It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

New Pennsylvania hunting Law

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

Venison is healthier.
When i was still working with the Sheriff Dept.
I was considered for TactMed. Tactical Medic, so the training stuck with me. I don't mind going to the range and practice with a mock up town. Like laser tag but louder.

But a couple years back the clubs didn't want to be connected to the drama of the "Assault Weapons"

Yes it's costly, but it will be nice to have this "privilege" yet my Rights back.

BTW: every hunter i know, uses every part of the deer.
Even the un desirables. The bones are boiled and rendered for stock.
This stays true to an old partner of mine, he's a Native American. He has a use for evey bit.

edit on 24-11-2016 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-11-2016 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Fine for yotes n hogs.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyosaurus
a reply to: cynicalheathen

Never been wild hog hunting, but I live in Louisiana. The hogs are such a pest that there is no season or weapon limits on boars. You can roll out at night with thermal cameras and a silenced mp5 if you felt like it.

Wow!
Wild hogs, eh?
Do motorists hit them on a fairly regular basis like deer up north? Just curious. I see at least a half dozen deer on my five mile drive to/from work. I know one day I won't be able to stop in time. Hogs have a lower center of gravity...

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

Damn, everytime i see a deer or racoon dead on the road my heart sinks. Then i slow down.
But around here it's a gamble if you don't look ahead and don't drive fast.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Feral swine are an invasive species. They destroy the native ecosystem, causing literally billions of dollars in damage to agriculture and not to mention they are vectors for disease. For more information go here: www.lsuagcenter.com...

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyosaurus

Feral swine are an invasive species. They destroy the native ecosystem, causing literally billions of dollars in damage to agriculture and not to mention they are vectors for disease. For more information go here: www.lsuagcenter.com...

Yes it is literally a civic duty to take out as many feral swine as you possibly can. And I hear they're actually not bad eating. Could feed a lot of people.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I use a semi-auto shotgun if I'm hog hunting. I was going to post that we have always been able to use semi rifles, but after I thought about it, I've only packed one a few times. I prefer my lever action .444 Marlin for bog and brush hunting, a bolt action .30-06 for intermediate range and I've got a Sako 7mm bolt action for bean fields.

Although I've got a pile of semi autos. I generally just target shoot with them, tbh.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

My guess is that Governor Wolf expects a tough re-election campaign in 2018 and is hoping to establish a little credibility with the 2A crowd in that state. If I lived there, I still wouldn't vote for him. He'll still roll over for the national Democrat party as soon as they start with the anti-gun proposals again. They always do.

That being said, I generally support anything that promotes expansion of legal gun rights, so yes, I think its a good change in the law.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: Kettu

I personally do not know any hunters who do not eat what they kill.

Not personally but you've heard of Donald (jr) and Eric Trump?

I can garantee they didn't eat that big cat they were posing with.

inhabitat.com...
edit on 11/24/2016 by AlbanArthur because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlbanArthur

What's the point of hunting or fishing if you're not going to eat it?

I won't lie to you...I LOVE deer, elk, hog, bass, bream, crappie, trout, you name it. I'd bear hunt if there were enough of them to not endanger their gene pool. I'd shoot a big cat if it were coming right for me but not otherwise.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

originally posted by: AlbanArthur

What's the point of hunting or fishing if you're not going to eat it?

I won't lie to you...I LOVE deer, elk, hog, bass, bream, crappie, trout, you name it. I'd bear hunt if there were enough of them to not endanger their gene pool. I'd shoot a big cat if it were coming right for me but not otherwise.

Exactly. I am far from antihunting. I've eaten deer, squirrel, turtle, frog legs, alligator, and yes....even bear (black).

Eat what you kill or you are a loser in my book.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   
AR15`s come in calibers very suitable for deer such as 6.5 Grendal,.300 blackout,.450 Bushmaster,and .50 Beowulf,to name a few.With proper bullets and picking your shot a .223 is adequate.Accurate shot placement is vital with smaller calibers.Eat what you kill,healthier by far than anything in a supermarket.
edit on 24-11-2016 by ridgerunner because: spelling

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

It's been a while since I've checked the hunting laws as pertains to size of rifle. It's not something I pay much attention to, since my smallest hunting rifle is my trusty 30-30 Savage bolt action.

I would love to get my hands on an original Garand, cosmoline or no...
If you're ever interested in selling...you've got a market right here.

edit on 11/24/2016 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: AlbanArthur

Eat what you kill or you are a loser in my book.

You're damned skippy. That's where I learned how good ground squirrel is when I was a kid. Brought home, along with one of my Uncles, a dozen of 'em, and my grandma made, to this day, some of the best stew I've ever had... Enough to feed a couple dozen people, most of whom had little to no idea what they'd eaten 'til afterwards. There were some very thoughtful faces on some of them, most who'd never eaten anything not bought at a grocery store, afterwards...

My grandma was an old pioneer, came west in one of the last wagon trains as a little girl. She could cook anything, and make it taste amazing!! Grew her own food, 'til the last few years of her life--and fussed about it, too.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: seagullWhen trump goes in they will be able to import Garands from allied countries and you should be able to get one.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ridgerunner

Something to look forward to then, since I'm one of them thar gunnutters...

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthsSword

Just out of curiosity, where do you buy your meat...assuming you're not a vegetarian?

What's not hunting? Yes it is. Slaughter of helpless animals... That greatly depends upon what you are hunting. Most every animal hunted has methods they use to escape predation, or slaughter if you prefer... Speed. Camouflage. Even cunning. Or a combination of all of those. Some of the animals are more than willing to hunt you right back. Boar. Bear. Puma. Moose. Hunting in the wild is a challenge, and one that man doesn't always win.

I've lost count of the number of times I've been skunked out in the field.

Man is a hunter. Also a killer. Evolution will not, anytime soon, breed that out of us.

You don't like it? Sorry about that. There is much more to hunting than the "slaughter" of helpless animals. Have you ever seen the results of a winter kill among an over populated herd of deer or elk? I have. A rifle bullet is more merciful, and quicker. Hunters are among the most ardent and outspoken advocates of preserving our wildlife, and the outdoors. I've been putting my money where my mouth is for nearly half a century--my first hunting trip was when I was ten. Paid for my tags and stamps with my paper route money, and virtually every year since, I've had a hunting licence and duck stamp/upland bird permits/deer and elk tags--all that money goes towards helping preserve the wild. I'm also a member of Ducks unlimited, and the Sierra Club...

So my life is just fine. If anything, it lacks more opportunity to go out and "slaughter helpless animals".

So before you get all holier than thou, and climb up on the high horse, my friend, may I suggest you learn a little of what you speak of?

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: AlbanArthur

No, they probably didn't, but I'll bet you someone else did. Or should have.

Many hunters, though I hesitate to use that term, give the meat to their guides, who take it home to eat.

I loathe the idea of trophy hunting, or those horrid game ranches here in the states. That's not hunting. That's killing.

Hunting is going into the bush, never knowing what going to come next.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh
a reply to: JinMI

😊
Wow you and and Seagull know alot. I'm a bit of a simplton when it comes to the history of fire arms.
I have a German Mauser in a pile of parts. Thought it would make a good bolt action rifle. 8x57mm i think. Its collecting dust. Picked it up at a gun show for $600.00.

Boy did you get taken.
I picked up a BRNO 98/22 8MM German Mauser in 2002 for $57 dollars at a big 5 sporting goods.
It only cost me about $250 to convert it to a .308 and i used the same outside barrel dimensions so that it still looks like a issue German Mauser but now in a NATO cal that i can find most of the different hunting rounds in boxer priming and can reload them.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Aeshma

Yotes, surely. Not so sure about hogs though...

'course given my experience the first, and so far only, time I went pig hunting--there was a moment I thought an M2 HMG insufficient...that was one tough ol' pig.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join