It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump Has Attended Only Two Intelligence Briefings

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: Byrd

In his defense, and I can't believe I'm doing it, it's only been two weeks and a little.

Nope. He's had them available since May-ish. (report)

When he finally attended one, he was dismissive of the intel given him: (Fox News, August 2016)

But, yeah, this is a trend that could become worrisome.

But, is he skipping, or is he being skipped? Or is this even a thing? Given the feeling towards the man in both media and other circles around DC...? It wouldn't overly surprise me if any of those were true.

According to every news source, he's skipping them or sending Pence.

Check Google for various stories on this from many different sources. It's not like he has been snubbed or people have refused to talk to him. Clinton certainly attended them as Democratic nominee.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
UHH , in case you forgot - NEWS FLASH. Donald J Trump is President Elect , not President yet. That would be the current President Obama's responsibility .
And at 2 Intelligence briefings , looks as if the President elect has attended more than the President has. In 8 years combined

As I said (and linked in numerous stories) both the Democratic and Republican nominees get them (Trump skipped all but one; Clinton attended them) and the President elect gets them so he knows what ongoing security problems exist for the US and how the situation has developed.

Or, at least that's what it's supposed to do.

Obama gets them on a daily basis - including when he's on vacation. That's part of the duties of President. In fact, this was the policy for every president so far.

You can see daily presidential briefings for past presidents at this link. Go look at them and decide how important this material is
edit on 24-11-2016 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

In all seriousness -- this is a worrisome trend, and something people need to not just dismiss.

Have Americans been influenced so much that their distrust for anything "American" has been totally obliterated?

Trump is essentially snubbing the very people he is going to need down the road to accomplish his job. He's basically sticking a subtle middle finger up in the air to the people he is going to be relying on to ensure our America's safety and freedom.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: JimSmith
No . the President elect can have a cabinet member go. As Trump has Pence going while he lays out the first "100 days" of his Presidency. Obama just merely overlooked them in lieu of something more important. His golf game.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Really ? Oh , yeah . I remember .He got briefed on the golf course after the briefings via phone.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

Have Americans been influenced so much that their distrust for anything "American" has been totally obliterated?

By foreign citizens ? Yep , they try....hint , hint , jab , jab

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I clearly said that Pence is attending the briefings, and I think that is fine

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Maybe he'll pay more attention if the people involved in these breifings stop running to the media to tell tales about him.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Well, that isn't good. I hope he starts taking the job seriously soon.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Just had my US passport renewed myself. What an ordeal. I forgot you have to remember what cities your parents were born in.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Maybe the intelligence meetings are not filled with much intelligence, so the top guys pass.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

A lot of times, people who aren't smart think they are very smart.

This could be the case.

This is called the "Dunning-Kruger effect"

The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which low-ability individuals suffer from illusory superiority, mistakenly assessing their ability as much higher than it really is.

Link

Trump might be suffering from believing he's more intelligent than he is, and doesn't need to be briefed.

He did fail to sell people bottled water and steaks.
edit on 24-11-2016 by Kettu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
a reply to: JimSmith
No . the President elect can have a cabinet member go. As Trump has Pence going while he lays out the first "100 days" of his Presidency. Obama just merely overlooked them in lieu of something more important. His golf game.

Yep some want to forget Trump is but one man. By the time you attend a security briefing half the day is basically blown unless you live in the Whitehouse. Pence is quite capable of telling Trump if there is something that needs his immediate attention/comment.. Most people in positions of power have people they trust to keep them informed in different areas of concern .. otherwise you end up like Carter who was frozen in ineptitude or Clinton bombing a aspirin factory. Our military industrial complex certainly has an agenda and it all starts during the national security briefings IMO. Trump says and appears to be working on revitalizing America... for without jobs and the massive det dealt with there will be no nation to worry about.
edit on 727thk16 by 727Sky because: ..

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
To take briefings from another administration provides an opportunity for the outgoing administration to steer Trump towards a favorable disposition for their operations. Trump will trust his own advisors, and will have the added benefit of having Pence's perspective from the current period of briefings. Transition of Power 101.

January 2009, Obama's first month is office, he attended only four PDBs. Source

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Okay, then answer me this:

Why have other presidents who are also, "just one man" been able to attend more?

Why are excuses being made for Trump?

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

In all seriousness -- this is a worrisome trend, and something people need to not just dismiss.

That's ridiculous. When Trump became the GOP nominee back in July, there were existing officials that said that they would refuse to brief Trump on intelligence.

theintercept.com...

Not only that, I fail to see how you can interpret a "trend" in such a small period of time. Stop trying to push BS if you are not willing to back it up.

Back in August,

Donald Trump offered a blunt explanation for why he wants retired Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn at his side as he gets his first classified briefing at FBI headquarters on Wednesday — he doesn't trust intelligence information coming from those currently in charge.

Link

Again, he doesn't trust the current administration's take on Russia or the Middle East and neither would I in his shoes. It's a smart move considering that he is going directly against the current agenda.

What we're witnessing is the media's attempt to spin his actions into anything that makes him appear clueless and ineffectual. Trump has already expressed his thoughts about these intelligence briefings numerous times, but the media is good at ignoring that part.

edit on 24-11-2016 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

IMPEACH THIS MAN

Lol, silly OP

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Candidates don't get daily briefings like the President does.

One, they don't have the time, or need, to get a daily briefing. Two, since the briefing is given in a secure facility, and candidates aren't at a secure facility every morning, that limits the number of briefings they get.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: seagull

In his defense, and I can't believe I'm doing it, it's only been two weeks and a little.

Nope. He's had them available since May-ish. (report)

When he finally attended one, he was dismissive of the intel given him: (Fox News, August 2016)

But, yeah, this is a trend that could become worrisome.

But, is he skipping, or is he being skipped? Or is this even a thing? Given the feeling towards the man in both media and other circles around DC...? It wouldn't overly surprise me if any of those were true.

According to every news source, he's skipping them or sending Pence.

Check Google for various stories on this from many different sources. It's not like he has been snubbed or people have refused to talk to him. Clinton certainly attended them as Democratic nominee.

The briefings he had in May were not the same as the ones he began to receive once he became President Elect.

This entire story is just another case of media propaganda.

The truth is that President Elect's in the past have not always taken briefs as soon as the election ends. In fact some have waited till the end of November and some into December.

There is no anomaly at all here, but it is being played as one by the MSM.

edit on 24/11/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu
a reply to: 727Sky

Okay, then answer me this:

Why have other presidents who are also, "just one man" been able to attend more?

Why are excuses being made for Trump?

They haven't. In fact, some have waited till early December.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join