace but the knot in my stomach remains.

I'm surprised that some replies and posts aren't deleted on this thread being "off topic" but I have noticed that this thread is not followed strictly and often I have no notification of replies from you or others. ( E.g your latest.)

The posts don't appear on the 'recent posts' forum either.

On the crab thing, thread, go for it, I might add what I know about the blue colored 'Pthirus pubis' and the South Aussie affliction

My kind regards and have a good 26th,

bally and eel thing.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Thanks for the updates bally! You sound like a wonderful Father and Husband. I'm sure you are doing all that you can to assure the well being of your family. Sometimes, there is only so much you can do though and the rest will have to come from your daughter and the decisions she makes. Still thinking of you and your family and wishing you all the best. I'll keep my eyes on this thread for further updates.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Well NS, I'll try to keep updating but don't want to repeat myself so I'll focus on the positives. At least the relationship is amicable.

My daughter is only home now one or two days of the week but these absences has brought about some peace. We do care about her but the initial shock has passed and we can only guide her.

I find it interesting that little comments set her off like I may say, "please don't speak to your mum like that" (Might be raising her voice, swearing), then I cop it. Deflects her attention from mum who I ask to just ignore the comments as I do. Just walk away. This does have an effect as later we both get a cuddle and an apology. She knows what she is saying/doing but loses control and actually expresses remorse a couple of hours later.

Arguing with her is counter productive. So at least I can take that away with me.

We can conduct our focus a bit more on the rest of the family, work and our relationship.

Kind regards for your thoughts,

bally

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

I have been keeping up with your thread and I apologize for not commenting. I want you to be assured that there are those of us monitoring and hoping still for a good outcome.

I have a dumb question, I suppose. Is the bipolarity a side effect of her addiction or was she always that way and using street drugs to self medicate?

She's simply got to get better control (somehow) as you all shouldn't have to tolerate disrespect verbally. Sometimes those situations can escalate into a physical situation quickly and there may be no coming back from that.

Please do work on your relationship, don't let it suffer too much. Taking care of others and devoting nearly all of our time and energy can be too much for a relationship to bear, sometimes.

Still thinking of you all and sending positive thoughts.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

No need to apologise. Appreciate your input.

The drugs are only recent and we picked up a noticeable change in her behavior not long after her 16th birthday. April 2016.

Got worse. Dunno about the bipolar effect, another reason we've asked her to attend a doctor. It's sad for her, watching her change, the highs and lows, weight loss and ageing.

Can only try to guide her away from this influence while at the same time support her.

Kind regards,

bally

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Hang in there Bally. We're all praying for your family!

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 03:06 AM
link   
a reply to: KTemplar

That's a great uplifting feeling you've given me/us KTemplar. May I respond in kind,

Our best wishes to you and yours.

Kindest regards,

bally

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Sorry mate i must have missed the bi polar thing somehow .I too am bi polar so in many respects i know what your daughter is going through , it is not easy believe me and for a long time alcohol was my answer .On the positive side they finally found the right medication for me and all is pretty normal now , still have the occasional day but one thousand percent better . My advice is not to screw around with a GP . They think they know what is going on but in reality they know crap about mental illness . It can be a tough road but there is light at the end of the tunnel .

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Well mate, I'll look into this' By her own admission my daughter has been taking drugs.

Appreciate your open post here. Does the alcohol or would drugs aggravate the issue of bipolar from your perspective?

Asking with the most respect Hutchy.

bally

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 04:38 AM
link   

We ask her to see a GP with regards her physical health. Would like to see her pretty face healthy again. Need to see her smile once more too and be happy.

Presently can't get the health issue through to her.

bally

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Thats a tough question to answer . I cannot speak for drugs but alcohol certainly made it easier to cope in the beginning , but the problem is that as time goes by your intake needs get higher to reach that numb stage . Now you have 2 major problems . My best guess is that drugs would be the same . So the long answer is drugs wont help . Thing is i finally got the mental thing fixed but the alcohol was still there . Bally feel free to ask anything you want .

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Do you know what drugs she is using .

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Yeah, she has said she smokes marijuana and "I take other stuff if it's there". Nothing further on the other stuff. Tends to get defensive if we ask too many questions. Simply saying quietly to her "don't aye, it's not good for you" lends itself to yelling response and so forth. Won't see her for days.

Difficult from my perspective and this is where I tend to be confused over her reasons for doing so. Believe me we have tried casual talking, trying to get to the subject etc but no matter how calm we keep a conversation we can be met with silence or screaming.

As I've posted before there may be an instance on occasions where she may have mulled over what's occurred and returns with an apology or...she disappears.

All's good otherwise mate and I do appreciate you offer to ask anything.

kind regards,

bally

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Your probably not going to like this but if its marijuana and marijuana only you should breathe a sigh of relief . The other stuff if its available is what i would be more concerned about . My only concern with MJ is the bi polar side and only a psychiatrist can answer that question .Is there a mental health hotline kind of thing you can ring up , perhaps they may be able to help.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Hi mate,

I am willing to go down the path you suggested. I'm more concerned about her physical health. If I can get my daughter to go to a G.P. for a physical then perhaps we could get her to seek help with other issues. We'll try.

regards,

bally

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Just checking in again mate , things looking more positive i hope .

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Cheers mate. Better results over longer periods. Dunno why but feel a little unsettled when the language starts. Happy she goes off over night to another place.

Quiet tonight.

Family is happy. No doubt she will come back happy to.

It's like a break.

Thanks for asking,

kind regards,

bally

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join