It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Carrier Staying?? Trump working on Thanksgiving: I'm 'making progress' to keep Carrier in US

page: 1

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I wonder if Trump would have lost the election if the Carrier plant would be talking about staying? And would they be concerned about 35% tariff if they did move the plant to Mexico?

Trump is working on Thanksgiving to get Carrier to keep it's plant in the US instead of moving it to Mexico.

Donald Trump said Thursday that he is making progress in his attempt to keep a Carrier air conditioning plant in Indianapolis open.

Maybe the fact that the tariff threat is real may have something to do with it?

Carrier announced earlier this year it would move the factory to Monterrey, Mexico, eliminating 1,400 jobs by 2019.

On the campaign trail, Trump threatened to call executives at the company and hit them with high tariffs on any furnaces and air conditioners imported from Mexico.
thehill.com...

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Simple formula, it took a business man to implement. A community organizer wouldn't know where to start!

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Trump hasn't even sworn in yet and he's creating/saving more jobs than Obama.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Trump hasn't even sworn in yet and he's creating/saving more jobs than Obama.

Because politicians are hopeless! Industry and commerce wouldn't employ them! TRUMPiNATOR will become known as TRUMPTHEJOBMAKER

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy
I think that the corps have been allowed to run free range and do what ever is best for the bottom line, and that line was very good while they were in the US. But gosh darn it, we (corps) can get just a little more if we move to a third world country and exploit workers, environment and of course exploit the US worker with a pink slip.
Of course the media, for the most part just went along and neglected their duty to inform people. But now it seems different, we will see if Trump is everything he said he is.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I know that they don't like one line replies here, but all I have to say is...

HELL, YEAH!

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

The manufacturing base is a national security issue. This includes the steel industry, aerospace industry and food industries to name a few that come to mind.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
The S.O.B. is already rollin' up his sleeves and working to bring back jobs! Way to go DJT!

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I get the feeling he loves to work. And it doesn't matter if it is on a real-estate deal or giving a company many reasons to stay in the US or getting his admin appointments settled.

The S.O.B. is already rollin' up his sleeves and working to bring back jobs! Way to go DJT!

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 03:36 AM
link   

But I thought Trump was supposed to destroy America? Where's Reldra?

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Nice, there are some who need to have proof, and proof is already starting to show.

Will those who doubted be able to admit that there is progress that is good for the American worker instead of the dems best friend, the multi nationals? We will see.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

I wonder if Trump would have lost the election if the Carrier plant would be talking about staying?

There have been ongoing efforts to keep Carrier in Indiana well before Trump started coming onto the campaign trail. Heck Indiana gave Carrier millions in tax breaks over the years as an incentive:

The city isn’t the only group left hanging from a Carrier contract. In 2013, the feds offered Carrier $5.1 million in clean tax credits to ramp up production in Indy. Since 2013, the Indiana Economic Development Corporation gave Carrier almost $200,000 dollars in employee training grants.

The city provided a six-year tax abatement, which got Carrier out of paying nearly $1 million in city property taxes.

fox59.com...

The unions have even been making efforts to keep the company there:

In an effort to stop Carrier from leaving, Jones said the union identified about $23 million a year in savings that it could offer to the company. Carrier responded that it expects to save $65 million a year by moving operations to Mexico, Jones said. Carrier will pay Mexican workers a base wage of $3 per hour, or $23 less than the highest-paid workers in Indianapolis.

www.indystar.com...

I question how honest Trump is with regards to the situation or 'negotiations' with carrier. I think by the looks of it that ship sailed a long time ago and Trump is making it look like he's trying.

So far it's only Trump and his team claiming they may get Carrier to stay. The best we've heard from Carrier thus far is that they're looking into it, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Tax cuts can't compete with cheap labour. A 35% tariff may do some help, but there are other factors, negative factors, to putting up high tariffs. I personally hope I'm wrong as more jobs going overseas is the last thing Indiana needs. I think though part of the problem is that the Rustbelt states are unwilling to move on from manufacturing and bring about other solutions for jobs. The US economy is no longer based on manufacturing, it's moved to becoming a service based economy. It was inevitable. You can't just switch back to the 50's and 60's. We're in different times now.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Looks like they are....

www.nytimes.com...

new topics

top topics

join