It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

GRENADE ATTACK? USA Holiday Genocide Against Native Americans?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun
a reply to: fractal5
Your contention that the police launched a grenade that about blew the gal's arm off is a bit over-blown isn't it? And then you use that incident to launch into a tirade. So any of us reading your words will--or should be--suspicious of your info and intent.

What proof that it was a grenade? What manner of grenade, one fired from a grenade gun or the thrown variety?
It would be a rare case for either of those weapons to be used by the police. Was a SWAT team there or merely regular cops? Neither a gun-fired grenade or a thrown grenade would likely injure one part of a person's body and leave the rest uninjured.
The grenade was being widely reported as fact based on multiple eye witness testimonies, and knowing about a number of CS grenade deaths I didn't question it. But, upon seeing additional eyewitness testimony I edited the post to re-state facts as allegations, but the shrapnel is in evidence now so it will be known for sure in due time. The OP now reads that it is an allegation, which it is.

My intentions are irrelevant because I cited sources, so what is important is the strength of the cited sources.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Can it actually rip an arm apart and if so wouldn't she need to be holding it?

A flash bang can F you up, but it's not going to tear flesh off like what is shown in those images.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 03:10 AM
link   
So many wrong assumptions and so much arrogance in the comments, its ridiculous. The Morton County Sheriff is saying she was hit by an exploding propane cylinder and provided pictures. Unfortunately for that theory, propane cylinders are designed NOT to explode in that exact situation. They have rubberized valves which will melt, or pressure release under heat, causing at most a few second flash of fire. She was not burned. The propane cylinders the police showed were not fragmented and had not exploded. one appeared to have burnt plastic on the bottom.

yes, a concussion grenade can do that to her arm if in direct contact. they are not supposed to be thrown "at" people. It may not fragment, but it does open/expand. Additionally, there is the possibility of illegally "wrapping" the grenade, which would cause explosive fragments. Some are saying this is what happened. There are other types of "less lethal" grenades police have access to, that are filled with rubber or plastic pellets.

The fragments recovered from her arm will tell the story.

The pipeline was first placed next to a "white" city, Bismark. The white people decided it was a danger to Bismark's water, so they routed it down right along the rez's boundary threatening their watersoucre with underwater drilling/placement. That's what pissed off the Sioux and started it. Now it is all about 300 nations of indigenous all coming together as one Nation of all colors to defend Earth and water and to have a voice. Many indigenous people's from all around the earth have now stood in solidarity with the Sioux. I have had Mongolian shamans adding me on facebook.

Today is thanksgiving. The Indigenous people aren't celebrating.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Things are heating up over there and getting serious for sure.

It is sounding to me like a protest that has become a movement on the verge of becoming a rebellion.

Interesting times indeed.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 04:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: jayfkntee
yes, a concussion grenade can do that to her arm if in direct contact.

Do you have anything to support this claim? Those grenades don't explode. The charge combusts generating gas. As long as the gas has room to expand damage would limited to blunt trauma and burns.

And why would anyone want to illegally "wrap" the grenade if it works just fine as is?

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   
This thread screams "Racism" so bad.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

Dear God, this is horrendous. I pray for those people.

Our government needs to stop this. Our president-elect should say something. But he won't, he is all about big business.

I have thought several times, "I want to go there". But it is not financially feasible.

This is a humiliating shame on our government.

You cannot be serious. You are assigning blame to Trump? What about the guy who currently occupies 200 Pennsylvania Ave? You SJWs are a clueless bunch.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   
People in America need to realize how many ways our government has committed atrocities against the various tribes throughout North America.

The Treaty with the Delaware of 1804, while not requiring the natives to cede land did begin American programs of assimilation. By 1830 with the Indian Removal Act the "civilized tribes" of Choctaw, Chickasaw, Cherokee, and Seminole would have their homes taken at gunpoint. People that became farmers and taught their children European ways of life were forced into the wilderness of Oklahoma - and then called imbecilic because they didn't know how to forage and hunt like a "real indian".

100 years of westward expansion from the United States meant that every Native surrendered their rights and lands. When The whites reached California and couldn't push the Natives any further west, they gave them tracts of land in the worst possible areas (areas nobody else wanted). They continued to take from the Natives, their religion was outlawed, their government was outlawed, their children were stolen from them.

Then gold was found in the Dakotas, so half of the $@#%-land that had been given to the natives was taken away. A large group of Sioux said "no more" and led a war party out across the prairie, eventually finding a long golden-haired champion of the 7th Cavalry. Yes, the Standing Rock Reservation is home to the Lakota Sioux that fought the battle of the Little Big Horn.

Following the battle their Reservation was broken into pieces and a small band of Hunkpapa Sioux travelled south due to the conditions in the Reservation. While moving south the were intercepted by the cavalry and attacked. Yes, Standing Rock Reservation is home to the Hunkpapa Sioux that suffered the atrocity of Wounded Knee.

Today, 100 years later, its an oil pipeline that will poison the Reservation's water. A half a million gallon per day pox filled blanket that the tribe is fighting against. We as Americans, love our Constitution. Yet we forget that the sovereignty of Native American is written into the document. At a whim we think of them as "wards of the state" or "second class citizens"
because they refuse the yolk so many of us accept without a whimper.

Throw grenades, use water cannons, chain vehicles to the roads. Just bear in mind, Standing Rock left the "Pride of the 7th Cavalry" defeated on a dusty hill and the ancestors are always watching.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: fractal5

Source: aptn.ca...

Thank you for posting the link. Best description that I've seen of what happened:

The North Dakota Highway Patrol issued a statement Tuesday saying police spotted three demonstrators, two men, and a woman, hide behind a barricade of plywood wrapped in a blue tarp beside the burned-out deuce-and-a-half.

The statement said while police fired bean bag and sponge rounds at the plywood barricade they noticed a separate group of individuals approach the area “where one of them rolled multiple metallic cylinder objects” toward the three demonstrators.

“After the cylinders were rolled near the burned vehicle, an explosion, witnessed by law enforcement, occurred and several protesters ran to the area, pulled a female from under the burned vehicle and fled the scene,” said the statement, which added the events occurred after 3 a.m.

I'm going with agent provocateurs. But her dad is also very clear about a grenade:

“It is unbelievable that governments are violently attacking citizens,” said Wilansky, a Bronx, New York City lawyer. “Not to control the protest, not to save property, but to intentionally damage people on purpose so other people won’t come.”

Wilansky also blasted the Morton County Sheriff’s Department for suggesting his daughter’s injury was caused by the premature detonation of a small propane tank rigged to be an improvised explosive device.

“That is ridiculous,” said Wilansky. “They threw a grenade right at her. She saw them throw it right at her, there is no question as to what happened….It wasn’t caused by a fire. It was a grenade. This is a weapon of war.”

Was it both??? Could they all be telling the truth?
edit on 24-11-2016 by Boadicea because: formatting

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

People in America need to realize how many ways our government has committed atrocities against the various tribes throughout North America.

I agree. But I think it's more important that people realize how many ways our government has committed atrocities against all of our people -- and continue to do so.

These acts are not atrocious because they were committed against a certain people; these acts are atrocious no matter who they are committed against, and that it is government against the people makes the acts even more egregious.

The fact that we divide ourselves by fighting over who is the most righteous or worthy victim only serves their purposes. We become their foot soldiers in the divide-and-conquer campaign against us.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: thesaneone

I thought it was from a propane bomb from the protesters side that caused her injury.

Yea but somebody somewhere said the cops did it so obviously that trumps any kind of actual evidence that says anything else.

Like how her injuries look more like a pipe-bomb wound than a flashbang wound.

So you have some actual evidence this was not the police and it was a self inflicted wound ?

Do you have some actual evidence that it was the police?

As I never said it was a self-inflicted wound, I won't be arsed to prove it was.

Good try. Utter failure, but you get a gold star.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: loveguy
i'd still like to know who authorized the use of force against a sovereign nation?

That whole "sovereign nation" thing doesn't apply to Natives once they're off the reservation. You do know that, right? Once they leave the reservation, they're subject to the same laws and enforcement actions as the rest of us.

As in if a Native is trespassing or trying to get somewhere they're not allowed to be, they can be stopped. It's not a matter of "oh damn you're a member of a reservation? well, you can do as you please then!"

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   

I thought it was from a propane bomb from the protesters side that caused her injury.

Yea but somebody somewhere said the cops did it so obviously that trumps any kind of actual evidence that says anything else.

So you have some actual evidence this was not the police and it was a self inflicted wound ?

As I never said it was a self-inflicted wound, I won't be arsed to prove it was.

At this stage we cannot prove either way who it was so it is still possible the police inflicted the damage ....

Regardless of what your feelings may be on the subject

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Sorry, not buying a story that police are throwing grenades at protesters.
Far more likely to be either a) a lie, b) initiated by protesters.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: moebius

originally posted by: jayfkntee
yes, a concussion grenade can do that to her arm if in direct contact.

Do you have anything to support this claim? Those grenades don't explode. The charge combusts generating gas. As long as the gas has room to expand damage would limited to blunt trauma and burns.

And why would anyone want to illegally "wrap" the grenade if it works just fine as is?

How can you claim that "Those grenades don't explode" when what you say right after that is an explanation of what an explosion actually is - a charge under goes combustion and generates a quickly expanding gas.

If that gas is trapped inside a case or some sort of shell, or even if it just expands instantly in open space, it will create an explosive force. If it was the "flash-bang" type of grenade, it probably used flash powder for the charge. If it is anything like the potassium perchlorate and pyro aluminum formula for flash powder, then it would explode if it was merely folded in a piece of paper and lit.

Think about it, they call it a "flash-bang" or "concussion grenade". A flash caused by a violent and instantaneous combustion of a powder charge, and the bang, the concussion of the force of the instantly expanding gases. If it had a casing of any kind on it, that casing material would fracture in the explosion and emit some form of shrapnel.

What? they don't produce shrapnel? Well then just duct tape some nails and broken glass on the outside of it and you have your shrapnel. If it happened to explode out one end or on a single side, shrapnel or not, it would be propelled like a mortar shell.

ETA: Think of it like someone taping a few powerful M-80 firecrackers together, lighting then tossing them at you and having all three explode on your arm, leg or face. That's what a flash-bang would be like if you got hit with one.
edit on 24-11-2016 by MichiganSwampBuck because: added extra comments

edit on 24-11-2016 by MichiganSwampBuck because: typo

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
One would expect to see some significant burn damage, if one was close enough to a stun grenade (M84 style) to have their flesh rendered that deeply.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   

At this stage we cannot prove either way who it was so it is still possible the police inflicted the damage ....

Regardless of what your feelings may be on the subject

Okay? I didn't attempt to "prove" anything, so what's your point? I didn't say definitively that it wasn't the police, nor did I say definitively that it was.

Regardless of your ability to grasp that.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

i'd still like to know who authorized the use of force against a sovereign nation?

What are you babbling about now? What "sovereign nation?
This is NOT happening on a reservation, so why do you keep claiming it is?

self determination

Native American self-determination refers to the social movements, legislation, and beliefs by which the tribes in the United States exercise self-governance and decision making on issues that affect their own people. "Self-determination" is meant to reverse the paternalistic policies enacted upon Native American tribes since the U.S. government created treaties and established the reservation system. The nations want to control their own affairs.

the quality of life they seek (contaminate-free water) on their own land comes from beyond the border of their land, get it?
these are people capable of making their own determination what good water is, so if they don't want to risk relying upon potential contamination, you should respect their wishes.

if you don't want them crossing the border to come protest any grievances they might have against you; or if the teacher has to keep telling you to sit down---> maybe you should determine it best to just sit your own ass down because forcing your will upon another individual is going to have negative consequences. preventable consequences is the magic word.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   

maybe you should determine it best to just sit your own ass down because forcing your will upon another individual is going to have negative consequences. preventable consequences is the magic word.

So those users of oil opposing this oil pipeline can force their will on others as they are 'special"....

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I found out what type of grenade was being used against the protestors.

Link to article

The Stinger® CS Rubber Ball Grenade is a maximum effect device that delivers four stimuli for psychological and physiological effects: rubber pellets, light, sound, and CS. The Stinger® Grenade is most widely used as a crowd management tool by Law Enforcement and Corrections. The Stinger® Grenade has an initial 1.5 second delay that initiates fuze assembly separation, followed by another .5 second delay before the blast which is sufficient to project the rubber balls and chemical agent in a 50 foot radius.

Stinger® CS Rubber Ball Grenade

PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS Its applications in tactical deployment situations include high- risk warrant service, hostage rescue, and the arrest of potentially violent subjects. The purpose of the Stinger® Grenade is to minimize the risks to all parties through pain compliance, temporary distraction or disorientation of potentially violent or dangerous subjects. IMPROPER USE OF THE STINGER® GRENADE CAN RESULT IN DEATH OR SERIOUS BODI LY INJURY.

Construction Rubber Ball Grenade
Body Diameter 3.10 in / 7.9 cm Length 5.20 in /
13.2 cm Fuze M201A1 Type
Explosive Content Flash Powder - 0.28 oz / 8 grams
Sound Level 175 dB at 5’ (1.5 m)
Projectile Count 180 Rubber Balls 25 Rubber Balls
Launchable Yes
SUB -MUNITIONS Active Agent CS 0.07 oz / 2 grams
OC 0.01 oz / 0.30 grams
Caliber 32 60 Diameter 0.32 in / 0.81 cm 0.60 in /
1.5 cm Hardness 75 Durometer

WARNING: TO BE USED BY TRAINED LAW ENFORCEMENT, CORRECTIONAL OR MILITARY PERSONNEL WHO HAVE SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED A TRAINING PROGRAM FOR THE DEPLOYMENT OF DISTRACTION DEVICE® UNITS. IMPROPER USE OF THE DISTRACTION DEVICE® UNIT CAN RESULT IN DEATH OR SERIOUS BODILY INJURY.

edit on 27-11-2016 by MichiganSwampBuck because: added an extra comment

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join