It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

‘We Don’t Need White People Leading the Democratic Party Right Now’

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Right now, the Democrats are diverse in the sense that they want people who are superficially different. But if you hold a different point of view, you are no longer welcome. They are basically purging their party like a bunch of moral puritans as bad as any group of religious zealots.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Whatever happened to judging a person by the content of their character instead of the color of their skin?

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: sooth
Whatever happened to judging a person by the content of their character instead of the color of their skin?

They nominated Hillary Clinton and realized that not even they could be that hypocritical.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

On Wednesday’s “CNN Newsroom,” CNN Political Commentator and former National Press Secretary to Democratic presidential candidate Senator Bernie Sanders (I-VT) Symone Sanders argued, “we don’t need white people leading the Democratic Party right now. The Democratic Party is diverse, and it should be reflected as so in our leadership,” during a discussion on the possible DNC Chairmanship of former Vermont Governor Howard Dean (D).

Link.

Well, there you go. She talks about diversity, by insisting upon exclusion.

It isn't about ideas or leadership. It's about the color of your skin.

And they wonder why they lost the election? I particularly love how the white guy sitting next to her is nodding his head in agreement. I guess he's a Donald Sutherland fan.

Btw, didn't the democrats have a black president for the last eight years???? It's very confusing trying to keep up with leftist logic.

Do you think Symone has a leader in mind? Maybe a black female?

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   
So she's doubling down on her twitter account:

Link.

The one comment "I'm here looking out for white interests. Boo to you if that makes you uncomfortable." is terrible, but funny at the same time.

You reap what you sow.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I hope modding pays well.

I like to think helping so many people is it's own reward.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Awe. Too bad you're white. The left could really use your help.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

I guess there are no white millennials?

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Tell me that many aren't thinking that. Majority? Maybe not, in fact, probably not. But far, far too many are practising politics of exclusion, while attempting to claim otherwise...is it any wonder my party is in shambles?

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Moreover, it isn't just some people on the fringe. This is democratic thought leadership taking these positions. They are encouraging it...normalizing it.

Just astounding.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
This lady is a doofus and represents no one but herself.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   

The one comment "I'm here looking out for white interests. Boo to you if that makes you uncomfortable." ... is terrible, but funny at the same time.(Dots added for separation)

Is that commenter really looking out for white interest tho? I think her comment speaks to the entire situation.

You reap what you sow.

Ahh! So when the shoe is on the other foot and they are in a situation of "it's funny, but not funny", they should have a sense of humor and remember to live, laugh, love when the script is flipped.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

But , but , I thought All Liberals were Colored Blind ?

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: gpols

Really? Are you that obtuse?

I think that twitter reply was demonstrating a point by flipping the absurdity of Sander's statement.

But let there be no doubt, for every jack-ass on one side, another is born on the other.

Saying crap like Sander's comment is damaging and even dangerous to our Republic. People need to get a grip.

edit on 23-11-2016 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

White isn't classified as a color so that's their excuse.

One day all their hate and intolerance will catch up to them.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

As I've already shown here, she is just one voice joining a chorus of voices that are urging the same.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep

White isn't classified as a color so that's their excuse.

One day all their hate and intolerance will catch up to them.
If white is not a color, then it is the pure essence of a lack of color. Does that mean that all white people (actually, I think only albino's truly classify as such) are devoid of having any sort of color bias?

Wow, who woulda guessed the Democratic party figured out that white people are the true color neutral people.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   

It's like we live is this weird alternate reality were an entire section of the populous is being gaslighted and yet they choose to live in their comfortable reality created for them.

Gaslight - to cause (a person) to doubt his or her sanity through the use of psychological manipulation

Really? Are you that obtuse?

I mean you have spin then you have outright lies. At least spin attempts to keep some truth to the situation. Too many people spreading a false narrative to score an easy win for their "team" so to speak. The downside is that people that are unable or unwilling to think for themselves just take whatever their side is saying and runs with it.

It's the fact people that prosper off of people being useful idiots continue to prosper because the folks that know better are either prospering too, or don't have the spine to raise the bar.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   

But, but, I thought Conservatives said Racism is a thing of the past??

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

So I just finished reading this Slate article advocating for Keith Ellison as the new DNC Chairman:

Why the Democrats Need Keith Ellison

There are many arguments one could make for why Ellison should be DNC chairman. Martin speaks about his skills as an organizer and his understanding of how to rebuild the party at the state and local level. As a representative of one of the country’s most safely Democratic districts, says Martin, Ellison could coast to re-election, but instead he’s worked hard to increase voter turnout and build the party’s strength in each election. “He’s partnered very closely with the state party and the local party committees, and he understands how important it is to build that infrastructure,” said Martin.

But what matters most of all is that Ellison himself has so much at stake. He can be trusted to pour himself into the resistance because his own future in this country depends on it.

In other words, his race and religion become his PRIMARY qualifications to ward of their perceived threat represented by Trump.

And what kind of thinking does he apparently engage in?

Dem Congressman Wants Anyone But Straight White Men To Apply For Internships

Minnesota Democrat Rep. Keith Ellison’s office is hiring interns for the fall and strongly encourages anyone who isn’t a straight, white able-bodied male to send in an application.

“The Office of Congressman Keith Ellison is looking for enthusiastic interns for our Washington and Minneapolis offices. We seek interns who are curious, hardworking, and passionate about serving Minnesota’s 5th district,” Ellison’s Congressional website states.

“While Congressman Ellison encourages all individuals to apply, applicants with strong ties to the Fifth District or Minnesota are preferred,” the page states before adding one final note: “People of color, LGBTQ individuals, women, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.”

The only people not possessing any of the “strongly encouraged” characteristics are white, straight, men without disabilities.

And the left had the courage to talk about 'dog whistles' this cycle???

So it's not just CNN's Sanders who speaks and thinks this way. Many of them do.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join