It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Fugitive hiding in trunk tries to ambush Officer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
www.nbcdfw.com...

Police dash cam video recorded a police officer bringing down a man who tried to ambush the officer in Idaho. The man was taken into custody and now faces charges for aggravated assault and resisting arrest.

Crazy video. I think the gun turned out to be fake. Not many details yet. Glad the Officer spotted what was going on and was able to control the situation. Too any LEO's on ATS, stay safe if your working today, and any day/night for that matter.

edit on 24-11-2016 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-11-2016 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Dumbass is lucky he didn't get himself shot. Shows a lot of restraint on part of the officer. The way things are lately, with people attacking police, I would've dropped him quick- if I were the cop. Too many nut jobs lately- did we run out of meds or something?

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Well played officer. Just to add I am a Brit and because your titles says the man was hiding in a trunk I was wondering if the was going to spring out from inside a tree hollow.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
He saw the trunk move , knew right away theres somebody in there. Good eye officer.

Edit: Why the ambush tag? He could have just been trying to escape. My guess, he didn't hide in there originally with intent to "ambush an officer".
edit on 24-11-2016 by intrptr because: Edit:

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

actually, I see it a different way.

The driver obviously popped the hood. The cop saw the hood pop and reach out to hold it closed but before he could, the guy in the trunk lifted the lid all the way.

At this point, there is a big question about his motives. Was he intending to reveal himself and turn himself in? We can't know for sure because the officer obviously reacted to control the man.

But that is the way I am voting. The driver (girl) who popped the lid and came out to see what was going on and obviously had no intention of joining in to help the man (or the officer). If she had an inkling that the man was going to attack the officer, she would have either stayed out of it by staying the car or joined in.

I think what happened is the girl told the officer about the man. The officer called for back-up before there was any obvious reason to call for it. The girl popped the trunk unexpectedly. The officer (rightfully) reacted to gain control of the man. The reason I say this is because the girl got out of the car! She could have been shot (by the officer, expecting her to help the man) or by the man (who may or may not have had a gun).

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

Yup, we're a confusing lot over here.... Would be hilarious if someone actually hid in a tree hollow though- all kinds of nasty things in them, I can just see someone running away screaming.. covered with angry biting possum babies...

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
He saw the trunk move , knew right away theres somebody in there. Good eye officer.

Edit: Why the ambush tag? He could have just been trying to escape. My guess, he didn't hide in there originally with intent to "ambush an officer".

Title of the news article not mine. I am not sure if it was a planned ambush or not.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Natas0114

Yup, we're a confusing lot over here.... Would be hilarious if someone actually hid in a tree hollow though- all kinds of nasty things in them, I can just see someone running away screaming.. covered with angry biting possum babies...

Two nations divided by a common language. At least you have not committed the linguistic atrocities of our antipodean cousins

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

originally posted by: intrptr

Title of the news article not mine. I am not sure if it was a planned ambush or not.

Yah, like how could dude know when to pop out and attack, if even he was in there for that purpose. If he's a fugitive thats why he was hiding in the first place, in case they get pulled over.

Further: the officer probably asked her to pop the trunk so he could "look around".

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   

The aussies aren't bad- you would talk funny too if it were 100 degrees outside and your wearing winter socks, boots, and shorts.... Gotta love that mullet hairdoo....

top topics

join