It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

‘We Don’t Need White People Leading the Democratic Party Right Now’

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: dubiousone

Yes, actually.

She comes from the perspective that if a person doesn't represent her demographic niche, then they are automatically incapable of representing her in any way. So from her perspective, only a young black woman can properly understand and represent her. Similarly, only a true Millennial could represent a Millennial.

Her viewpoint is one of intersectionality where every little demographic box she has is a circle and she inhabits where all those political circles cross each other and only others who have exactly the same set of circular intersections can ever hope to really understand her in any meaningful or real way.

Her brand of identity politics is ultimately divisive and toxic. It will tear the party and the country should it come to power further apart than it ever will bring it together because instead of trying to focus on shared experiences, it focuses on differences and grievance with others.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: imjack

And yet, this past cycle the Republican slate offered two Hispanics, one black man and a woman.

Contrast that with the Democrats who had three candidates all white and one woman.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

For effs sake...

Why every time I see one of these threads employing this fallacy...I always have to ask who the hell is that?

Congrats...you found someone that is a Democrat saying something stupid.

Why should I care? What does this prove?

Hell a couple hundred Trump supporters gathered in DC to shout heil trump and explain White Power had arrived in the White House...does that prove all GOP are white supremacists?

Dumb premise to your race baity thread.
edit on 25-11-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

And yet, this past cycle the Republican slate offered two Hispanics, one black man and a woman.

Contrast that with the Democrats who had three candidates all white and one woman.

Hmm ..and in the end the Dems picked the woman and the GOP picked the oldest, richest arguably whitest guy.

What was your point again?

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
We need aliens to run our government because they would do a better job than us.I'm sure if they wanted to kill us over they would just come out and say it.Please wear tin foil hats !!!!!

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: ketsuko

Hmm ..and in the end the Dems picked the woman and the GOP picked the oldest, richest arguably whitest guy.

What was your point again?

The Dems didn't "pick" the woman. They wanted the oldest white guy too, but their party colluded to make sure they never had a choice.

Thanks for playing.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   

She is helping the Democrat Party implode from the core as more people run from the radical crazy stuff.
I think the Democrat Party had been hijacked by Black Liberation theology which is communist. Drudge headline today is Black Friday Matters.
edit on 25-11-2016 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
White folks outdated, catch a tan mofos.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
This is just more proof that liberalism is a very irrational mental disorder. ~$heopleNation

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I think he's partially taking your posting history into account here.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: filthyphilanthropist
a reply to: mOjOm

I think he's partially taking your posting history into account here.

For example??

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

I think you missed the point.

My comment, if you had payed attention, was the exact same argument used by the DNC woman but in reverse, and served to highlight how unfair and uninformed such a blanket statement was about "all white people" by making the statement in reverse, i.e "all black people".

You jumped to correct my alleged misreading of the situation without ever A) denouncing her original statement, and B) recognising the implied sarcasm in my post.

I will forgive the sarcasm part, as maybe I was too subtle or not subtle at all and it threw you...but there's no excuse for the other part.

P.S your excuse making and hypocrisy, effectively summed up as "even when whites elect a black man they are racist", is pretty pathetic.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
If I'm understanding various leftist mouthpieces correctly, which is difficult as they rarely make any sense, if white people elect a black leader they are racist, and if they don't they are racist.

The Republicans field two Hispanic, one black, one female candidate(s) in the presidential debates they are racist, but the Democratics who field two white people aren't?

When whites offer affirmative action they are racist, but if they don't offer it they are still racist?

White men reign over women in an insidious rape culture, especially against "women of colour and members of the trans community" (who knew?) which makes them racist, but Islam gets a free pass and lectures the west on civilised values, and if you point that out you are an "Islamophobe" (lol...😂) and, you guessed it, a racist.

Meanwhile, random whites are dragged from their cars or attacked 6 on 1 in car parks and on the street at political rallies by black and brown people, are targeted in knockout games, by black people, thugs attack white people while waving Mexican flags outside political rallies, and lets remember the disproportionate number of victims of black on white assault, murder, and especially rape, with black people all over social media, backed by the press and educational establishments, calling on whites to kill themselves, arguing about the best way to slaughter white babies, calling them vermin, calling on people to exterminate white cops and fry "pigs in a blanket", itself a BLM/Black protestor call against the whites in uniform, and all the while seeking to create segregation on college campuses, and nobody ever says they are racist...only, at best, that they discriminate.

The absolutely ludicrous notion has gained traction that only those in power can be racist, and as black people apparently have no power they can't be racist, goes the lie.

Of course it's nonsense, but it is used as an excuse to justify or excuse appalling behaviour.

Then you have "white privelege", another lunatic fringe philosophy, that says a homeless white guy with no teeth and heroin addiction, who lives in a dumpster and eats cat food for dinner, is inherently priveleged in a way a multimillionaire black actor with homes in New York and the Caribbean can never be.

The point I'm trying to make, as laboured as it is, and about the broader issue raised by the comments of the women at the DNC, is that either racism is wrong or it isn't.

Either it has to be challenged and denounced, no matter the perpetrator or victim, or it has no meaning.

If some of the disgusting racism being levelled at whites in the full glare of social media, on college campuses, in the print press and t.v, none of it hidden or spoken in hushed tones, is allowed to continue then there will be a backlash.

Racism is either A) unacceptable, no matter the perpetrator or victim, or it is B) acceptable depending on the perpetrator or victim.

Can't have it both ways.

Time to start holding these racist to account.

edit on 25-11-2016 by Godabove09 because: Spelling mistake

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
The left would quickly have you believe that white people are intolerant of black people, Mexican people, Muslim people, etc. But when you look at life as "problems" and "symptoms", things become more clear. This woman is the problem...racism is the symptom. Illegals, including Mexicans are the problem...whites being called haters is the symptom and Muslims committing terrorists acts are the problem...vetting them extremely is the symptom.

You can try to fix symptoms all you want, but unless you ELIMINATE the PROBLEM...the problem will always remain. And when the problem goes away...the symptoms go with it.
edit on 11/25/2016 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Godabove09
a reply to: Spider879

I think you missed the point.

My comment, if you had payed attention, was the exact same argument used by the DNC woman but in reverse, and served to highlight how unfair and uninformed such a blanket statement was about "all white people" by making the statement in reverse, i.e "all black people".

You jumped to correct my alleged misreading of the situation without ever A) denouncing her original statement, and B) recognising the implied sarcasm in my post.

I will forgive the sarcasm part, as maybe I was too subtle or not subtle at all and it threw you...but there's no excuse for the other part.

P.S your excuse making and hypocrisy, effectively summed up as "even when whites elect a black man they are racist", is pretty pathetic.

My opening post on this thread a couple of pgs back. I missed nothing , you made what seem to be racializing incompetence or corruption, where I have a made any statement saying when whites elect a black they are racist, that certainly didn't come from anything I've written.

Well that was stupid and unnecessarily racist, but Didn't Donna Brazil lead the Dems into disaster with her cheating ass, if she had said they don't need neo -libs running the party then yeah, screw em, it's like saying only Neo libs are white which is far from the truth.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Godabove09

I think you should win the post of the year award, because that's what many of us have been saying, but you packaged it up beautifully and right to the point! It should be plastered all over the place. Kudos.

edit on 26-11-2016 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: T0rMenT0R

This makes me sad, and ashamed. I am against race fighting i see a future where everyone lives in peace no matter the colour of skin they born with. Is it always so crazy there like this? I have much hope for the future where people live in peace and get on with there lives in peace.

The good news is this crap seems to be over inflated in the media. I'm currently living in Fort Worth, Texas. My area is very diverse. Everyone seems very friendly! All races are friendly with each other. I've heard white people complimenting the black cashier's hair at the grocery store. I've had black people compliment how cute my white kid is. The Lithuanian grandpa, the (east) Indian parents, the hispanic mom...all go out of their way to have their kids play with mine and we chat it up on the playground like we're all old friends.

It's kind of funny because it's as if people are going out of their way to be nice so they won't be one of 'those guys' like the media portrays. So in a way all this vitriol is having the opposite effect on reality. Instead of replicating it in real life, people of all races are going out of their way to prove they're not like that.

Works for me!

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Problem solved!

You, sir, are a genius.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

This makes me sad, and ashamed. I am against race fighting i see a future where everyone lives in peace no matter the colour of skin they born with. Is it always so crazy there like this? I have much hope for the future where people live in peace and get on with there lives in peace.

The problem with left wing parties is that they need to spend money in order to win special interest votes. With a rainbow alliance of multiple special interest groups they need to spend vast amounts of money to keep them happy. That involves raising taxes on non supporters. But that takes money out of the economy especially the small business owners who create jobs. So it always ends up a battle of those with a good education, jobs and salaries vs. those without. Left wing parties like to import new voters because they can promise "the future will be better".

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyvalkyrie

The good news is this crap seems to be over inflated in the media. I'm currently living in Fort Worth, Texas. My area is very diverse. Everyone seems very friendly! All races are friendly with each other. I've heard white people complimenting the black cashier's hair at the grocery store. I've had black people compliment how cute my white kid is. The Lithuanian grandpa, the (east) Indian parents, the hispanic mom...all go out of their way to have their kids play with mine and we chat it up on the playground like we're all old friends.

It's kind of funny because it's as if people are going out of their way to be nice so they won't be one of 'those guys' like the media portrays. So in a way all this vitriol is having the opposite effect on reality. Instead of replicating it in real life, people of all races are going out of their way to prove they're not like that.

Works for me!

Thank you kind lady for being honest. You are one i wish were more of. I know of only a few here who speak truth.

You are kind thank you.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join