It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can't give stars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 04:46 AM
link   
I noticed recently that I can't give stars any longer. I can flag a post but all stars I give disappear when I leave a thread and come back in. Does anyone else have this problem? I think it is like this maybe for a week or slightly longer, I have only noticed yesterday.
Sorry I can't make this post longer or give more details as there is nothing more to it.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

Sometimes, the site lags a little bit and the stars you place won't show up. It might be that. The key to know is if it's still got the swirling circle going up in the tab. Might be different on a phone or tablet.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: gottaknow

Sometimes, the site lags a little bit and the stars you place won't show up. It might be that. The key to know is if it's still got the swirling circle going up in the tab. Might be different on a phone or tablet.

No, I am able to give stars as in: they turn green but when I get back after coming out of the thread, they have disappeared [stars are empty again]. I will keep an eye open for that circle, even though I am sure there is none. Maybe I missed that.
Oh and for my own thread I can't give any stars to your comment. Is that normal or part of my 'punishment' for using Adblock on my PC [not using it on my mobile, so I still have to s̶u̶f̶f̶e̶r̶ see them, yet get privileges removed. Nice logic there].

Thanks
edit on 24-11-2016 by Hecate666 because: added stuff

edit on 24-11-2016 by Hecate666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Is it possible that you are double clicking thereby eliminating the star even though you see it appear?

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666
Oh and for my own thread I can't give any stars to your comment. Is that normal or part of my 'punishment' for using Adblock on my PC

This is a thread in "Board Business", which means nobody can give any stars.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Add and script blockers do affect some features here. Try disabling and see what happens.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

I see what you mean, here is a screenshot.

When you give a star it turns green, when you return to the page or refresh here is a new empty star. I think it is normal. I am sure the star counted.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
its your cookies. enable, and unrestrict all.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 04:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
its your cookies. enable, and unrestrict all.

All enabled.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 04:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jdennis10

I see what you mean, here is a screenshot.

When you give a star it turns green, when you return to the page or refresh here is a new empty star. I think it is normal. I am sure the star counted.

Yes and if you star it again, it won't stick.

Only 1 star per post.

I've been through it.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Exactly!

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Nobody is going to read this but I counted the stars and I really don't get to keep one green. If I manage to vote, there is no extra empty star, they are all green!

You don't get empty stars just for the lolz or for the good looks.
In my case:

- Empty star = not voted
- All stars green = voted

top topics

join