It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump Has Attended Only Two Intelligence Briefings

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: Byrd

Does President Elect Trump even have a Security Clearance Rating Yet ? Until he is Sworn in as President , his Need to Know is Limited Right Now .

Starting from mid campaign, all candidates get security briefings. After the election, they continue for the President Elect who gets the same briefings as the President.

Trumps clearance is probably higher than Obama's right now, since the President doesn't have an official clearance.

Do you actually have a source for this, or just want to badmouth Obama?

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

originally posted by: Gothmog
UHH , in case you forgot - NEWS FLASH. Donald J Trump is President Elect , not President yet. That would be the current President Obama's responsibility .
And at 2 Intelligence briefings , looks as if the President elect has attended more than the President has. In 8 years combined

So you are entirely ok for a new president to walk into office totally uninformed? You may hate Obama, and I am okay with that, but Trump is an idiot.

Per other poster: Obama prefers stuff in writing so he can read it.

He gets all his briefings sent to him - - in writing.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Does President Elect Trump even have a Security Clearance Rating Yet ? Until he is Sworn in as President , his Need to Know is Limited Right Now .

Starting from mid campaign, all candidates get security briefings. After the election, they continue for the President Elect who gets the same briefings as the President.

Trumps clearance is probably higher than Obama's right now, since the President doesn't have an official clearance.

That's not even close to logical.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Trump should change his name to Ronald Bush Trump because he will be a president with the ignorance of Reagan and the apathetic ignorance of Bush mixed with the utter demagogic stupidity of Trump

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   

I wasn't attempting to bad mouth him at all. The President doesn't hold an actual security clearance, but he does get access to material, and can decide to declassify or reclassify it. Both Hillary and Trump while on the campaign, once they got briefing would have had a higher status than Obama, since Obama doesn't hold one. This is why Hillaries issues never would have come up in office too. But with the election being what it is, Trump likely has a clearance right now, once he's inaugurated he won't

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   

To be fair trump got a copy of hillaries emails from russia, so thanks to hillary he is pretty up to date on the states secrets.

edit on 181130America/ChicagoFri, 25 Nov 2016 23:18:03 -0600000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 03:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
UHH , in case you forgot - NEWS FLASH. Donald J Trump is President Elect , not President yet. That would be the current President Obama's responsibility .
And at 2 Intelligence briefings , looks as if the President elect has attended more than the President has. In 8 years combined

So you are entirely ok for a new president to walk into office totally uninformed? You may hate Obama, and I am okay with that, but Trump is an idiot.

You're not from around here , er ya ? Trump has been sending Vice-President Elect Pence to the briefings.....You do know that there is such a thing as a Vice President , yes ?
At least Trump or Pence is going. That CANNOT BE SAID for Obama ...nor Biden....

Trump is an idiot

That one statement cautions me on folks not being able to hold down an intellectual , reasonable debate
Please prove me incorrect in your case....
edit on 11/26/16 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Personally, I hope Trump worries more about the economy, jobs, and trade, than defense and war. He should spend his time working on how to get our country out of this horrible debt, or go bankrupt without mass rioting or a TEOTWAKI type event here at home first. Plus, if he gets good people like maybe even Petraeus, or someone like Allen West, or McChrystal on his team, Trump's personal knowledge of defense becomes a lot less important.

Trump really needs to fix the finances and corruption in this place first. Defense right now is actually lower on the list, IMHO. I can have this opinion, right?

edit on 26-11-2016 by Fowlerstoad because: typos corrected duh

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Meetings are peobably useless, why listen to Russians hacking the election over and over and over

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fowlerstoad

Personally, I hope Trump worries more about the economy, jobs, and trade, than defense and war.

Well, he's met with his business partners, picked a cabinet of billionaires ... and put out a $150 Christmas ornament of his red hat for all to buy

He should spend his time working on how to get our country out of this horrible debt,

...by charging the Secret Service millions of dollars to rent floors in Trump Towers? (heck, if he wanted to do something about debt, you'd think he'd give them the floors rent-free.)

Defense right now is actually lower on the list, IMHO.

I thought people were voting for him because of his "Muslim immigrants" (a security stance) and "illegal immigrants" (security again)?

I can have this opinion, right?

But of course! it's a free country -- you can have TWO opinions *and* desert!

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
December 11, 2016

President-elect Donald Trump is wisely only accepting one routine Intelligence briefing per week. The daily briefings are too repetitive and redundant.

Story: www.msn.com... tp

This is how you start to change things in Washington. Leading by example to make the government less bureaucratic.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   
OFFS! I already had one POTUS ignore a DB.... "Bin Ladin Determined To Strike in US".

I don’t have to be told -- you know, I’m like, a smart person -- I don’t have to be told the same thing in the same words every single day for the next eight years...I don’t need that.”

These are the words of a mad man! No, Donald, it's not that you don't "need" it-- you don't WANT it, maybe because you know you CAN'T do it, you CAN'T handle the job.

Those words sound like an adolescent who doesn't want to do what his parents tell him to do. "I don't need you to tell me what to do! I'm smarter than both of you combined! I don't need to pick up the dog poop every day!"

OMG! I know people who call a parent at least once a day! This is national security. Donald, there is a world out there beyond you that runs 24/7 and things change every day!

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I would say, "Give me the briefing, but only tell me what's new today. Remember it's a BRIEFing".

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Who does Trumps choreography?
Is it a washington think tank operation?

edit on 11-12-2016 by Cauliflower because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   
If Trumpa can't sit his fat a down to read a PDB, he has no business being a POTUS. If he has time to tweet, he can get through a PDB. Maybe he has no idea what a PDB can look like. He should at least read something about it

How secret President’s Daily Briefing sets agenda for the nation

Trumpa can fit it to his reading style.... which maybe is next to nil is my guess....

Today, Obama gets his PDB on his iPad, and is, absurdly, waiting for the PDB to resemble the Internet itself — “from a once-a-day production-and-brief-engagement model,” Priess writes, “to continuous, near-real-time virtual support.”

It seems even the paper ones were only a few pages. I had to read more pages daily in third grade!!

We're screwed. Were so screwed.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: desert
If Trumpa can't sit his fat a down to read a PDB, he has no business being a POTUS.

Those making excuses for Trump not reading the PDBs - - has got to be the most pathetic thing ever on ATS.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cauliflower
a reply to: carewemust

Who does Trumps choreography?
Is it a washington think tank operation?

Choreography: the sequence of steps and movements in dance or figure skating, especially in a ballet or other staged dance.

Maybe the New York Ballet?

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   
The CIA is the enemy of humanity. they're human traffickers, drug runners, gun runners, murderers and more. I would not be too surprised if trump got himself jfked.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: semperfortis
Report: Obama Has Missed over Half His Second-Term Daily Intel Briefings

Obama Skipped 62.5 Percent of Intelligence Briefings this Year

White House Admits Obama Skips Most Intelligence Briefings

Apparently it is a pattern..

Thank you. They are worried about a splinter in Trump's eye and can't even see the wooden blank in Obama's.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join