It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pros and Cons to California seceding from the USA?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

I live in the heart of liberal California, have a job that requires me to meet tons of people, and have yet to meet a single person who thinks this. This is an extreme leftist/right meme or something, lol.
edit on 11/26/2016 by spite because: i am bad at typing

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimmyJones63
We settled this question a while ago. It was called the civil war. Let them try and then carpet bomb the hell out of the lot of them.

All enemies, foreign and domestic and California is full of domestic enemies.

Don't carpet bomb all of calif as only a small part of the state is democrat.
3/4 of the state votes republican but we are out numbered by the weirdos in the big cities.
www.blessedcause.org...
Nevada has the same problem in that Reno and Los Vegas have a lot of democrats and the rest of NV is republican.
that is how NV got Harry Reid

In calif we just hope the big one earthquake hits and takes out LA and San Fransisco so that the state will be republician again.

if calexit happens just send ammo as the state will be in open insurrection.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

What is "normal" people?

The average Californian understands personal space and accepting people as they are.

For me that's one of the most important things about CA.

You don't have to "fit in", inturn you let everyone else have their own space.

Asking someone what church they go to would be considered rude.

That is something I love about the west in General, not just California. I was born and part raised in Cali, but spent more time living outside the state than I ever lived in it. I've lived In Florida, South Carolina, Ohio, Washington state, Arizona, Nevada, Virginia, and have visited/ spent time in Georgia, Upstate New York, Texas, Oregon, Utah, Illinois. Even in the western red states like Nevada, Arizona, Montana, ect, no one gives a crap what religion you are, if any, and it only comes up if you tell someone. But my experiences in Bible-stan were totally different. Like, when I visited my Aunt in Texas, my aunt introduced me to some of her local friends, who within 15 minutes were asking me what church I went to, what denomination, ect. I politely said I don't go to church and don't believe in any religion, really. Upon learning that I was "gasp" atheist, well let's just say I had to spend about an hour explaining to them that being an theist does not mean I also support communism, or burn the American flag, worship satan, or have zero moral compass whatsoever. Still, it didn't seem to sink in, and I was glad I was only there a week. I could only bite my tongue so long.

It was also pretty similar in Georgia, Carolina, and Ohio. Region is far more dominant in the daily lives of people in that part of the country, which is why I prefer staying west of the Rockies. Not just California, but the West over all, has much more a live and let live policy than other parts.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu
www.forbes.com... 56acc5a9c

Heck, Hillary Clinton is apparently so loved she could be their first President!

Nothing says California couldn't attempt to rejoin the USA later.

Thoughts?

Hillary President of the United Kali-fornications

The place where:

Space may be the final frontier but it's made in a Hollywood basement.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Yea.. when a state is doing bad, great practice.. let's just dump 'em.

Wonderful mindset we have in America now.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arizonaguy
a reply to: Nyiah

California neither owns those bases nor the land they sit upon. The United States Government does.

That's a fact, and they are strategic resources, so splitting of the US is a pipe dream.
They will be lucky if they don't physically secede anyway, given the geology there.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   
If they make Californian money that would be neat.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Like, when I visited my Aunt in Texas, my aunt introduced me to some of her local friends, who within 15 minutes were asking me what church I went to, what denomination, ect. I politely said I don't go to church and don't believe in any religion, really. Upon learning that I was "gasp" atheist, well let's just say I had to spend about an hour explaining to them that being an theist does not mean I also support communism, or burn the American flag, worship satan, or have zero moral compass whatsoever. Still, it didn't seem to sink in, and I was glad I was only there a week. I could only bite my tongue so long.

Like, some posters think I make this stuff up.

Maybe I haven't been there, but Geeze, I can converse with people. My neighbor, white guy, born and bred in New Orleans. He's got some funny stories.

I will be forever thankful my parents left Ohio and moved to CA before I was born. The thing about CA - - ya don't have to unlearn anything.

I lived in SW AZ for 20 years. I'd say AZ is similar to Texas. They are very proud of being the last state in the contiguous USA. They are very much "live, let live". Harassing Mexicans seems to come mostly from out of staters or those assigned to immigration.

The one thing that stood out the most is employees. Los Angeles area is highly competitive. You take your job serious. The "I'm barely here" store clerks in AZ were like culture shock. Contractors that cared brought in crews from out of state, mostly CA.

I you were looking for a job and told them you were from CA, they practically hired you on the spot.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: JimmyJones63
We settled this question a while ago. It was called the civil war. Let them try and then carpet bomb the hell out of the lot of them.

All enemies, foreign and domestic and California is full of domestic enemies.

So, you want more division.

Jesus Comes to divide the ONE world Orwellian order. And I am all for it.

The Sword of the Gospel
Mathew: 10:34
"Do not assume that I have come to bring peace to the earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword."

And that sword is called truth

Annie are you Okay?†
edit on th2016000000Sundayth000000Sun, 27 Nov 2016 02:11:18 -0600fAmerica/ChicagoSun, 27 Nov 2016 02:11:18 -0600 by SoulSurfer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: SoulSurfer

I'm atheist, and very OK.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join