It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

‘We Don’t Need White People Leading the Democratic Party Right Now’

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Wasn't this Bernie's press secretary?

*Sigh*

What a boneheaded statement. I mean, she could have said we need diversity in the Democratic leadership but no -- she went there. We don't need white people leading it right now? What the hell is wrong with you woman? You just shut the door on a huge base of your voters. Idiotic.

How about we don't need the same old same old establishment politics in the Democratic Party? We need some new blood? It's not about their ethnic background or their skin color it's about who can actually get in there and not promote oligarchy.

AKA "Content Of Their Character."

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: loam

You people need to get a grip. Just because this one woman thinks this means exactly nothing overall.

As if every left leaning person in America is really thinking the same??? Please....

Couldnt care less what 1 or even 100 idiots think.
What bothers is she comes out with a blatantly racist and exclusionary comment and the media doesnt say shyte!!!
Imagine the freakin #storm if this moron was white saying we dont need a black leader and calling for a white leader.

Im not sure whats worse, not calling this woman out for the racist she is or giving her a platform to spread her racist hate from in the first place

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gumerk
We don't need white people leading it right now?

She didn't just say we "don't need white people leading the Democratic party..."

She doesn't want them anywhere..."from the vice-chairs to the secretaries all the way down to the people working in offices at the DNC."

In other words, white people just need to shut up and vote democratic. Otherwise, no need to apply.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   

And I see in one of her tweets she is actually praising Donna Brazile -- so yeah, that could explain her crazy mindset and judgement.

Praise the Lord for Donna Brazile who brought folks in and calmed the waters.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   
My God!

The size of that woman's mouth is ENORMOUS. The stuff spewing out of it is terrible.

If "African Americans" hate America so much, why don't they just lay sole claim to their African heritage and request assistance being repatriated to the country of their race's origins?

I'm quite sure America would be all too happy to oblige. I, for one, am sick of all the talk. Time for some folks to put their money where their mouth is.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

So I just finished reading this Slate article advocating for Keith Ellison as the new DNC Chairman:

Why the Democrats Need Keith Ellison

There are many arguments one could make for why Ellison should be DNC chairman. Martin speaks about his skills as an organizer and his understanding of how to rebuild the party at the state and local level. As a representative of one of the country’s most safely Democratic districts, says Martin, Ellison could coast to re-election, but instead he’s worked hard to increase voter turnout and build the party’s strength in each election. “He’s partnered very closely with the state party and the local party committees, and he understands how important it is to build that infrastructure,” said Martin.

But what matters most of all is that Ellison himself has so much at stake. He can be trusted to pour himself into the resistance because his own future in this country depends on it.

In other words, his race and religion become his PRIMARY qualifications to ward of their perceived threat represented by Trump.

And what kind of thinking does he apparently engage in?

Dem Congressman Wants Anyone But Straight White Men To Apply For Internships

Minnesota Democrat Rep. Keith Ellison’s office is hiring interns for the fall and strongly encourages anyone who isn’t a straight, white able-bodied male to send in an application.

“The Office of Congressman Keith Ellison is looking for enthusiastic interns for our Washington and Minneapolis offices. We seek interns who are curious, hardworking, and passionate about serving Minnesota’s 5th district,” Ellison’s Congressional website states.

“While Congressman Ellison encourages all individuals to apply, applicants with strong ties to the Fifth District or Minnesota are preferred,” the page states before adding one final note: “People of color, LGBTQ individuals, women, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.”

The only people not possessing any of the “strongly encouraged” characteristics are white, straight, men without disabilities.

And the left had the courage to talk about 'dog whistles' this cycle???

So it's not just CNN's Sanders who speaks and thinks this way. Many of them do.

Whoa whoa whoa. Lets be careful using the word "courage" and "the left" in the same sentence.

I think you mean idiocy.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

originally posted by: Gumerk
We don't need white people leading it right now?

She didn't just say we "don't need white people leading the Democratic party..."

She doesn't want them anywhere..."from the vice-chairs to the secretaries all the way down to the people working in offices at the DNC."

In other words, white people just need to shut up and vote democratic. Otherwise, no need to apply.

Sorry, another correction needed.

White people need to shut up and vote brown democratic.

If youre white and a dem, you better openly express white guilt if you are to thrive in your (hijacked) dem party.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   
What she said is prejudice as hell and honestly, she should step down or recuse herself from her position from within the party with a declaration like that.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I'm a lifelong Democrat who has voted GOP a handful of times. I voted against Gore, for example.

I don't believe I have a party anymore. My party has nothing to do with any of this nonsense.

On the other hand, I can't stand modern country music and the only gun I've ever fired was for shooting clay pigeons.

My favorite food is Cal / CO Mex, with lots of green chili and the music I love best is funky, sweaty, and 50 years past its expiration date.

I think I'll vote Walrus from now on. File me under independent, at least until I can get this whole "visa" thing worked out.

This planet is BS.
edit on 23-11-2016 by 0zzymand0s because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

There are a handful of third parties trying to stand up, give them a try and help guide them in a direction you believe in.

we may be on opposite ends of the political spectrum.... but seeing the democratic party implode like this breaks my heart for multiple reasons.

Also even though i am conservative I voted Jill Stein, my party couldnt get on the ballot.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   

I'm right there with you. I am/was a registered Democrat at one time. But the swerve to the left that began to gain pace when I was in high school has left me without a party, too.

I am that very rare beast known as a conservative democrat. Used to be a lot more common...but I fear I'm among a dying breed.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Well that was stupid and unnecessarily racist, but Didn't Donna Brazil lead the Dems into disaster with her cheating ass, if she had said they don't need neo -libs running the party then yeah, screw em, it's like saying only Neo libs are white which is far from the truth..but hay I am not feeling them Dems right now, looking to build Green.
edit on 24-11-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Get in the taco truck brah!

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 12:42 AM
link   
The Democrats definitely need to appeal to white people as those make the majority of the vote. Making a political policy that doesn't include whites is suicidal for the Democrats.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deplorable
My God!

The size of that woman's mouth is ENORMOUS. The stuff spewing out of it is terrible.

If "African Americans" hate America so much, why don't they just lay sole claim to their African heritage and request assistance being repatriated to the country of their race's origins?

I'm quite sure America would be all too happy to oblige. I, for one, am sick of all the talk. Time for some folks to put their money where their mouth is.

See this is the kind of sht I spoke to in other threads.

the problem is the long standing attitude is this is a "White" nation and others are merely guest, how many time have I heard the phrase ...well if you don't like it, meaning something one may find offensive take your ass back to..Africa!, when in fact the majority of non whites arrived at roughly the same time as Europeans, some even arrived thousands of yrs earlier to be considered true natives and have left considerable contribution in every sphere, from slave to soldiers, scientist and inventors.

Now this lady in the vid, I don't agree with her racism, and as racist and offensive as many white ppl are , I seriously doubt that you had ever said to them , they can move back to their land of ancestral origins, it wouldn't even cross your mind so entitled you feel that you can tell other Americans who have been in the USA for as long as your ancestors, and even before there was a US they came at the time as Europeans mainly the Spanish, some explored what is Arizona, Nevada, and Florida, his name Mustafa Zemmouri , or Estevanico the Moor, the site of Chicago was settled by Jean Baptiste Point du Sable.
They didn't always benefit equally from the contribution they made or even recognized, but neither you or anyone else can tell Black ppl or any other Americans to go back to where their ancestors came, they more than earned their right to be here and offend your ass if they please.
edit on 24-11-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Identity politics is a big problem for the left. I have little doubt the democrats would choose a person based on their race and not their merits.

But I think it helps to show that she does not speak for anyone but herself, simply because she cannot speak for anyone but herself. These race peddlers are charlatans, no matter what side, party, and race it comes from. If they frame the debate with identity politics as they have done up until now, it would be stupid to play their game.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Oh dear. oh dear.

You Americans really need to sort out your divisive race politics. This is reverse racism, but OK because it targets whities.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

They didn't always benefit equally from the contribution they made or even recognized, but neither you or anyone else can tell Black ppl or any other Americans to go back to where their ancestors came, they more than earned their right to be here and offend your ass if they please.

One of my family members favorite response to that is, "I'll go back to Africa when you go back to Europe". America wasn't built by white folks alone, no matter how much they insist on it on the DL.

Everyone contributed to this country, from the Navajo repin the Indigenous people to the slave labor workin Chinese who connected the West Coast to the rest of America.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   
DD
edit on 24-11-2016 by Logarock because: n

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Well they see a black Pres for 8 years and reality slips for them a bit.

And really no group no race minority is ever going to rise without the majority being involved. the other races in this country owe whites a great deal. Its not a one way street about how much whites owe.
edit on 24-11-2016 by Logarock because: n

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join