It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Making a Murderer: Judge Orders New Testing of Steven Avery Evidence

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Steven Avery, the subject of the Netflix series Making a Murderer, has something to give thanks for this Thanksgiving after a judge on Wednesday ordered new testing of evidence for his case.

Avery’s lawyer, Kathleen Zellner, said an agreement to start independent scientific testing on critical pieces of evidence was signed, according to CBS News. The agreement comes nearly three months after Zellner pledged she had a plan to overturn his 2007 conviction.

Avery was sentenced to life in prison after being convicted of first-degree intentional homicide in the 2005 death of photographer Teresa Halbach in Manitowoc County, Wisconsin.

Among the evidence to be tested, Avery’s blood sample will be included.

I reckon most are versed in the details of the conspiracy against Avery.

Thus, its exciting to see this initial step being taken in the right direction of what is widely considered a wrong conviction.

Averys nephew Dassey will hopefully be released soon too, even the DOJ recently blocked it - go figure.

Anyways, here is the brief article notifying us.... Source

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   
such bs....

this guy is guilty as sin..

the only victims in this case were teresa and dassey

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Perjury

It's mind boggling that anyone could watch that show and think he's guilty.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: jaws1975

It's mind boggling that someone can watch a bias one sided show that left out a bunch of facts and evidence and automatically presume hes innocent

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   

What particular evidence swayed you towards Averys guilt?

The prosecution pushed that, based on Dasseys interview/false confession, they killed and cut up the body in Averys trailer...yet there was no blood.

And if Dassey is innocent, as you (and a judge) maintains, then his false confession doesnt hold water.

Just curious. I believe he was railroaded and a few have successfully conspired against him and Dassey, with Dassey intellect obviously used against both of them, which will soon be reverse, rightly so.
edit on 5214x6752America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago11 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   

What facts and evidence was left out?

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: jaws1975

Dont hold your breath for a thorough answer, Id expect deflection next. The needle hole in the tube of blood is irrelevant, although at the time it was presented in the show, it seemed like a bombshell.

Avery was previously convicted of rape and exonerated. The PD obviously had it out for him.

The Innocence Project doesnt waste their resources on cases they dont believe in. They have limited resources and get thousands of requests per year.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   
My thought is that he was set free and opened up a can of corruption and pissed off some powerful people who had someone watching the place for anyone that didn't belong there all the time and used the photographer to kill and frame him, if he killed her he wouldn't have " hid " the car pretty much in plain sight when he had access to a car crusher, plus the fact that they didn't find the key until it magically showed up in his room that had been searched, and the fact that there was no blood in the so called murder scene. ....if they do get to the bottom of this you are going to see a huge conspiracy with a lot of people involved that will be throwing each other under the bus..

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: JHumm

Youre right, to a point I think - there wont be a bus...it will be the equivalent of an asteroid hitting the PD. If youre conspiracy-minded, or simply paying attention - like yourself, you'd realize the repercussions equate to half of the PD having charges brought against them.

And if Avery is exonerated a second time, without DOJ obstruction, then thats exactly what will happen to the PD, because it will confirm they planted evidence, lied under oath and everything in between.
edit on 1028x6710America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago11 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 05:04 AM
link   
I believe the making a murderer show mentioned Avery was suing the prosecutor and some others for millions...So if you want motive, look to people who would profit/benefit from him being out of the picture.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   

As a former resident of Manitowoc, WI (currently residing in Milwaukee) who personally knows 'detective' James lenk, 'Sargent' Andy Colborn, And the most crooked snake in the barrel, Kenneth Petersen, I can tell you the Manitowoc Co. Sherrif Department is one of the WORST examples of law enforcement in this country. Their corruption rivals that of our own government. Are these small town runors? Or a delusion brought about by a TV show? Nope.
How do I know? I spent a majority of my 20's on the wrong side of the law. As a FORMER upper mid-level drug dealer and fence for stolen goods, I had lots of contacts with the Manitowoc Co. Sherrif Department. Ive been personally, yes PERSONALLY "robbed" and "shaken down" by 2 of the 'officers' previously mentioned under the direction of the third 'officer'. I could also very well implicate the same 2 of various crimes, but that in turn would implicate myself. Ive moved past that ignorant phase of my life and grown up and matured, with the help of a 4 year prison sentence (received by Milwaukee County, not Manitowoc) that I rightfully deserved and am greatful for, on the basis that it saved my life.
Did they frame Avery? I dont know. But I do know that they attempted to frame me SEVERAL times. Theyve planted drugs and stolen goods on me and/or my property, then demanded money or information on other crimes/criminals to make the charges "go away". Drugs and stolen vehicles (in my experiences) is not equivocal to murder, but if they would do that, what wouldn't they do?
Breaking the law is no longer part of my repertoire. As I also DO NOT condone breaking the law. Either as a criminal or 'law enforcement'.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I think the freightening thing is to think that he has been set up, then your mind is looking for anything to prove surely they didnt set him up, but my belief is they did, as there no evidence at all that he murdered her on his property, why would you put the car where he did, and the tampered blood sample in the test tube, and the biggey is just what was about to happen to all those police officers that put him down for the rape he didnt commit.

Finding the key on the second search in the cabin is silly, it wasnt on the floor on the first sweep, then hey presto they pick a slipper up and there it is on the floor, utterly crazy.

The story of how she was murdered doesnt in anyway add up, as there no evidence.

I'm excited to think that he will get out, and with everythng thats happening at the moment, this will be another nail in the coffin of the authorities, due to more corruption and self preservation, instead of doing their jobs properly.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I have a felling Avery was involved with her murder and the over zealous(shady as hell) cops wanted to be sure he got convicted so they tried to beef up the evidence to make sure he got convicted.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: jaws1975

What facts and evidence was left out?

There was additional DNA evidence pointing to Avery. According to prosecutor Ken Kratz, that is. He told Maxim that Avery’s DNA was found under Halbach’s trunk (though earlier he said it was found under the hood). “It wasn’t blood. It was from his sweaty hands. Do the cops also have a vial of his sweat that they are carrying around? The evidence conclusively shows that Steven Avery’s hand was under the hood when he insists he never touched her car,” said Kratz.

Halbach’s belongings were found on Avery’s property. Kratz said her phone and camera were found 20 feet from Avery’s door. “This isn’t contested,” he said. “It was all presented as evidence at the jury trial, and the documentary people don’t tell you that.”

Avery and Halbach knew each other. Halbach had been to Avery’s home several times to photograph vehicles for Auto Trader magazine. When Avery set up an appointment with a photographer, he reportedly requested her specifically, saying, “Send the girl who was out here before.” Kratz also told People that Halbach said she was “creeped out” by him.

Two jurors in the Avery trial had relatives working for the Manitowoc Sheriff’s Department. One man had a son in the department, and another had a wife in the county clerk of court’s office, according to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Dean Strang, one of Avery’s lawyers, said the connections were known — but both the defense and prosecution had apparently used up their allotted juror dismissals.

The documentary received plenty of pushback before it was even released. According to BuzzFeed, the government “did certainly go out of their way to try and quash their documentary.” In the fall of 2006, the state tried to subpoena the footage, so Demos and Ricciardi hired a lawyer of their own. “The state wanted any statement Steven made … and statements by others who might have knowledge or claim to have knowledge about who was responsible for the death of Teresa Halbach,” Ricciardi said. “It was a fishing expedition, and we really think it was an effort by the state to shut down our production.”

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   
As a quick addendum to my last post:

While there are missing details both FOR and AGAINST prosecution, to me, the most damning omitted detail was the fact that Hallback had been out to his property before and found him creepy. Plus, the fact that Avery requested her by name. I've read elsewhere that she told her boss she didn't want to go back out there because she didn't feel safe.

So the question is: Why was such a relevant piece of information omitted from the documentary?

It's pretty clear the film-makers were trying to create drama, and an innocent man getting rail-roaded by a corrupt legal system is a much more compelling story than a murdering scum getting thrown in jail for a crime he committed.

edit on 25-11-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   

But Halbach became concerned when Avery, now 53, came to the door in one of her last visits to the salvage yard, “wearing just a towel,” the source says.

“She was worried about that. She said, ‘I am not going back to the Averys,’ ” the source says.

But on the morning of Oct. 31, 2005, the day of Halbach’s murder, Avery allegedly called the magazine and requested Halbach for the photo shoot. “She said she didn t want to go,” says the source. “Auto Trader begged her to go – to do them this one favor – do one more picture.”

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Avery is not the brightest guy in America but having gone through the legal proccess before he would need to be the stupidest guy in the universe to phone specifically for Halbach before murdering her, hiding her car on his property and Camera, cell phone,car key and bones 20 yard from his trailer. As retarded as he may be I just dont think he's that retarded.

In fact, was it even proven that the bones were human.???

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Greggers

But on the morning of Oct. 31, 2005, the day of Halbach’s murder, Avery allegedly called the magazine and requested Halbach for the photo shoot. “She said she didn t want to go,” says the source. “Auto Trader begged her to go – to do them this one favor – do one more picture.”

Do you know if Auto Trader magazine ever corroborated the fact that they "begged her to go"? I mean it's a couple pictures, not like asking somebody to get a sweet deal from a world leader....

And I do not remember from the documentary, did Avery say she had been to his place to do the photographs?

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greggers
As a quick addendum to my last post:

While there are missing details both FOR and AGAINST prosecution, to me, the most damning omitted detail was the fact that Hallback had been out to his property before and found him creepy. Plus, the fact that Avery requested her by name. I've read elsewhere that she told her boss she didn't want to go back out there because she didn't feel safe.

So the question is: Why was such a relevant piece of information omitted from the documentary?

It's pretty clear the film-makers were trying to create drama, and an innocent man getting rail-roaded by a corrupt legal system is a much more compelling story than a murdering scum getting thrown in jail for a crime he committed.

So basically even though there is no actual empirical evidence, you've decided he guilty because someone said through hear-say that Theresa said he was creepy.

Check. Just make sure you never show up for jury duty.

Requesting someone by name does not at all equate to murderous intent. Maybe he just thought she was cute. Maybe he respected her and knew that she took great pictures to sell vehicles.

There are so many alternatives, and that's all conjecture created by the prosecution. The documentary also doesn't omit that he requested her, nor that she was there previously. Maybe you should watch it again, because the parts you say they omitted, they did not.

Let's also not forget that he was absolutely innocent of the rape he was convicted for, and they trumped up evidence then to put him in jail, and then was suing them for essentially their entire life savings and future pensions. There was a clear conflict of interest, which was even recognized by the police department, which is why Manitowoc police were actual mandated to not be in the scene. Who found all of the evidence? The corrupt guys who were being sued for millions who were told and mandated to not work the crime scene. The buck stops right there.

I mean it's so clear cut that Lenk, Colburn and Peters are criminals who manufacture evidence for conviction rate percentage, they already manufactured evidence against him previously and wrongly took years from him. Proven fact.

It's disgusting that anybody could believe he is guilty.

By the by, if you think Brendan is innocent then so is Stephen, considering Brendan's testimony is actually false and everyone knows it is, and that testimony is the basis of Stephens conviction.

It never ceases to amaze me the people know that evil exists, but it could never be the police who we already know are corrupt, right? I mean here you have the biggest motive for the police, they killed her to frame him to get out of the damning deposition that would have cost them their entire futures.

You can't prosecute someone for murder with out hard empirical evidence, and when the evidence is lacking, you can't come back with a guilty verdict based on purely circumstantial evidence without the number one most important piece of that puzzle. Motive.

The prosecution never established motive for Stephen Avery. You know why? Because there is none, but you do know who has motive? Lenk, Colburn & Peters.

I mean we have testimony that all but proves the police planted the vehicle. Remember when dude called in the plate of her missing vehicle, he was looking right at the vehicle and then claims he doesn't remember making the call, despite the audio record of that can in question, days before she was reported missing.

I mean you basically have to be a mental midget at this point to not see what really happened here.
edit on 26-11-2016 by SRPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Greggers

What are you talking about? There were voicemail recordings from Hallbach to her employer saying she was indeed uncomfortable and felt vulnerable. You're just making stuff up. Those details ARE in the series. No question.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join