It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey blames Syrian government for deadly attack on Turkish soldiers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 04:31 AM
link   

The Turkish military has said that Syrian government forces were behind the attack that killed three Turkish soldiers and wounded 10 others in northern Syria early on Thursday.

“It has been evaluated that an air attack carried out by the Syrian government around 3.30am local time on 24 November resulted in the martyrdom of three of our heroic comrade in arms and 10 of our heroic comrades in arms have been injured, one seriously,” a statement on the a statement on the website of the Turkish Armed Forces said.

Turkey blames Syrian government for deadly attack on Turkish soldiers

While everyone is focused on the United States and Russia concerning WW3, there's still a chance that other countries could end up pushing things over the edge. An all-out war between Syria and Turkey right now would almost certainly turn into WW3 in my opinion.

I don't think this news belongs in the WW3 forum now, but in a day or two it might if things escalate. That's how close we are. Trump appears to have saved the day in terms of a WW3 where the main initial conflict involves the U.S. and Russia directly. We're not out of the woods yet however.
edit on 24-11-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 05:21 AM
link   
What? Foreign, uninvited military force is attacked by legal domestic army. Bad bad Assad. And bad bad Putin for good measure.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Lets see here, Turkey has illegally occupied Syrian land in order to protect the terrorists that they are using to topple a sovereign state.

Turkey does not have a leg to stand on.

Erdogan believes he can take Aleppo and Mosul, it is never going to happen, he would be better occupied at home trying to keep the reinforcements (ISIS) in line.

Go home Erdogan... your drunk!

edit on America/ChicagoThursdayAmerica/Chicago11America/Chicago1130amThursday5 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   
This thread about Turkey is very appropriate on Thanksgiving. I am glad the Turkeys are blaming the Syrian government for killing them instead of blaming us. Now, off to start cooking.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Is it not one year to the day after Turkey downed the Russian jet?
Are they sure Syria was in the cockpit?

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

You gave me much needed LOL. Thank you!

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Meanwhile the world is ruled by maniacs.
All those little wannabe Hitlers, disgusting!
I hope the nations, where the people made such megalomaniacs to their rulers(obvisiously), or do everything that such rulers stay in power, build all a wall and stay inside with their rulers.
So this disease can´t spread over the whole world!

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Maybe Turkish soldiers should stay out of Syria. Im fairly sure they werent invited.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   
so Turkey invades syria...now they complaining dead's....hmmm did they had permission to be on syrian ground????????????

the fools....

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

That is too sensible, you might just need medications to make it so you can't see that.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Oh well. Don't invade a country with zero provocation if you don't want your soldiers to die I guess.

Syria and her allies have every right to use whatever force they deem necessary to expel the invaders.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   
This whole invasion is literally to distract rebellious elements of the Turkish military so they don't rise up again like they did earlier in the year. It's a fairly common tactic used by extremely unstable dictatorships.

top topics

join