It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistani air force chief warns India against full-scale war

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Pakistan's air force chief on Thursday warned archrival India against escalating the dispute over Kashmir into full-scale war, urging New Delhi to exercise restraint.

Marshal Sohail Aman's warning came as tensions are soaring between Islamabad and New Delhi over the contested Himalayan territory where Pakistan said Indian fire on Wednesday killed 12 civilians and three soldiers -- the deadliest incident in weeks of border clashes.

Aman said that if Indian forces escalate the crisis, Pakistani troops "know full well how to deal with them."

LINK

I almost posted this in the WW3 forum, but I don't see how a Pakistani-Indian war would clearly lead to WW3. That doesn't mean it be would be any less earth-shattering...

Pakistan threatens to DESTROY India with nuclear bomb

I don't think the "it will never happen because cooler heads will prevail" argument works in every case. Anger is temporary insanity, and there's a lot of anger involved between Pakistan and India.

Here's an aspect of this issue that many may miss:

As of 2013, India has 21 nuclear reactors in operation in 7 nuclear power plants, having an installed capacity of 5780 MWand producing a total of 30,292.91 GWh of electricity while 6 more reactors are under construction and are expected to generate an additional 4,300 MW.

LINK

If Pakistan destroys India, we're talking about seven Fukushima disasters.
edit on 24-11-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Interested story. Pakistan and India are always an understated tension in geopolitics. Should they escalate it could cause turbulence to the world as a whole.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Pakistan vs India vs China. Seems as if India needs to pick their opponents a little wiser. Or have open discussions with em. In no circumstances with a conflict like that would India have a good day....

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
Interested story. Pakistan and India are always an understated tension in geopolitics. Should they escalate it could cause turbulence to the world as a whole.

Was talking to a Pakistani man yesterday, he said they were too poor to have a war with India. I'm sure MAD will keep the lid on this boiling pot.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
If a Nuke is launched by either side then that would signal the end of life Jim, but not as we know it.

India worked hard for their independence over a number of decades and Pakistan were granted their own country as a result. Why there is so much malice between the two, is too complicated to explain in many respects.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I think both these countries have their fingers on the nuclear trigger.And if pulled how many across Europe would perish as well?
edit on CSTThupm4561 by TDawg61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
when havent they ever not been close to war

they should just get it over with! winner stands tall and takes the other country as a prize

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

They have a lot of people to feed , i can image war would cripple their Logistic infrastructure and the amount of people that need to relocate or evacuate would be immense.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a video of indian prime minister receiving respects from sri lankan navy.

youtu.be...

😂
edit on 24-11-2016 by Pandaram because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Yeah, I don't think if they went full on war, it would reach ww3. I read somewhere that one of them are backed by Russia, and the other is backed by China. I think if they went at it, it would be just them. But...

The great ol' US of A is always looking for some conflict to get involved in. Selling weapons is to big of a biz to not to.

Also, if there is any oil to be gained... We will be there fo sho

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Yeah, I don't think if they went full on war, it would reach ww3. I read somewhere that one of them are backed by Russia, and the other is backed by China. I think if they went at it, it would be just them. But...

The great ol' US of A is always looking for some conflict to get involved in. Selling weapons is to big of a biz to not to.

Also, if there is any oil to be gained... We will be there fo sho

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

Mad hasnt stopped America from war.

Most of our federal taxes funds it.

That won't stop them.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
War between India and Pakistan is not going to happen. The mutual animosity and distrust will. Kashmir will remain a problem, probably exacerbated by Chinese involvement.

India is not interested in war as it is focussed on economic growth and the medium term potential to replace China. Pakistan is focussed on some pretty unpleasant terrorism of its own.

Both nations will keep their nukes tucked firmly down their knickers which occasionally making rude gestures at each other.

top topics

join